Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 11:24 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,783,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
how about all the people who took part in stealing an election that was stolen out in the open.

voter fraud should have serious penalties. id hang them with piano wire and record it.
You need help. It'll be okay bud.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You do realize there are people who simply don't believe the election was fair. Some want a re-vote, others want an independent commission, and almost 100 Republican representatives made an objection to the counting of ballots in several states because of voting irregularities.

The 6th was the day this voting was going to take place, so they probably just wanted to storm the capitol to either stop the vote or to show that they don't like what is going on.

Explain how this was a coup. They made no demands, had no leader, shot no one, and then went home.
Do you think if there was a revote, and Trump lost again by approx the same margins, his followers would believe it?

At this point, those who stormed the Capitol and their ilk are incapable of seeing reality. They just can't do it.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:25 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
This...lots of Trump haters here who are showing their true character by their statements. Hateful people will always find a reason to hate. Investigate it like you would any other shooting incident, some here are acting as giddy as a teenager getting their first kiss that a Trump supporter was shot. Truly a lack of any type of personal character on the part of people who act like that. And I feel the same way if anybody celebrated the deaths of George Floyd etc. Feeling its justified is one thing virtually celebrating it is pathetic.
Lots of people revealing their true colors the last couple of days. We knew the left was filled with hate and had few principles other than the principle of hypocrisy, but its worse than I thought.

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
It's very sad this poor woman was shot dead. Trump didn't pull the trigger but the fault lies with him. He urged his magats to fight for him. They heeded his call and stormed the capitol. To the ones that stayed outside the capitol, good for you. But the ones that actually broke windows and trampled in the capitol raising havoc put their lives in danger. Unfortunately, she and the other 3 that died paid the price. May they all rest in peace.

3,371 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Even Graham said they can't provide him with even 10 names of people who voted illegally or who are recorded as voted, but who have died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB59LFoNto8
there were over 200 affidavits by witnesses. if you lie in an affidavit there are severe penalties. he is a RINO.

Forget about arguing about how much voter fraud there was. there were states that violated their own election rules which makes the votes in those states unconstitutional.

they had rules about signatures for instance and those rules were thrown out.

some states had more votes than voters. there is tons of proof.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:26 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,342 times
To be clear - since I'm getting weird PMs - just because I don't think the police should have shot this woman, I am NOT one of the MAGA mob. I don't think the police should shoot unarmed citizens in general.

I am sorry that her delusional devotion to QAnon and Trump contributed to her death. I am sorry that she was spurred on by Trump's insanity, lies, and manipulation, and the coddling and supporting of those lies by Republicans in congress including (I'm ashamed to say) my own Senators.

The pictures of the Capitol this morning show bullet holes, smashed class, destroyed furniture, graffiti. Those were not patriots yesterday.

And I don't think "antifa" snuck into a group of peace loving protestors. The oft-cited tweet saying antifa planned to infiltrate is from a parody account. Well known Proud Boys and MAGATs live streamed and posted photos of themselves on Parler and other platforms.

We are lucky they are so inept that they didn't know what to do once they got in, other than trash the place like a bunch of drunk frat boys.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Lots of people revealing their true colors the last couple of days. We knew the left was filled with hate and had few principles other than the principle of hypocrisy, but its worse than I thought.
Your take on yesterday is that it points out that the left is filled with hate.

I hope psych 101 students have access to this textbook case being offered up on public display.

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If she was a US taxpayer, it was technically HER house.
That does not give her full license to riot and break into it. Tell you what, you're a taxpayer, go climb the gate at the White House, it's your house right? let me know how it works out for you.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:27 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I was quite astonished by the lackluster response from those charged with guarding our Capital. All along i was thinking lock the seditionists in, charge them with treason, hold them in jail for trial, and then hang or shoot them, as appropriate.

If assaulting our government with force isn't grounds for treason, i am sure i don't understand what is.
Instead, they let them all just walk away afterwards, as if the party was over and it was time to go home. That, and how easily the insurgents were able to walk into that building, makes me believe the LE was complicit. There's no way they should have allowed all of those criminals to just leave.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:28 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Trumpers seem to have trouble distinguishing the difference between:

A random police precinct or a store

The Capitol Building where both Houses were in session

I would say false equivalence, hypocrisy or something else rational but these Trumpers are so far gone, it doesn't really matter.
In other words, only certain lives matter. Police, normal civilians don't count?

Why do you think there were thousands there protesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies