Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 05:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Honestly, it isn’t Trump himself everyone needs to be worried about. This should be obvious.
I never was worried about Trump himself. I was always worried about all the hate-mongering, lies and fomenting of insurrection that he perpetuated. One man can't do that much harm. One man given a platform that can pass misinformation onto millions of followers who don't bother to educate themselves with the facts can do a lot of harm. I'm thrilled he no longer has that platform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 05:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
No, impeachment is the proverbial match to the powder keg. People believe they have nothing left to lose, and this will just cause more needless loss of life.
We can't live our lives in the US, being afraid of this lawless, violent faction and back down from doing what is right out of fear of evoking their tantrums.

The rest of us all knew that this summer, also. Cops can't stop enforcing the law and defending themselves, just because there are riotous people who will turn out in the streets and loot when they perform their legal duties.

You have to keep moving forward, doing what is right, and not live in fear of terrorists on either side.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Honestly, it isn’t Trump himself everyone needs to be worried about. This should be obvious.
It is Trump himself we have to be worried about.

Charles Manson didn't kill anyone, but there he sat in prison. Because of his persuasive power.

Same thing. Somehow, this fat orange man has incredible power over his followers, just like that little hairy monkey of a man had over his.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:02 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
You would be.

Censorship is fine and dandy when you agree with it.

It’s an extremely dangerous precedent.
I'm not a proponent of censorship. However, I am completely against the President of the United States inciting insurrection. THAT's the dangerous precedent. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater. You can't incite people to violently try to overtake the government. I'm sorry you can't see the difference.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:03 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Quote:
You would be.

Censorship is fine and dandy when you agree with it.

It’s an extremely dangerous precedent.
Not everyone's posts have the same national security implications as the President of the United States so what the average Bubba and Elly May post doesn't pose the same threat and isn't comparable.

Last edited by Jowel; 01-08-2021 at 06:32 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 06:04 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not a proponent of censorship. However, I am completely against the President of the United States inciting insurrection. THAT's the dangerous precedent. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater. You can't incite people to violently try to overtake the government. I'm sorry you can't see the difference.
“Go home” is not inciting anyone to violently overtake the government.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:07 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Steve Martin used to say...

Well, exxxxxcuuuuuse Me!

Now Trump will simply say , pardon me.

And all his antics will be wiped clean.

So we the citizens endured and abidded by the laws.

One man given power, will be pardoned. Isn't that just swell!

So you'll excuse me if all this motion to impeach or charge this man is for naught.

By no means do I support this traitor. I simply stand back and know that he'll walk away unscathed and with zero remorse for his actions.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:09 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
"Gather in DC, it's gonna be wild" is not "fire" in a crowded theater. If it is, I'm sure I can find literally dozens of examples of Democrats "inciting" their acolytes in a much more explicit, inflammatory way.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:12 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Trump most certainly deserves to be impeached but they can't do this in 10 days, attacking the virus and economy is more important. Just like when Nixon left office the best thing for the country is to move past this in spite of his behavior.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:16 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
"Gather in DC, it's gonna be wild" is not "fire" in a crowded theater. If it is, I'm sure I can find literally dozens of examples of Democrats "inciting" their acolytes in a much more explicit, inflammatory way.
But they didn't invade the capital and they were not the president calling for an attack on his own capital. Did you hear Trump Jr and Giuliani calling for combat, stop trying to dismiss his actions, this is not just anyone this is the president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies