Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 04:31 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, waste a bunch more time and tax dollars. He's gone in two weeks. But noooooooo.... we need to flush a bunch of the taxes we waste the hours of our lives every day paying right down the toilet.
Well if they are doing something useless like impeachment, they can't harm us by passing laws!

Of course if they succeed, they will find state capitols and DC actually burning. And that's not good for us normal people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 04:38 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's ridicules and plays right into the hands of democrats who have done their best to make America a banana republic !!!

Lets get one thing clear, no one in the GOP can win a national election without the Trump supporters who believe in the America first movement !!! Many like myself who registered and voted for the first time b/c there was someone to vote for, for a change !!! They sure won't turn out and vote for the do nothing status quo the GOP is so famous for !!! The Career Politicians who have ignored them for decades !!!

What happened yesterday by all democrat standards was a "peaceful protest" !!!
I will never vote for another Republican again because they are nothing but gutless, spineless cowards.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:43 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I just watched for a moment MSNBC and CNN. The rabid frothing is almost unbearable to watch. I had to turn to Newsmax to hear a civil tone.

Democrats are forcing impeachment as a way to control 2022 elections, and so they can cancel, dox, harass, congresspeople on the way they vote. They're terrified of losing the house. This is purely a political ploy.
Democrats want to be the Ruling Party forever. They are playing with fire.
Nice try but no cigar. ^^^This is an attempt at diversion--- from Trump's sedition--- by pretending the protection of our nation's national security is a Democratic wrongdoing; and it has failed every bit as much as POTUS' attempted coup on democracy. 2 years blah blah blah and the next election etc...C'mon the the attack on we the people is 48 hours old and you want to scream party politics over our country. This is a perfect example of Trump fealty.

Thank God there are adults in this country who see the clear and present threat Trump presents to this nation. This post's drivel and political posturing is typical Trumpian MO. America has lost patience for these types of ignorant partisan opinions and accusatory deflections. Especially now. Right now, really?

If you feel compelled to lecture concerned citizens and Americans on tone you may want to start with your demagogue Donald as he is most responsible for the breakdown of civility and decency and democracy in government.
The reason you have to turn to Newsmax is because they are the only folks willing to still march in lock step with Trump's lies and conspiracies and evil. That is what you are telling us, correct? You don't want to hear the truth.

Pity. Tragic. Scary.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-08-2021 at 05:14 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 04:51 PM

6,109 posts, read 3,344,280 times
That’s laughable that impeachment would be “for the good of the nation”. That is going to inflame tens of millions of people.

The only action going forward that has a chance of calming most is to let it go.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:52 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I will never vote for another Republican again because they are nothing but gutless, spineless cowards.
+1

I have always voted R in local and mostly state races. Never again.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Thank God there are adults in this country who see the clear and present threat Trump presents to this nation. The above drivel and political posturing is typical Trumpian MO. America has lost patience for these types of ignorant partisan opinions and accusatory deflections.
No, impeachment is the proverbial match to the powder keg. People believe they have nothing left to lose, and this will just cause more needless loss of life.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
No, impeachment is the proverbial match to the powder keg. People believe they have nothing left to lose, and this will just cause more needless loss of life.
Hopefully, with no access to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook he'll be pretty much out of commission.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:12 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Hopefully, with no access to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook he'll be pretty much out of commission.
Honestly, it isn’t Trump himself everyone needs to be worried about. This should be obvious.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:32 PM

888 posts, read 805,916 times
All people can say is Trumps racist. Like Obama was really good to White people. Then it's like Trump lies. So he got a little politician in him big deal. Only difference he didn't make his money stealing from taxpayers.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:52 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have virulently opposed the three impeachments in my lifetime, I thought they were destructive to our nation and driven by nothing but pure politics. I honestly believe what happened yesterday was fueled by the last impeachment charade and have nothing but contempt for Adam Schiff. I’m certainly no Trump fan but he never got under my skin and unlike most people I have been willing to give him credit where it was due.

Yesterday, though, makes me think, despite the fact that he only has a couple of weeks left, that he needs to be impeached. I have no interest in punishing him, I just want to protect the nation. If this were just about getting him out of office, the 25th Amendment should be the appropriate response, but it’s not just about getting him out of office. It’s about making sure he and his followers, especially the more fervent ones, understand he can never be president again. If convicted, instead of just impeached as we have done in all four cases, it can include a stipulation that he would never be able to hold office again. That is the important part.

I know they took forever with the last charade, but if 75% of Congress will support it, this can be rammed through in the time left. Our nation does not need the domestic terrorism that he would be capable of whipping up if his more delusional followers.
I have no problems with the Demonics impeaching Trump again....it will prove again how useless the House Dems are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies