Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 01:00 PM

73 posts, read 80,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They definitely won’t find or arrest them. They got away with it.

I don’t have any reason to believe that BLM protesters would have been treated any different then Trump protestors. Recent history tells me that the same thing would have happened to them as the Trump protestors. I think i’s silly to suggest that they would have been treated worse. That has not been the case at all. It’s pure fantasy.

I’m not sympathetic to any of those who engaged in violence, destruction, vandalism on either side. I do support peaceful protests always.

The speculation by our future president that BLM would have been treated different only serves to further divide us.
You see this is where I disagree with you. This is not a fantasy. BLM went to DC they were treated with tear gas and they were not even trying to enter the Capitol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 01:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlethazeltine View Post
You see this is where I disagree with you. This is not a fantasy. BLM went to DC they were treated with tear gas and they were not even trying to enter the Capitol.
If the CapItol rioters had announced they would be there in advance do you think the place wouldn’t have been more heavily guarded?

Old 01-08-2021, 02:04 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
It's not too late. Trump should do what Obama did after BLM "protesters" burned neighborhoods, looted businesses, blockaded highways and dragged people from their cars and assaulted them. Bring them to the Oval Office for a meeting to talk about their concerns and feelings. Wouldn't that be so nice????

Old 01-08-2021, 02:40 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlethazeltine View Post
...and?

Old 01-08-2021, 03:35 PM

73 posts, read 80,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
...and?
I gave a complete answer to the person who I quoted statement. Not sure what you are looking for with and?.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:43 PM

What did the thugs expect...pelosi serving them her ice cream?

Old 01-08-2021, 04:54 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
We saw they were treated differently. They were tear gassed for demonstrating peacefully in a place where it's common to protest, so the president could get his picture taken in front of a Church holding a Bible upside down before he ran back to his bunker. Which no one ever attempted to breach. For heaven's sake it's black and white. Literally and figuratively.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:55 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
We saw they were treated differently. They were tear gassed for demonstrating peacefully in a place where it's common to protest, so the president could get his picture taken in front of a Church holding a Bible upside down before he ran back to his bunker. Which no one ever attempted to breach. For heaven's sake it's black and white. Literally and figuratively.
You don’t think if the Capitol rioters had announced they were coming in advance, Police and the Guard wouldn’t have been ready for them?

Old 01-08-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
...and?

Milk and cookies for the thugs? Nothing peaceful about their disgusting behavior as the world witnessed.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:30 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/AamerISma...57480070516739

Joe Biden is going to unite us? He is already denying the massive BLM riots and violence that took place

I watched the carnage by BLM in cities all of the United States while the media downplayed it. People eating dinner where attacked and terrorized by BLM. Biden's comment is racist and certainly not unifying.

Last edited by Enough_Already; 01-08-2021 at 06:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies