Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 09:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
He had no idea it would turn violent? Of course he didn't. Did he have a clue it might? Hell yeah! Did he whip this insurrection up? Hell yeah! Is he taking ANY responsibility? Hell no!
He urged them to come to DC on January 6th for weeks, promising it would be a wild time. He knew what he was doing.

The MAGAs are having a tough time dealing with the fact that Trump has been completely and universally condemned for his actions.

The spell is broken. People are no longer afraid of him. Geesh, bootlicker number one Lindsay Graham lambasted Trump from the Senate floor last night and said he was done with him. Every senator and congressperson with a shred of decency left withdrew their objections, recognizing at last that they had been duped into following a demagogue bent on destruction to get his way.

He went too far by inciting insurrection and now everyone has deserted him.

Except the MAGAs. He threw them under the bus earlier today, but they'll excuse that away and remain loyal until they die. There's no known cure at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 09:59 PM

18,076 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Some of the rioters are angry at Trump for doing exactly what he always does -- flip the script and throw supporters under the bus. His little teleprompter speech infuriated people who supported him, who came to the Capital and stormed the building. First he tells them they're "loved and special," then the next day he condemns what they did.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:08 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Some of the rioters are angry at Trump for doing exactly what he always does -- flip the script and throw supporters under the bus. His little teleprompter speech infuriated people who supported him, who came to the Capital and stormed the building. First he tells them they're "loved and special," then the next day he condemns what they did.

but those idiots still love him, for some sick reason.

they're always willing to forgive him.

fool me once, shame on you.
fool me twice, shame on me
they get fooled repeatedly by donald, and feel no shame at all for being tricked.

it's puzzling.

welp. that's just how low IQ people roll.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:11 PM

18,076 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Gullible, low IQ, easily manipulated, not educated, take your pick or take several.

Trump and his enablers (especially Bannon) played on people's fears. He used many techniques that have been used by other dictators and despots, especially the use of emotional manipulation ("I understand your hurt, believe me, I feel it too....") Classic Mussolini. Trump is too stupid to have come up with this himself, this is pretty much all Bannon, who's been itching to take down democracy for eons.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:14 PM

11,795 posts, read 8,008,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
but those idiots still love him, for some sick reason.

they're always willing to forgive him.

fool me once, shame on you.
fool me twice, shame on me
they get fooled repeatedly by donald, and feel no shame at all for being tricked.

it's puzzling.

welp. that's just how low IQ people roll.
It's all they have. They are bent on a dream of making America Great again yet cannot connotate a time that it was truly ever 'Great'. They have been fighting for it for years, they dreamed of it since birth, and Trump is playing their strings by posing himself as an imaginary key to that dream. Its quite ingenious truly how he uses and manipulates them. They are over generalizing, they see things that happen wrong and assume that EVERYTHING is illegitimate. They claim voter fraud but fail to provide sufficient evidence or information to back up the claim that is not just based on personal speculation. In their eyes, Trump HAS to be right because he presents himself as a divinity - a god send made to rebuild and 'save' the nation. They think what they are doing is right and for the better of the country, but they are brainwashed - and they truly have nothing else to fight for - they literally, BELONG to Trump.

I am not a Biden fan, but I will be glad when this circus show of a presidency term comes to an end...and I would be one of those people who voted for Biden to vote Trump OUT.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:20 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
He had no idea it would turn violent? Of course he didn't. Did he have a clue it might? Hell yeah! Did he whip this insurrection up? Hell yeah! Is he taking ANY responsibility? Hell no!
What insurrection?

Old 01-07-2021, 10:29 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I've been expecting something since last summer. But the right seems to be better behaved than the left.
Bout time they unleash the beast.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:31 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
You gotta be kidding me.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I disagree. Trump knows what sort of people would go there and how they would behave. I hold him entirely responsible, and I voted for the idiot.
The "sort of people would go there and how they would behave" ...based on WHAT past history?

Which Trump rallies have you seen turn violent?

It's been the opposite - the left unleashes their **** in the form of ANTIFA and BLM garbage on Trump supporters after a Trump rally while they're walking back to their hotels, out to eat, in their hotels.

Yeah, sure you voted for Trump.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:40 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,207,283 times
This place is a hoot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies