Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Post #23 on this thread you wrote: "All these insults about Cult voters, MAGA sheep, MAGA morons, etc., etc., combined with the silencing and “canceling” of anyone who doesn’t submit to leftism, caused their frustration to boil over. I never would defend any violence, but I can understand what it feels like to be vilified and ignored for years by Democrats. This was not Trump’s fault....it was the fault of leftists treating us like sub-humans not even worthy of speech"

Yesterday happened because people were called sheep and morons and were treated like subhuman.

Are you saying that the MAGA riot yesterday was wrong or not?
All riots are wrong. And I also said I wasn’t defending the riots, but that I understand how people feel when they are treated like sub-humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 10:37 AM

24,457 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
There's plenty of blame to go around on both sides for the current political climate. It needs to change. Hopefully, it will - but I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

There is plenty of blame to go around and it will continue with the Biden Bunch.

Hillary called half the country Deplorable, Irredeemable and Harris and the others seem to agree with her. Where does that leave us? That our dearly elected despise half the country?

What really bugs me is how we witnessed so many riots this Summer where the Lefty media would tell us as they stood in front of burning buildings and trashed Police cars that it was a mostly peaceful protest but when it comes to Trump supporters suddenly they are all guilty of sedition and plots to disrupt and over throw our democracy.

The Democrat leaders actually encouraged the mobs to protest and they never denounced the resulting violence.

I'm also keeping my expectations low because the lies will continue as the narrative is formed. The media is biased so there will be no investigations into the election fraud, Hunter Biden etc.. They will tell us how wonderful Biden is and how amazing we all are while our country crumbles.

What happened yesterday was actually rather tame compared to most of the riots we have seen but the problem is that it hit too close to home for our elected. One has to wonder if the nation wide calls to defund the Police will be stomped on when it comes to the Capitol Police Department?

Old 01-07-2021, 11:13 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
I voted for Trump twice.Policy wise he was pretty good...PR wise he was always a disaster.The left and the media did unfairly twist and attack him 24/7/365 but he gave them plenty of ammo.Its good to fight back but you need to do it in an effective way.....Reagan was good at that,Trump was terrible.

Everyone knew the election could go either way and questionable things happen somewere in every election.While I thought it was likely a waste of time I didn't have a problem with Trump holding out awhile like Gore did but there comes a time when you just need to accept reality and move on.

If he'd played it smart he could have run again in four years.After the last couple weeks and yesterdays debacle he's sealed his fate.Like the Kenny Rogers song,"you gotta know when to hold them...know when when to fold them....know when to walk away",and he held onto his cards too long and overplayed his hand long after it was clear that there was no path to victory.Smart people take steps to be able to fight another day.

There is no excuse for what happened yesterday.Trump addressed the crowd....he could have conceded,thanked everyone for their support and announced he would run again in four years.Instead he was defiant and encouraged the crowd to march on congress and things went too far.

The inexcusable non stop leftist riots over the past four years don't give us an excuse to have one of our own,nor is it relevent that 'the damage could have been much worse'

Old 01-07-2021, 11:17 AM

5,316 posts, read 3,203,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is plenty of blame to go around and it will continue with the Biden Bunch.

Hillary called half the country Deplorable, Irredeemable and Harris and the others seem to agree with her. Where does that leave us? That our dearly elected despise half the country?
LMAO no. I can't stand Hillary but she did not call "half the country" Deplorables. Who is telling you this bad information?

She said half of the Trump supporters are deplorables.

And they showed their true colors yesterday.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:33 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
If you took that as racist, that's on you.

I simply said that the underlying tone of the BLM movement is that they are treated as sub human, which is exactly how you described the underlying tone of yesterday's riots.

So which is it - is it OK to riot if you feel like you're subhuman or not?

I don't support BLM or ANTIFA riots, nor do I support the riots yesterday.

The reason MAGA are sheep is that they cannot think for themselves or have an original thought. Either you're against riots or you're not. Either you back the blue or you don't. Either you are a patriot or you're not.

It just seems like whatever dear leader says is what goes with that crowd and it's very sad.
Everything is not simply "Black and White" That should be apparent from what has happened this year........

Old 01-07-2021, 11:38 AM

889 posts, read 272,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump, his terrorist supporters that stormed the capitol, and anyone defending them are all traitors to America. Their treason is reprehensible.
its funny because the "news" was happily reading the definition of "terrorist" to describe the breachers.

just like you did here. the funny part is that the definition fits what happened all summer. but i didnt hear anyone calling those people terrorists.

its ridiculous

Old 01-07-2021, 11:41 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yesterday we saw hundreds of thousands of concerned citizens that traveled to DC to show their frustration over being silenced. We also saw a few hundred of those people push their way into the Capitol Building to continue their protest.

There are many that are blaming Trump for this with some calling for the 25th amendment to be invoked. Don't worry folks Trump is clearing out in a few weeks but still Trump is not to blame.

The blame should be placed at the feet of the Democrats who have normalized violent protests both for social justice and political reasons.

Since the Nov.3rd election there have been many questions raised and conspiracy theories floated about how the election was a sham, how it was stolen. The People that flocked to DC yesterday were looking for answers that have been denied to them by our elected elite from both sides of the aisle and a media that refuses to investigate. The People don't like to be told to sit down, shut up, you lost get over it so we can unite while these questions still linger.

Both parties and their media just seem content to move forward despite the evidence that points to illegal shenanigans at many vote counting centers. Of course you might say where is the evidence or it has already been debunked but we still need answers. Of course some of the evidence can be tossed out since it is hearsay but there are so many glaring examples that were never talked about such as why at one counting center the poll watchers were forced back to the point they needed binoculars? There was another case were they were placed into a room and the windows had paper taped over them so they cold not see. In others the counting was stopped only to resume when the watchers went home and more votes were "found". Counting machines that were hooked to the internet. Counting machines that were skewed in favor for the Democrats. Signatures that did not match, broken pipes? It goes on and on and if the tables were turned there is no doubt that the Left would be marching, rioting, looting and burning as they demanded answers.

They tell us that this has all been investigated but it just seems that the judges including the Supreme Court do not want to touch this due to its divisive and inflammatory reaction that it threatens. It is far easier and less violent to simply broom it under the rug and let Trump pass into History. It is odd how there was more investigation by the authorities and more coverage by the media concerning a rope found in a NASCAR garage than a potentially illegal election?

The People are not happy and who can really blame them?

It would certainly be very interesting to find out who was arrested inside the Capitol Building yesterday. Will we see that it is mostly just average citizens that have never been arrested before or will they be paid agitators, "professional protesters" possibly antifa members that have been arrested before at rallies across the country? I doubt we will ever find out because it is not part of the narrative.

Did we just see our own French Revolution minus the Guillotines?

Is this the end or just the beginning of a new type of resistance?
Trump is 100% to blame, and many Republicans are cutting ties with him. Trump have blood on his hands and these people would be alive today had Trump not held this rally. They died on false information that the election was stolen, it wasn't. Trump have torn the Republican party to pieces, and no longer have a future in politics, and as I type this Elaine Chao resigns, about the 8th person
thus far.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:43 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Comparing what happened yesterday to the French Revolution is basically insulting the French!
Having a bunch of snowflake crybabies storm the US Capitol because they didn't like the Election results isn't comparable.
They are traitors and so is Trump for inciting them.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:45 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Anyone who normalizes and excuses what happened yesterday is UN-American. I repeat. Anyone who normalizes and excuses what happened yesterday is UN_American.

Say it a couple more times until that orange kool aid wears off.

Stoking the lunatic fringe to incite a coup that killed 4 people is beyond the pale and proof yet again that there is no low, and zero moral compass.

The bottom line is that Biden IS our legitimately elected president. You don't have to like it but damn well better respect it.

Lives were lost yesterday and that blood is on Trump and his lunatic followers. They need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and if found guilty? Hang them at dawn.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:46 AM

5,316 posts, read 3,203,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Everything is not simply "Black and White" That should be apparent from what has happened this year........
For people with principles, yes it is. A riot is a riot is a riot. There are no "shades".

Just because POTUS encouraged it, doesn't make it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies