Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 09:50 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Why the heck do some people not understand what this was? Is it a sign of low IQ or something? It was an attack on America. Bombs were found, guns were in peoples hands, people had zip tie cuffs ready to go...and those were the "peaceful protestors"

What is it about certain people that they do not understand what "security" is and when it is over run it's a big deal?
5 people died at the US Capitol surge, including an unarmed female protestor. The capitol police were warned of an attack by the FBI 1 day earlier. Security planning was terrible at the capitol. Why?
All of DC's police leaders should resign or be fired.

25 people died during the summer protests, mostly minorities over the death of one person, the murder of Floyd. I think the number is much much higher. Along with many more violent acts by emboldened against innocent people. $Billions of dollars in losses and 1000's of business destroyed, not to mention the spreading of a virus.

The big problem I have even if Trump didn't "legally" incite it per some lawyers was when it was happening Trump never tweeted or made a quick video telling them to get out of the capitol. He was just silent and passive during the invasion creating fear for congress. Yeah, we don't need that kind of leader things he's said in the past. He did himself in.

News just came out that there were 4 groups in the crowd that were loaded w/weapons and explosives to do bad things no matter what was said.

Last edited by frankrj; 01-13-2021 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 09:51 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
"But but they weren't armed, they were just there to talk!"

https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/sta...093312515?s=19

This nutcase went there to murder Pelosi. He says so himself. And brought the guns.
Maybe we should ask what Pelosi did that upset this guy so much...i realize its a very long list...

Old 01-13-2021, 02:13 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Maybe we should ask what Pelosi did that upset this guy so much...i realize its a very long list...
Who cares what this nutcase thinks Pelosi did to him? Attempted murder & murder are still a crime in this country.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:01 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Who cares what this nutcase thinks Pelosi did to him? Attempted murder & murder are still a crime in this country.
um..maybe we can discover a motive? you know to prevent further problems...jeeze

Old 01-14-2021, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 628 times
Well it's very obvious what mindset anyone has to have to prefer to just shrug and overlook those wild Animals who stormed in

Old 01-14-2021, 01:46 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Yes..its not the right thing to do, but why are the dems and media blowing it way out of proportion?

Here is what im hearing:

Domestic terrorism
coo
sedition
treason
"rioters sacking the capital"
"our generations Pearl Harbor"
violent coup
attemps to overthrow the United States

Why are they overhyping such a mild thing?

I'm not a Dem. I voted for Trump. Attempting to interrupt/stop a legitimate part of the election process via violence is not a precedent we should be comfortable with.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:58 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Anarchy speaks. Or just trumpettes that will never admit wrong like a 4 yr old ?

Old 01-14-2021, 01:59 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times
Quote:
Yes..its not the right thing to do, but why are the dems and media blowing it way out of proportion?

Here is what im hearing:

Domestic terrorism
coo
sedition
treason
"rioters sacking the capital"
"our generations Pearl Harbor"
violent coup
attemps to overthrow the United States

Why are they overhyping such a mild thing?

Esp. when the Left already did it in 2018. And the media lapped it up as "bold" and "brave" and "incredible".

That said, I want to be clear that I do condemn them moving into the Capitol. We on the Right must be consistent.

However, don't hold your breath waiting to hear the Left condemn the BLM and Antifa riots for four straight months where they burned down small businesses, and a Police Station in Minneapolis, and fire bombed a federal courthouse in Portland.

I mean, there is video all over social media of many of the Trump supporters cleaning up the Capitol after the riot. It does not excuse anything, but good luck finding BLM and Antifa doing that!

See, the media runs interference for them on these things so lefties don't have to realize that they're being used to spout Democrat talking points about "systemic racism" and "privilege".

It really is sad that there are so many people in this country who smugly believe they are "in the know" when they exclusively get their news from the NY Times, CNN etc.

In reality, they are victims of propaganda - they just don't see it.

Old 01-14-2021, 04:52 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
5 people died at the US Capitol surge, including an unarmed female protestor. The capitol police were warned of an attack by the FBI 1 day earlier. Security planning was terrible at the capitol. Why?
All of DC's police leaders should resign or be fired.

25 people died during the summer protests, mostly minorities over the death of one person, the murder of Floyd. I think the number is much much higher. Along with many more violent acts by emboldened against innocent people. $Billions of dollars in losses and 1000's of business destroyed, not to mention the spreading of a virus.

The big problem I have even if Trump didn't "legally" incite it per some lawyers was when it was happening Trump never tweeted or made a quick video telling them to get out of the capitol. He was just silent and passive during the invasion creating fear for congress. Yeah, we don't need that kind of leader things he's said in the past. He did himself in.

News just came out that there were 4 groups in the crowd that were loaded w/weapons and explosives to do bad things no matter what was said.
He was speaking to a crowd while other people who were not listening to him were breaking into the Capitol.

Later when he found out what was happening he tweeted for them to go home and the vast majority did.

You are using "alternative facts."

Old 01-14-2021, 04:54 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
And I'm sure everyone in the Capitol was sitting there reading Trump's twitter while they were there.

Don't any of you people ever think about how ridiculous what you say is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies