Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 12:58 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You lost the senate because of Trump.

You lost the White House because of Trump.

You really think you’ll take anything back if trump doesn’t disappear?
Don't forget losing the House in 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 12:59 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm hoping you're not swiping at me as "some". I noted what you just said YESTERDAY and have called for their prosecution and mentioned clearing space at leavenworth for them (again yesterday).

Seems like someone can't put this event into any sort of perspective as a protest that got out of hand (which does reflect badly on Trump but then my opinion of him is already zero....) where the protesters did not kill anyone nor burn things down is not a coup nor insurrection.
I was making no personal connection to anybody. Some people is my go to phrase. Many here accuse any and all with very broad strokes. I endeavor to avoid doing that. All of us come by our opinions through our own experience and education. Painting people who think one thing about one issue means they are in lock step about all issues is silly.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I doubt that, because, just like Gerald Ford, when he pardoned Nixon, he did it for the good of the country. The possibility exists that he would, yet the anti Trumpers here are willing to impeach or exercise the 25th amendment. All Pence needs is one day in office to do that!
Reportedly, Pence is royally pissed right now because after four years of subservient and total fealty he is being thrown under the bus. Trump has refused to allow Pence or his chief of staff into the White House today. I don't think he's feeling all that charitable right now towards the president.

And pardoning Trump would not be for the good of the country. Letting the president of the United States get away with inciting insurrection would be tantamount to the end of the USA. If the president can attempt to overthrow an election without consequence we have become a banana republic.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:05 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
OMG wait a minute. I had to pick myself off the floor. This is the final straw for you? Well kudos.

Trump can be impeached in the house and the Senate can vote on it after he leaves office. If the Senate agrees, then Trump can never run for office again. I heard Neal Katyal talking about it.

Just wondering how you couldn't see what we've seen for 4 years now?

Old 01-07-2021, 01:11 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Default More waste

Why waste anymore time and effort on a meaningless if not egotistical issue? IMO The division in this country is only increased by the continual hatred, media spectaculars highlighting Trump.

I wonder how many people voted "against Trump," rather than "for Biden." One thing I learned for certain these past four years, I don't like ANY of our representatives. Representatives? No, they don't represent me, GOP or Democrat. IMO they don't represent "the will of the people,: rather they are more interested in power and control.

I am glad I am at the end of my life. I don't have any faith in our government no matter what party. Election Fraud? It could have been solved years ago with Voter ID. I have to show ID to get a book out of the library or board a plane. What's the big deal.

I'm tired of people screaming racism and white privilege, or picking apart a word or sentence someone speaks. I'm tired of Governors letting cities burn and call it a peaceful protest, while small businesses have lost their entire livelihood. I'm tired of Governors and representatives being hypocrites, telling us we can't be with our families, while they jet-set around. I am disgusted by the lack of patriotism and erasing our history in schools.

Why waste more time on another meaningless gesture? Why not spend sometime working to bring back the America that we loved and respected?

Old 01-07-2021, 01:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You lost the senate because of Trump.

You lost the White House because of Trump.

You really think you’ll take anything back if trump doesn’t disappear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Don't forget losing the House in 2018.
Exactly.

The more time Trump was in office the more damage he did to the party.

It is incredible to see people thinking there was no way Trump should have lost that election in November. Yes, he DID have a shot at reelection, if all of the stars were in alignment, he could have potentially won more of the swing states.

But that he lost them is no big surprise, he actually out performed, he should have lost more states. The man is universally reviled, he is not respected and he uses divisive rhetoric. Trump never attempted to expand his base, he never pivoted (the only president in my lifetime to neglect to do so).

There were clearly a lot of people on the fence until fairly late. Elections are won in the margins, always. The swing states were close, it could have gone either way, but the voters gravitated toward a more genuinely likeable guy, and a lot of Republicans split their tickets.

So Trump got his clock cleaned.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:15 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
OMG wait a minute. I had to pick myself off the floor. This is the final straw for you? Well kudos.

Trump can be impeached in the house and the Senate can vote on it after he leaves office. If the Senate agrees, then Trump can never run for office again. I heard Neal Katyal talking about it.

Just wondering how you couldn't see what we've seen for 4 years now?

Old 01-07-2021, 01:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
I am the opposite. I don't think he needs to be impeached even though I supported it last time. He's basically done now and we can just wait him out. Impeachment will just cause more chaos.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:40 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I was going to ask the same thing. A pardon for what? People have a right to assemble. Trump encouraged people to assemble. How is it his fault some of them became violent?

You might as well remove all the Democratic lawmakers for encouraging people to assemble this summer as soon as those turned violent. If the left didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.
Trump never said go storm the Capitol. He said numerous times to assemble peacefully, we are the side of law and order.
All the rats (Rhinos) are jumping ship. When it comes out at some point that it was BLM and ANTIFA that started the violence there will be crickets from all of them. That is not acceptable and is a huge reason why we are where we are today. The media's protection of the left, the media's protection of endless lies from Democrats, and the Republicans inability to stand up and fight back. This is what you get, tens of millions of people whose voices have been silenced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isCh...%27Roses-Topic

Old 01-07-2021, 01:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's unfortunate that you don't know what an insurrection actually is.

Protesters getting out of hand and trespassing and causing property damage is not that.

Lying and claiming it's a coup, insurrection etc. is frankly Trump-like.
a violent uprising against an authority or government. 17 officers wounded, destruction of property. That is Insurrection. Why are you defending traitors? Mike Broomhead of KTAR, a staunch conservative republican has said this was Insurrection and treason, why can't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies