Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 06:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Want to talk about the cop outside who was stomped on kicked and beaten to death with flagpoles and anything else those monsters could find to hit him with? I didn't think so
Just a red herring regarding the killing of the woman. By your logic every antifa and BLM rioter should been shot by association.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:02 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Of course the Patriots were attacking the legitimate and elected government of the time. The basis for the Capitol riots is ostensibly because the election was stolen and Trump should serve a second term although that is unsubstantiated, not to start a revolution
No, they were not. The elected colonial legislatures were on the side of the Americans. There was a Parliament in London, of course, but the Americans were not allowed to vote for it or hold a seat in it
This lack of representation was one of the major causes of the war.
And they continue to maintain that it was stolen despite losing over sixty court cases, every state certifying it's results. They simply won't concede defeat. This is untenable, it is not the American way.
If there was massive fraud, proving it in court, especially in front of conservative judge, should have been successful. If you can't do that, accept defeat.

I think it goes deeper than that. I think this reveals a dark side of of our society.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Who cares about the race of the officer? These people broke into the capitol building some carrying guns,& zip ties. If someone breaks a window or door trying to get into your house would you think they were "nonviolent"?
They weren't there for a picnic when they were shouting Hang Mike Pence.
LOL Democrats sure do when the officer who kills is white and they make sure the whole nation knows the race and identity.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Don't try to twist what I said, that's lame. This is what I was responding to:
I'm not twisting your words one bit. You are twisting mine. I quoted you and asked the question, did Ashli do any of the things you claimed some others did? She was shot to death by that officer for just sticking her head into a door window and that's a fact.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
I'm not twisting your words one bit. You are twisting mine. I quoted you and asked the question, did Ashli do any of the things you claimed some others did? She was shot to death by that officer for just sticking her head into a door window and that's a fact.
Ten pages since I checked in and you’re peddling the same she did nothing wrong false narrative. No one believes for a second she was innocent. She was in a riotous mob storming the capital. Her co rioters chanting hang pence. Has she been an innocent protester **** I’ve been out on the street the other peaceful protesters not inside with the rioters seditious mob

Old 01-10-2021, 06:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Let's try this one more time. You said "You have no way of knowing what she or those with her would've done " I never specifically attributed anything to her other than her attempted entrance into chamber.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Let's try this one more time. You said "You have no way of knowing what she or those with her would've done " I never specifically attributed anything to her other than her attempted entrance into chamber.
Well you did by bringing up what others allegedly did but whatever. All that really matters is that officer shot her to death for sticking her head in a door window.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:28 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Based upon what others were doing and the stated intentions of others, the Capitol Police established a security perimeter around House Members and Senators. Ashli deliberately violated that perimeter full well knowing that lethal force was threatened. We're not talking about a lost child somehow wandering onto a Congressman's office. There is a range of possible threat and that threat meter was high that day. That simple.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Based upon what others were doing and the stated intentions of others, the Capitol Police established a security permit around House Members and Senators. Ashli violated that perimeter. We're not talking about a lost child somehow wandering onto a Congressman's office. There is a range of possible threat and that meter was high that day. That simple.
She didn't exactly violate a "perimeter" being on the other side of the door with several officers when shot. It's not plausible she knew she'd be shot by that officer for sticking her head in the window or she wouldn't have. I see the shooting as excessive and unnecessary deadly force when she could've been easily pushed back or detained or at least an attempt to do so first. There's no point going over the exact same argument. I suppose you never see excessive force in any police shootings and are consistent, right?

Old 01-10-2021, 06:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
If you want a victim, why not this guy? He didn't know that people under investigation for their participation in the assault on the Capitol are on a no fly list
https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/stat...88601118273537
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies