Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 10:40 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yep, scorched-earth is all they know, so unfortunately the opposition is adopting the same posture. It's like they think the rise of Donald Trump as a political phenomenon just came out of nowhere, in a complete vacuum.
These people were ignored by both parties since the 80s.

During the Obama administration life expectancy of the country went down for the first time in history other than war or pandemic.

And the worst results were for this group of people. They saw politicians rush to ship their jobs off to China. And give other jobs to illegals. And to use their taxes to pay for illegals. All while their salaries were declining in real terms if not in actual dollars. They were dying of drug ODs. Suicides. Their kids were sent off to fight foreign civil wars.

At some point this just explodes. President Trump gave them an outlet. Someone who didn't call them the 47% or Deplorables or low information or ignorant or racist.

A bunch of you on the left are just filled with hatred and bigotry. The media is filled with hatred and bigotry. The Democratic party leadership is filled with hatred and bigotry. Well if their situation isn't dealt with and they feel they are ignored it will be flung back at you and the country with a fury. And with real violence, like this summer. Maybe worse.

It just amazes me that the Democratic leadership are just too stupid to see they are playing with fire. They have generated violence against the right. Well that will boomerang. We just have a bunch of morons in DC. We send our worst and stupidest into politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 10:40 AM

12,871 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Impeachment no longer has any teeth. I do think Trump should have been impeached (and convicted) for Ukraine. And I do think Trump should be impeached (and convicted) for his role in Wednesday's riots. Hell, the 25th Amendment would be much quicker.
Sure it does. Impeachment has implications that last beyond 1/20. If successful, it could mean Trump is unable to hold office again (meaning he can't run again in '24). I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

The 25th is messier than many people think, it would be drawn out, and his cabinet members are resigning rather than facing the prospect of having to get involved in those proceedings.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:41 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If Trump continues to incite the MAGAs it will get much worse. And he is doing that right now. Do you approve of that? We saw how powerful his words are to his supporters.

If the GOP can't shut him up one way they can do it another. The Republican party is skating on thin ice these days. Do they want to go on record as voting not to remove a president who fomented insurrection?

It will be fascinating to see what happens to this once it hits the Senate.
Yep, another failed impeachment from House Democrats will really shut Donald Trump up.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:42 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Pelosi is running scared -- big time. I suspect that Trump has a lot of classified material on her gang of criminals that might be released. It's a race against time.
She isn't running scared, Trump is running scared as he should be.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Only a complete and utter jackass would bring impeachment charges now, after the riots are under control, and Trump called for peace and basically conceded.
Well Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House .....

Old 01-08-2021, 10:44 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Only a complete and utter jackass would bring impeachment charges now, after the riots are under control, and Trump called for peace and basically conceded.
"He's really sorry and he's promised never to do it again", as a lot of battered wives have regretted saying. There are boundaries that - once crossed - you cannot step back from.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post

I thought Pence might actually invoke the 25th Amendment. There is not much political loyalty left. The Cabinet IS discussing it but the general feeling is that it may energize radicals in Trump's base more and make a bad situation worse.
The Cabinet is busy resigning and cleaning out their offices.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:45 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
While I'm sure a conviction will never be reached by the Senate, I like the idea of Trump going down in the history books as the only President impeached twice. It just cements his miserable reputation.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:45 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Sure it does. Impeachment has implications that last beyond 1/20. If successful, it could mean Trump is unable to hold office again (meaning he can't run again in '24). I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

The 25th is messier than many people think, it would be drawn out, and his cabinet members are resigning rather than facing the prospect of having to get involved in those proceedings.
Yes, I posted that advisors are telling Pence not to pursue the 25th. The impeachment endgame is to send a message and to prevent him from running again. However, I feel Don Jr. may actually be the one running in 2024.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:46 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Profiles in courage, that crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies