Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is his speech from his latest tweet genuine or just scripted & meaningless?
this is his real opinion, he does not like the intruders 9 9.18%
he was forced to say this to appease people, it's not his true opinion 89 90.82%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 07:28 PM

1,514 posts, read 890,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Hell no he’s not. Dude’s put himself above all else for the last four years, this is just him saving face because he’s realizing he’s completely screwed if he keeps it up. Hopefully it’s too little, too late.
lol
Trump is totally saving face. Dude knows Cell Block 3 is calling. Immediately deployed the national guard? Trump use the words "together" and "love"? In the same speech no less? Honesty a thought that crossed my mind was, is this a deepfake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 07:43 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
One thing I was just thinking of was, maybe they gave him some anti-psychotic happy pills.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:47 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
His base is certainly bigger than a few rioters. We are talking 75 million.

The only way to defeat Trump will be him dying or the media running another 4 year campaign against him.

There was really no way for him to lose.
Describe "base". Does that include those who held their noses and voted for him only as a speed bump to slow the radical left's agenda?

Old 01-07-2021, 07:52 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
I don't think he said it at all. The cadence, the fluidity, nothing off-script? Not him at all. I think more like this:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/12/1...o-speech-obama

Old 01-07-2021, 07:52 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
I can tell some of you have never really listened to Trump speak and have relied solely on soundbites from MSNBC, CNN, or Comedy Central. He's always condemned violence and rioters. Why would he say anything different than he's said all along, whether it's from the left or the right?

I think some of you have believed too many spoon-fed lies, such as the "good people on both sides" hoax that was fed to you. He sounds exactly like he's sounded before when he condemned violence and it sounds like one of his normal speeches, not a soundbite from Trevor Noah or Don Lemon.

He said people could come to the Capitol to protest, it's their right, he never said anything about violence. Many other lawmakers have encouraged people to assemble, then violence broke out, and they still encouraged people to assemble, all summer long this took place. When violence continued to break out they gave excuses. He's at least condemning it, unlike many others who failed to do so from June until now.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:56 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Hilarious. Seems that some liberals spend half their time screaming in outrage over every Trumpism the President comes out with, and the other half complaining that some speeches "don't sound Trump-esque".

You people need to get your stories straight.
They don't actually listen to a regular Trump speech or any soundbite that is not taken out of context, edited, and then plastered all over Comedy Central and MSNBC. They believe Trump has said certain things and even when those things have been proven to be flat out lies, they just keep saying he said them. They don't actually know what he sounds like.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:58 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I can tell some of you have never really listened to Trump speak and have relied solely on soundbites from MSNBC, CNN, or Comedy Central. He's always condemned violence and rioters. Why would he say anything different than he's said all along, whether it's from the left or the right?

I think some of you have believed too many spoon-fed lies, such as the "good people on both sides" hoax that was fed to you. He sounds exactly like he's sounded before when he condemned violence and it sounds like one of his normal speeches, not a soundbite from Trevor Noah or Don Lemon.

He said people could come to the Capitol to protest, it's their right, he never said anything about violence. Many other lawmakers have encouraged people to assemble, then violence broke out, and they still encouraged people to assemble, all summer long this took place. When violence continued to break out they gave excuses. He's at least condemning it, unlike many others who failed to do so from June until now.
No, he just said: walk down to the Capitol” & "you will never take back our country with weakness”

Old 01-07-2021, 08:00 PM

612 posts, read 240,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Mmmm... he carefully avoided saying those words though. Nothing about Biden, certainly didn’t say “I lost” or “I concede”.

There’s just enough ambiguity for the deluded faithful to think he’s speaking in code. I’m sure there will be a Q video explaining the “real” meaning shortly.
I went onto Facebook and checked out his son and daughters page where the video was posted. People commented saying he will still be president for the next 4 years, but with a new VP. These people are insane.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:00 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He got 71 million votes. They aren't all the base.

Folks vote Republican because they are tribal. The base is a big part of that 71 million but it isn't all of them.

Biden didn't get record setting votes because it was Biden...it was anti-Trump, pro-Democrat and some Biden fans.
And he lost MILLIONS of supporters yesterday. Every supporter I personally know has turned on him, they were not impressed and are done with the guy. Even the biggest trumper at work came in today and sat down and talked for an hour about how disappointed he is and how he can't believe anyone could still support a man that would do that and this guy has a LOT to lose with the D's in charge.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:01 PM

18,735 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvrilLavigne View Post
Trump's latest statement sounds like a script that every basic politician would read off. It doesn't sound Trump-esque, it lacks so many Trump-esque elements.
Hilarious. Seems that some liberals spend half their time screaming in outrage over every Trumpism the President comes out with, and the other half complaining that some speeches "don't sound Trump-esque".

You people need to get your stories straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies