Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 06:22 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not all the facts --- lol.

But I'm tired of hearing because I criticize the mob storming the Capitol, I must support people burning cities.

And so many politicians, conservatives saying 'we are better than this' -- no they aren't -- they are as bad as this.

It's all wrong.
I think we are all aware that people support some things and abhor other things and that it’s never a good idea to assume how one feels about any particular thing. I think that’s something most people realize.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:31 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Ooooo, look at all the fart jokes by the Trump supporters. What are you guys, like 12?
Fart jokes, silly costumes, can't figure out if you want to claim this mess as some sort of victory, or if you want to blame a bizarre antifa conspiracy. Talking about how dems are stupid, yet apparently unable to outwit them. Not surprised.
What's happened to you edgy young hipster progressives who delighted in BLM riots and howled to defund the police? What are you guys like 72 now? Suddenly you've turned into clucking old school marms wagging fingers about the sanctity of our governmental institutions and civil disobedience.

And yes the dems are stupid. The predictable crackdowns, cancellation witch hunts and gleeful full-bore Orwellian info suppression by FB, twitter, Instagram and others is under way. Idiot dems. Doing a little touchdown dance instead of reaching out to a pissed off half of America to try to understand their grievances and anger in order to bring us together like all good winners should do. Nah ... dumbasses. What they're doing is painting a revolution by the numbers.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
In my opinion, it was a very minor form of civil disobedience, nothing more nothing less.

People that are calling it a 'coup or revolution' have been watching too much tv!

In REAL Coup/revolution, the group initiating it, will very quickly have the former leaders arrested, or exiled, they also will address the public very quickly, to inform them there has been a regime change and THEY are now in control of the nation...I didnt see any of this the other day, not even attempts.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:11 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
I heard he just went in there looking for a restroom. I don't see there problem with that.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I heard he just went in there looking for a restroom. I don't see there problem with that.
Oh. And it was during his search for a restroom that he rifled through her desk and stole a letter. Because you know, maybe the toilet is in this drawer.

the stuff some people will force themselves to believe

Old 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Oh. And it was during his search for a restroom that he rifled through her desk and stole a letter. Because you know, maybe the toilet is in this drawer.

the stuff some people will force themselves to believe
Hang on there honey - innocent until proven guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
In my opinion, it was a very minor form of civil disobedience, nothing more nothing less.

People that are calling it a 'coup or revolution' have been watching too much tv!

In REAL Coup/revolution, the group initiating it, will very quickly have the former leaders arrested, or exiled, they also will address the public very quickly, to inform them there has been a regime change and THEY are now in control of the nation...I didnt see any of this the other day, not even attempts.
^^ This. They are watching too much LEFT wing TV.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:

That's a statement about how the court system has to behave. It has nothing to do with what individual people say and think.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:34 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Actually pretty sure he's going to be a federal prisoner, for a very long time.

Unless Trump pardons him pdq!
Trump will be out of office in a few weeks.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:04 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Trump will be out of office in a few weeks.
12 days....but a lot can happen in 12 days.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:

He gave an interview that detailed every step in his own words. He has already given a full confession on video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies