Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 05:57 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Asks the poster from Canada
At least I don't pretend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Right. And they only built one gallows. And they only had one noose. And they only called to hang one guy, it's not like they were yelling to hang a bunch of them. They only vandalized a few rooms, broke some windows, carried a few Confederate flags, terrorized a few people and only a few died.

Capitol mob built gallows and chanted ‘Hang Mike Pence'
https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/n...ng-mike-pence/

And we can ignore the pepper spray and molatov cocktails. I just think someone got confused when asked to bring snacks and drinks. It could happen to anyone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
They're just a friendly bunch of Trump supporters, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fag0...=AaronCopeland

Old 01-09-2021, 06:00 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But Trump loves Russia Russia Russia, he can never find fault or criticize his dear friend Putin. Maybe he wants us to be like them.
Biden loves China China China. Maybe he wants us to be beneath them.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:33 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Biden loves China China China. Maybe he wants us to be beneath them.
I don't know anything about that, but the world knows all about Trump love for Russia and all things Putin.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:43 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Because, Democrats are brilliant politicians.........they RUN with an opportunity
when it strikes.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yes..its not the right thing to do, but why are the dems and media blowing it way out of proportion?

Here is what im hearing:

Domestic terrorism
coo
sedition
treason
"rioters sacking the capital"
"our generations Pearl Harbor"
violent coup
attemps to overthrow the United States

Why are they overhyping such a mild thing?
We usually agree or can find common ground, but on this????

What they did, In my opinion, is equivalent to tearing down my flag and taking a huge dump on it. They desecrated one of our most revered buildings, in protest of one of our greatest traditions, and for what? For a film flam man selling snake oil. For Trump.

Why? Because Donald Trump's ego just can't accept that he lost. He lost for the same reason that Hillary did. He sucked that bad. He had a chance to be better, but once again his ego got in the way. He had to argue with everyone about everything.

He lost so he cried it was stolen. Really? Well Mr. President where is your mountain of evidence? Where is your proof to back your claims? Most powerful person on the planet and we only have your say so.

For that you incited a desecration of our Capitol. If nothing else it was:

It was domestic terrorism against our elected reps.
It was sedition.
It was willful destruction of our nation's reputation. As Russia said, The United States has hit Rock bottom.

That is why those of us who love our country are outraged by these scumbags claiming to be patriots.

Trump has succeed in making himself the most reviled President in modern history. His young son will have carry that burden. Way to go. If Melania were smart she would file for divorce.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:03 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
We usually agree or can find common ground, but on this????

What they did, In my opinion, is equivalent to tearing down my flag and taking a huge dump on it. They desecrated one of our most revered buildings, in protest of one of our greatest traditions, and for what? For a film flam man selling snake oil. For Trump.

Why? Because Donald Trump's ego just can't accept that he lost. He lost for the same reason that Hillary did. He sucked that bad. He had a chance to be better, but once again his ego got in the way. He had to argue with everyone about everything.

He lost so he cried it was stolen. Really? Well Mr. President where is your mountain of evidence? Where is your proof to back your claims? Most powerful person on the planet and we only have your say so.

For that you incited a desecration of our Capitol. If nothing else it was:

It was domestic terrorism against our elected reps.
It was sedition.
It was willful destruction of our nation's reputation. As Russia said, The United States has hit Rock bottom.

That is why those of us who love our country are outraged by these scumbags claiming to be patriots.

Trump has succeed in making himself the most reviled President in modern history. His young son will have carry that burden. Way to go. If Melania were smart she would file for divorce.
Great post, you are spot on.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
This is the first time there has been an attack on and breach of the capitol since 1814. Yes, it was a direct attack on the United States. It WAS domestic terrorism.
No, it's the first time that the Capital has been breached since 2018 when a bunch of Lefty nutjobs took over the Senate building during the Kavanaugh hearings.

Why do you and others keep insisting that nothing similar has happened recently?? It has!!

Old 01-09-2021, 09:18 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sorry...Harbor Freight stores closed due to covid.

Yeah..i always carry wire cutters with me when i visit the capitol...

Cutting them off would violate social distancing guidelines...

what else you got?
Although you do a very convincing job, I suggest you stop playing dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies