Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 07:13 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And as we spiral into the should lefties or righties lose jobs over certain things.....aren't you all kind of wondering -- how mindless can you be -- left or right -- to do something illegal and seemingly be proud of it, knowing that there are cameras and phones everywhere.

Like, this is 2021 not 1961...of course you were going to be filmed, get caught and suffer consequences (either storming the Capitol or setting a Wendys on fire.

What is wrong with people.

There are cameras everywhere these days. You will get caught. You might lose your job. Don't do it.
Especially in Washington, and the Capitol building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Those cops taking selfies with the protestors should be fired also. They took this Trump crowd very lightly at the beginning I think they thought the presidents MAGA people wouldn't trash the capital then everything changed.
Yep. Agreed 100%. Dereliction of duty caught on tape.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
When you wear your corporate ID badge as you riot, break through police lines, barge into Federal property unlawfully and brag about it live on social media ... well ... guess what .....

When you are in "uniform" you represent not only yourself but the organization you display and they should and do have a say so regarding your actions.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:15 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You mean the Capitol is funded by taxpayer funds? Correct. So is every other Federal building. Try walking into any of them on your own and get back to us on how well that works for you.

I agree that looting is despicable and I hate it. It is also a crime and should be treated as such. Because it wasn't in certain cases doesn't mean you excuse a coup attempt.
I didn't excuse anything. The violent mob of course should be punished just as BLM rioters should be. All of them should be locked up for violence. I simply believe citizens having access to their elected representatives should be a given in a democratic republic. Citizens don't need to have access to unelected government workers that are following orders of the elected.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:19 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
At this point, given how people are making excuses/marginalizing/trying to minimize an attempted coup it's not just a "small group". It's the people who actually committed acts of Domestic Terrorism and a much larger crowd who were either too weak or lazy to join them so have taken it upon themselves to act as their support staff, spending the last few days trying to rationalize/marginalize/minimize what the first group did.

All are deplorable and all should be held accountable.

What I've seen the last two days did change my mind on one thing. I used to be very much against employers looking through a perspective employees social media information before hiring them. Seeing so many people okay with the President and his son and his lawyer and a sitting member of the House incite an act of terrorism and then trying to excuse the act of terrorism.....I think it's a darned fine idea.
So, just making stuff up now. Speculating that the thousands of people that were peacefully standing in support were just to lazy to join the handful of asshats that stormed the Capitol. Truly laughable. It really is like trying to rationalize with a teenager.

Just look at all these lazy people, they took the time and had enough effort to make it this far.....but just couldn't do that last bit to complete the coup. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Protestors are Being Fired From Their Jobs-rally.jpg  

Old 01-08-2021, 07:23 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So, just making stuff up now. Speculating that the thousands of people that were peacefully standing in support were just to lazy to join the handful of asshats that stormed the Capitol. Truly laughable. It really is like trying to rationalize with a teenager.

Just look at all these lazy people, they took the time and had enough effort to make it this far.....but just couldn't do that last bit to complete the coup. LOL
I'm not talking about the people who were there and didn't cross the line. Those are peaceful protesters. I'm talking about the internet warriors who have spent the last two days trying to spin an act of domestic terrorism into a mostly peaceful protest. THAT'S criminal and shameful and something that should be scrutinized.

All because a divisive game show host got his feeling hurt that not everybody loved him and convinced a bunch of fools of something there is NO verifiable, actual proof of.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:24 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Key points:

1) Private business etc. can fire employees for engaging in felony etc. actions. Tough luck, play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

2) Yes, people from BLM etc. involved in violent protests\rioting did get fired from their jobs this summer as well. The guy that kicked the white guy in the head after he tried to stop them from beating the trans gal.....got fired from the airport he worked at.

3) White people stormed the capital and one got shot (unarmed) and many...many...many are arrested facing serious charges. Where EXACTLY is the white privilege there? Looks to me like the capitol police got caught off-guard considering the MAGA crowd hadn't really turned on police\security up until that point. Many police departments were caught flat footed this Summer like in Chicago where they rampaged the downtown area.

Now comes whining how I'm a Trumper or making excuses for BLM etc.....from weak minded partisans. sigh. Debate the points don't whine and then run and hide.

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFury View Post
Protestors at DC should absolutely not lose their jobs.

Rioters at DC should have a difficult time doing their jobs anyway, unless they're permitted to telecommute from prison.

It's not hard to tell the difference between who was who. If your dipchit face is on camera inside the Capitol, prepare to accept responsibility for your colossally stupid actions.
seems so simple!

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
I think that Trump's mobwere made up of mostly white supremacists, average age of 30, who live in their mom's basement, unemployment, whose only activity is playing computer games, and searching the web for extreme groups who blame their laziness on black, Hispanics, muslims, the LGBTQ group, etc.

However in Trump's mob were elected republicans who were caught on video and in photos acting with the mob.

IMO, the people who composed Trump's mob are guilty of treason. They should face a military court and be executed. We cannot allow fascists any ground. Keep in mind it was people like these traitors who moved Germany from a democracy to a dictatorship and they did it in four years.

Trump is not the republican party. Trump is the fascist party hiding behind a republican cloak. There are still many good Americans who are republicans. However, it is very difficult to determine who is a republican and who is a fascist. Therefore we most assume that the entire republican party is corrupted and controlled by fascists.

My friends and family will not hire Trump supporters. We won't even allow them to cut our lawns.
Trump's mob being fired for insurrection is getting off far too easy.

BTW, if the Trump's mob were a group of blacks who attacked our capitol there would be thousands of dead blacks and the D.C jails overflowing.

Secondly, imagine what they would have done to Pelosi or McConnell had they been able to get their hands on them.

Trump's mob threaten America and now must pay the price.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:25 AM

612 posts, read 240,540 times
I have no problem with that, but I wish it was across the board. Too bad rioters last year were praised rather than fired. Different rules for different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies