Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 07:40 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKkQ3BOo_E

President Trump concedes to Joe Biden, condemns rioters Jan 7, full text

I would like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the united states capitol like all Americans I am outraged by the violence lawlessness and mayhem.
I immediately deployed the national guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders.

America is and must always be a nation of law and order.
The demonstrators who infiltrated the capital have defiled the seat of American democracy to those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction you do not represent our country and to those who broke the law you will pay.
We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high but now tempers must be cooled and calm restored we must get on with the business of America.
My campaign vigorously pursued every legal avenue to contest the election results my only goal was to ensure the integrity of the vote in so doing I was fighting to defend American democracy. I continue to strongly believe that we must reform our election laws to verify the identity and eligibility of all voters and to ensure faith and confidence in all future elections now congress has certified the results.

A new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th my focus now turns to ensuring a smooth orderly and seamless transition of power.

This moment calls for healing and reconciliation 2020 has been a challenging time for our people a menacing pandemic has upended the lives of our citizens isolated millions in their homes damaged our economy and claim countless lives defeating this pandemic and rebuilding the greatest
economy on earth will require all of us working together it will require a renewed emphasis on
the civic values of patriotism faith charity community and family.

We must revitalize the sacred bonds of love and loyalty that bind us together as one national family to the citizens of our country serving as your president has been the honor of my lifetime and to all of
my wonderful supporters I know you are disappointed but I also want you to know
that our incredible journey is only just beginning thank you God bless you and God bless America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 07:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Too little too late. Lock him up.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:42 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
He's lying. That's what he does.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Horse is already out of the barn.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,383 times
12 seconds in - "I immediately deployed the national guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders." Really?

Anyway, that was the first time I've seen him talk in 5 years that I could actually listen all the way through. The sentence structure was proper English, he didn't call anyone a stupid made up insult name, didn't repeat himself and go around in circles . His eyes stayed glued on the teleprompter, and he said what he was told to say. It's a low bar, but I think he might have actually cleared it!

Old 01-07-2021, 07:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmountains View Post
Sure but the statement only contains 3 or 4 obvious lies, which is an improvement on the lie to truth ratio for Trump. More importantly, millions of people would only have accepted as reality the fact that he lost if he was the one that said it, and since he has now said it, that is a good thing as it should help to restore calm.
Yea, but he wasn't leaving until his goons left their mark.

Stand Back and Stand By.

His ignominy and shame will endure long after he takes his last breath.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:56 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,470,755 times
I don't trust him for 2 seconds. He knows he's in very big Doodoo with what happened at the Capital, so he has to say something.

I'll believe a "smooth transfer of power" when I actually see it happen; I'm not holding by breath.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
So yesterday he sends love to the rioters -- today he condemns them -- that's some sick leadership.

No wonder Eric, Donnie Jr and Ivanka are so odd --- can't imagine what kind of parenting they had.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:59 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So yesterday he sends love to the rioters -- today he condemns them -- that's some sick leadership.

No wonder Eric, Donnie Jr and Ivanka are so odd --- can't imagine what kind of parenting they had.
Way to dish out a big, fat juicy lie.

He didn't say anything for the liberal mob, they don't care what you say, they will still come for you as evidenced here.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:00 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Meh, he's just "fickle". Trump supporters love them some fickle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies