Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 10:37 AM

4,893 posts, read 3,346,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I should also add that...The Capitol Building is paid for and maintained for by our tax dollars.
It's OUR building. A few broken windows does not warrant the excessive use of lethal force or labelling people as "terrorists" which is what the media did.

The BLM & Antifa protesters have done far worse, burning down entire city blocks, and yet the police have never shot them to my knowledge.
BLM/Antifa also killed more people, at least 30. Although the true number likely higher.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:41 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,099,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So..... shooting a drugged up, unarmed black man who's physically resisting arrest is murder........

But shooting an unarmed white woman who's still yards away from the police for breaching a barrier isn't?
You guys made the rules about the last scenario, or are you opposed to be the Castle Doctrine?

Old 01-08-2021, 10:49 AM

8,490 posts, read 3,312,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, I think he acted lawfully. And he definitely won't be charged with any crimes. I think the courts would say it was justified because he was just doing his job. And he was.

But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm asking you, as a man, would you have shot her? Was there really no non-lethal alternatives when there are probably 10+ police officers standing within 15 feet, and there were several cops who had literally been standing right next to her for who knows how long, and were practically in arms-reach of her when she was shot.

You can justify it all you want, you can call her stupid, a criminal, a traitor, whatever you like, but it was wrong.

I understand I'm never going to change your mind, especially not after 60 pages of the same stupid conversation.
The point is that they either could not see her move into the window (the riot police) or now had their backs to her (the departing CP). This happened in a couple of seconds. You really are asking the plainclothes CP on the other side of the barricade to wait until she came to them. Or for them to rush towards her guns drawn with an unsecured group of protestors mainly unseen behind a barricade. The regular CP only appeared to be bystanders at that point.

That's a lot. Historically, it can be that one individual unpredictable enough to breach a barricade in that situation who could be ideological and crazed enough to have explosives in that backpack. Not likely maybe but then that wasn't the job of those now defending House members to make that decision on the spot.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:52 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,181,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
White Americans need to stop thinking theyre immune to being shot in instances like this. He wasn’t pointing a pepper gun ball at her. He was pointing his firearm. If they’re pointing their firearm at you they intend to use it.
I don't think she had any idea what was really going on. She was just there having fun, bouncing around, hooting and hollering with the crowd. It isn't even clear she saw the guy in the cubby with the gun.

I don't think this had anything to do with skin color. And I would have defended her regardless of what color she was. I defend everyone, even the people I don't like.

I believe everyone wants to see themselves as a good person, to be a good person, even if we're not, or even if we fail.

Although this thread is seriously making me reconsider that. Hopefully the psychopaths in this thread aren't representative of the average American. Because that would be truly depressing.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:56 AM

9,639 posts, read 5,998,634 times
Quote:
I don't think she had any idea what was really going on. She was just there having fun, bouncing around, hooting and hollering with the crowd. It isn't even clear she saw the guy in the cubby with the gun.

I don't think this had anything to do with skin color. And I would have defended her regardless of what color she was. I defend everyone, even the people I don't like.

I believe everyone wants to see themselves as a good person, to be a good person, even if we're not, or even if we fail.

Although this thread is seriously making me reconsider that. Hopefully the psychopaths in this thread aren't representative of the average American. Because that would be truly depressing.
She’s ex military. She knew. She thought nobody would pull a trigger on her.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:58 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
So is Ashli Babbitt a hero for “dying for the Constitution”? Or was it Antifa that stormed the building?

Because it can’t be both.
We'll never know who just all stormed that building...but die for the constitution? WHY.

She died because and due to Trump!!!!

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-08-2021 at 11:20 AM..

Old 01-08-2021, 10:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Why do you and your ilk assume this?

Is it because you are sitting behind a computer in a comfortable house and are unable to put yourself in his shoes?

The reports say that the radio in his ear was talking about bombs being discovered somewhere on property. He was told to defend this hallway at all costs.

AT THIS POINT HE OBVIOUSLY ASSUMED HE WAS IN DANGER otherwise he wouldn't have shot a person in the neck.

Please stop wasting your typing skills on this issue as you cannot possibly be correct that HE KNEW he was in NO DANGER. A guy doesn't shoot someone if he felt no danger was in sight. All he knows is a terrorist was jumping through a window in the zone he was supposed to keep secure and that's what he did. This was NOT ROMPER ROOM FUN TIME PLAY HOUSE, this is real world stuff. You don't get a second chance. If she got through, had a bomb and ran into the room 6 feet away and killed VIP's we'd be in a whole other mess.
Youre talking to a wall with that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
A person who is shot while storming the Capitol to attack Congress while it is performing it's constititional duty to count votes and certify an election is some kind of victim? In what universe?
In the delusional brainwashed world of a trumplette

Quote:
I think most sane people would see the video, see that she hadn't even gotten half-way through the door, that the cop barely saw her before he shot her in the neck.

So no, she didn't actually make it through the barricade, her feet never touched the ground, and she wasn't threatening anyone.

He could have walked out a few feet, ordered her to stop instead of just shooting. But he was so terrified that he was sitting behind a wall, and only popped out to shoot her when he saw a head pop through a door frame.

There is no way I would have done the same thing. And there were cops everywhere, cops behind him, cops in front of him. It wasn't like it was him against the world.

The cop was just being a trigger-happy coward. That is what he was. Not some hero, not a brave officer of the law. A trigger-happy coward.

Secret service use lethal force as a last resort. Only when there is a reasonable expectation that the person intends to do serious harm, and only if there are no less-lethal alternatives. That is protocol.

Now, did this police officer believe this women intended to do serious harm? Were there no less-lethal alternatives?

If the rioters had been making threats, brandishing weapons(brandishing doesn't mean carrying, it means displaying in a threatening manner), or had shot at the officer, that would give him a reasonable expectation that they intend to do serious harm.

And were there less-lethal alternatives? Absolutely.
Man, sit down. Your posts are beyond nonsensical.
Quote:
Did you guys watch the video I linked?

"Everyone backed off but her"? Rofl, in the videos I watched, there were people ramming the barricade over and over again, someone says "bust it down" right before she is shot, and it appears that a couple of the men even helped her up as she climbed into the doorway.

There were three police officers that had been standing in that doorway literally 5 seconds before she is shot, who had just walked towards the stairwell with several other officers with assault rifles.

Don't take my word on it, watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYz...ctr=1610119422
Yep, they all should’ve been shot. She got lucky because she was first they the window. And boy was she itching to go, fired up & ready to get shot. Good for her.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:00 AM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He told them to march on the capital, Giuliani and his son had already warmed up the audience. They were marching on the capitol because Trump told them the election was stolen. Death threats on elected officials in many state because of the GOP conspiracy theories you could see this coming a mile away, what exactly was the point of this rally.
Trump did not tell us the election was stolen, we have massive amounts of evidence that it was. People saw it with their own eyes.

If you think that you can prove that it was not stolen, then I will personally pay for your airplane ticket so that you can go to DC, and you can present the evidence that you, personally, have compiled, (not what the media told you happened, what you found on your own), that everything was on the up and up, no one did anything wrong, anywhere, in addition to a rebuttal for each and every single affidavit that is out there, over 1,000 of them, some of which have never been presented to the public - and you will also be sworn under oath with your great revelation - all proven, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Let me know when your bags are packed.

In the meantime:

"Marching" aka protesting, is not "breaking into the Capitol building".

You know good and well Trump did not say anything of the sort, so you have come up with the most pathetic and lame assed excuse I've seen on this forum all week.

Because Trump talked to them during the protest, because Guiliani talked to them at the protest, in your pathetic nonsense excuse, you've tried to equate that to "violence".

Shut up.

You know, as well as I do, that you have nothing, because Trump never said it, never provoked it, and never condoned it.

Put your dumb TDS down. Shouldn't you all be celebrating? Why are you all still losing your ish over Trump. You stole the election, Biden is going in, and you guys can't quit b**ching about Trump. STILL!

Old 01-08-2021, 11:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Trump did not tell us the election was stolen, we have massive amounts of evidence that it was. People saw it with their own eyes.

If you think that you can prove that it was not stolen, then I will personally pay for your airplane ticket so that you can go to DC, and you can present the evidence that you, personally, have compiled, (not what the media told you happened, what you found on your own), that everything was on the up and up, no one did anything wrong, anywhere, in addition to a rebuttal for each and every single affidavit that is out there, over 1,000 of them, some of which have never been presented to the public - and you will also be sworn under oath with your great revelation - all proven, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Let me know when your bags are packed.

In the meantime:

"Marching" aka protesting, is not "breaking into the Capitol building".

You know good and well Trump did not say anything of the sort, so you have come up with the most pathetic and lame assed excuse I've seen on this forum all week.

Because Trump talked to them during the protest, because Guiliani talked to them at the protest, in your pathetic nonsense excuse, you've tried to equate that to "violence".

Shut up.

You know, as well as I do, that you have nothing, because Trump never said it, never provoked it, and never condoned it.

Put your dumb TDS down. Shouldn't you all be celebrating? Why are you all still losing your ish over Trump. You stole the election, Biden is going in, and you guys can't quit b**ching about Trump. STILL!
Oh we are celebrating. Presidency, House, Senate. You guys are the best at losing, simply the best.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:04 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,181,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
She’s ex military. She knew. She thought nobody would pull a trigger on her.
She was chairforce. That isn't really military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.