Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,231,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
OP, that's a very thoughtful thread and post. I do sincerely appreciate you effort.

That said, I have absolutely no desire to engage with any liberal for any reason. Nothing good will come from it.

It feels like an undeclared war, to me.
Same to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 08:02 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,144,940 times
OP, in a sane forum your meaningful words would go a long way. This forum has lots of anonymous folks just using it as a venting mechanism and others who are more angry and more extreme in their views than the average person in the real world.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 PM

612 posts, read 240,386 times
There will be no kindness, no unity, no calm. This country is screwed because of sycophants on both sides. They will never get along.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:09 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Take some time to stop for a minute and think and listen.

Millions of people on both sides sincerely but rightly or wrongly thought the election was being stolen by the opposite side.

Millions of people are full of stress from the pandemic and the lockdowns have taken away calming relationships and activities.

Millions of people are worried about if they can afford the Christmas they just paid for on credit cards, their rent, their food, etc.

Millions are scared of more unrest after a rough year with lots of unrest.

We need more compassion. We need more cool heads. We need more civil discussion, which includes listening. Be tolerant of differing political beliefs. We need more smiling.

I hope everyone who reads this goes out of their way to be kind to someone tomorrow. Pay it forward and buy someone's meal in the drive thru lane. Open the door for someone. Call up a long lost friend. Find things you don't use anymore and donate them to a charity. Tell your neighbor that had a different political yard sign that you appreciate them. Shovel the old neighbor's snow. Treat people fairly as you wish to be treated.

Making a better America starts with us all and we can all wake up tomorrow and do something. Make a plan to do something kind and do it.
We need to respect the Constitution and the rights of the individual.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:15 PM

8,215 posts, read 3,413,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Take some time to stop for a minute and think and listen.

Millions of people on both sides sincerely but rightly or wrongly thought the election was being stolen by the opposite side.

Millions of people are full of stress from the pandemic and the lockdowns have taken away calming relationships and activities.

Millions of people are worried about if they can afford the Christmas they just paid for on credit cards, their rent, their food, etc.

Millions are scared of more unrest after a rough year with lots of unrest.

We need more compassion. We need more cool heads. We need more civil discussion, which includes listening. Be tolerant of differing political beliefs. We need more smiling.

I hope everyone who reads this goes out of their way to be kind to someone tomorrow. Pay it forward and buy someone's meal in the drive thru lane. Open the door for someone. Call up a long lost friend. Find things you don't use anymore and donate them to a charity. Tell your neighbor that had a different political yard sign that you appreciate them. Shovel the old neighbor's snow. Treat people fairly as you wish to be treated.

Making a better America starts with us all and we can all wake up tomorrow and do something. Make a plan to do something kind and do it.
That won't happen as long as the news media keeps telling their viewers that half the country are evil morons. Families can't even get along if the members aren't all in the same political tribe.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:16 PM

8,215 posts, read 3,413,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
A lot of people lack basic empathy.

They can’t put themselves in someone else’s shoes for a minute and understand why someone may have a different view of life then them
People have empathy, as long as you agree with them.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:17 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,662,076 times
Great, now I have that Glenn Campbell song stuck in my head.

Thanks, Quake.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:20 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
We can all have a group hug after we put the terrorists behind bars. Unless coddling terrorists is your thing.
Still showing exactly the behavior the OP is decrying.

I could delve into the coddling of terrorists through most of last year that was engaged in by the left, or point out that the only person shot in the “terrorist” event yesterday was shot by a police officer - unlike the “peaceful protests” where more than twenty people were killed by the mobs. I could, but I won’t because this thread was created to encourage people to be nice to each other.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:22 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
We can all have a group hug after we put the terrorists behind bars. Unless coddling terrorists is your thing.
I agree. BLM and Antifa terrorists need to stay behind bars.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:36 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseld View Post
Everyone involved in this attack needs to be severely dealt with (And Trump also if he was in on it in some way)
Anyone who breaks the nonaggression principle in order to make their political statement should be severely dealt with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies