Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 11:33 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
She was chairforce. That isn't really military.
Doesn’t matter. She would’ve had basic knowledge of firearms and she would’ve know that men trained to point them at you are also trained to shoot you with them.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:34 AM

629 posts, read 962,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So..... shooting a drugged up, unarmed black man who's physically resisting arrest is murder........

But shooting an unarmed white woman who's still yards away from the police for breaching a barrier isn't?
It's regular people that are accusing it of being murder in your black man scenario, much like you're accusing it of being murder in the white woman scenario.

However, to date, most of these cases once in a court of law, have been found the cops to be justified and not murder. I would fully expect this situation with this lady to play out the same way.

If it doesn't, then that just gives more credence to the 'white privilege' argument.

Does it make it right? Well that has usually depended on your political views, but it will be interesting to see if this situation causes people with different political views to actually agree since it happened to "one of them".

Old 01-08-2021, 11:41 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWm9jEa8sFA

Old 01-08-2021, 11:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Yep, total nut job. Oh well.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:52 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
I don't think she had any idea what was really going on. She was just there having fun, bouncing around, hooting and hollering with the crowd. It isn't even clear she saw the guy in the cubby with the gun.

I don't think this had anything to do with skin color. And I would have defended her regardless of what color she was. I defend everyone, even the people I don't like.

I believe everyone wants to see themselves as a good person, to be a good person, even if we're not, or even if we fail.

Although this thread is seriously making me reconsider that. Hopefully the psychopaths in this thread aren't representative of the average American. Because that would be truly depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvWllNrDhVo

Old 01-08-2021, 11:55 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Doesn’t matter. She would’ve had basic knowledge of firearms and she would’ve know that men trained to point them at you are also trained to shoot you with them.
What I mean is, being in the Air force it is unlikely that she was ever in any real danger. I doubt she has ever been shot at. She simply didn't seem to perceive the danger.

Watching the way she acted it amazes me that people want to portray her as an insurgent, or a thug, or whatever. The way I see her bouncing around and hollering, she reminds me of a naive teenager going to her first party.

She was standing right next to those three cops, I would bet she had even talked to them. They didn't seem to be trying to stop what was going on. And then they just walked off.

"I see no fault committed that I myself could not have committed at some time or other." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Old 01-08-2021, 11:56 AM

426 posts, read 223,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Trump did not tell us the election was stolen, we have massive amounts of evidence that it was. People saw it with their own eyes.
No it wasn’t, and no they didn’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Show View Post
If you think that you can prove that it was not stolen, then I will personally pay for your airplane ticket so that you can go to DC, and you can present the evidence that you, personally, have compiled, (not what the media told you happened, what you found on your own), that everything was on the up and up, no one did anything wrong, anywhere, in addition to a rebuttal for each and every single affidavit that is out there, over 1,000 of them, some of which have never been presented to the public - and you will also be sworn under oath with your great revelation - all proven, beyond a reasonable doubt.
Not how it works.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:00 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
What I mean is, being in the Air force it is unlikely that she was ever in any real danger. I doubt she has ever been shot at. She simply didn't seem to perceive the danger.

Watching the way she acted it amazes me that people want to portray her as an insurgent, or a thug, or whatever. The way I see her bouncing around and hollering, she reminds me of a naive teenager going to her first party.

She was standing right next to those three cops, I would bet she had even talked to them. They didn't seem to be trying to stop what was going on. And then they just walked off.

"I see no fault committed that I myself could not have committed at some time or other." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Your bolded is being facetious.

I’ve never felt the urge to force my way through a barricade with armed men on the other side pointing guns at it.

Common sense dictates that’d be a bad idea.

She was a criminal, partaking in a criminal act. So thug is much closer than innocent child you’re going for.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:00 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
If this woman was an unarmed black person running from police after taking aggressive action, the Trumpers would be all for shooting her. But since she was white and was moving towards the police aggressively with other people attempting to break through that appear to be holding weapons and wearing riot gear... nope - just let them through. They are white. They can do what they want.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:03 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:

An average person seeing the police and barricades after breaching a secured government building should have some common sense of what they are getting into. She was apparently Air force military police and should be more equipped, trained, aware than the average individual. She is also a sworn person to protect not attack her government. She absolutely knew what she was getting into.

If she indeed was bouncing around like a naive teenager, she is a moron. Being a moron isn't an excuse and has nothing to do with the actions taken against her.

How did someone put it earlier in this thread? Play stupid games.. win stupid prizes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies