Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 10:13 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times

Advertisements

I think it's a smart political calculus to impeach Trump a second time. Those Republican's that condoned Trump's lies about the election need to be on written record having done so, if only in the house.

Just because Trump is days away from leaving doesn't mean that he shouldn't be held accountable for what he's done. The only remedy for a sitting president is impeachment. This could be voted on in days in both the house and senate before Trump leaves office. Will McConnell pull another look the other way move?

I'll never forget Adam Schiff's closing argument on why Trump needs to be removed. He said that the damage that Trump could and would do in the future was reason enough. It turns out he was spot on about that argument.

There's another avenue for impeachment that if voted on in both houses to convict and remove Trump that makes him ineligible to run for office ever again. You know, kind of like him never being able to open up another grifter foundation again. Would that vote be taken in the Senate after McConnell is removed as leader?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 10:14 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,765,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
All the Dems will take their turns in front of the press to yell "Impeach".
Do they really mean it ?

Nah..I think it's nothing more than grandstanding and showing off to their "constituents".
If Pence would do the right thing and invoke the 25th, it wouldn't be necessary. What is the alternative? Let a madman remain in office?

However, the impeachment won't go anywhere as it requires bipartisan support and is a lengthy process.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:15 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Government wasting the peoples money and time. This is more absurd than the Clinton impeachment hearings or the first time the loony left tried to impeach Trump.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:15 AM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Pence’s disappearing act yesterday morning was shameful. I wonder if he’ll be heard from today.
Come out from under your bible, Mike, and answer your phone calls!
Why would he want to talk to whiny poor me poor me crybaby Schumer who has vowed to kill America?

Old 01-08-2021, 10:16 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
If Pence would do the right thing and invoke the 25th, it wouldn't be necessary. What is the alternative? Let a madman remain in office?

However, the impeachment won't go anywhere as it requires bipartisan support and is a lengthy process.
12 more days.....

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Putting on my serious hat for just one moment here.

This is an ideal time for Democrats to attempt some understanding of the feelings of half of America. It’s an ideal time for them to extend an olive branch and ask the nation to come together and HEAL. It’s time for a FRESH START.

But nooo! They’ll squander said opportunity to go for blood instead, further alienating Republicans and starting off a brand-new administration with fresh hard feelings.

It’s a huge mistake in my opinion, but I’m not surprised they are going this route.

bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Pelosi is running scared -- big time. I suspect that Trump has a lot of classified material on her gang of criminals that might be released. It's a race against time.
No. She's just flat out crazy.

If there is anybody who should be subject to the 25th, its her. And of course, Biden. But they will use it on him when they get tired of the useful idiot and install Harris as president. I'm guessing they will wait until after the mid-terms if they can keep him out of the public eye enough.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:18 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Only a complete and utter jackass would bring impeachment charges now, after the riots are under control, and Trump called for peace and basically conceded.
Well we already knew that about her.

Just like we knew Trump was rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:20 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Putting on my serious hat for just one moment here.

This is an ideal time for Democrats to attempt some understanding of the feelings of half of America. It’s an ideal time for them to extend an olive branch and ask the nation to come together and HEAL. It’s time for a FRESH START.

But nooo! They’ll squander said opportunity to go for blood instead, further alienating Republicans and starting off a brand-new administration with fresh hard feelings.

It’s a huge mistake in my opinion, but I’m not surprised they are going this route.
That would be all well and good if Trump himself hadn't reentered the fray today and gone right back to his rabble rousing. The head of the snake has to be cut off before any kind of fresh start can be had.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:21 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
From everything I have read Pence's hands are tied. He is reported to be the angriest anyone has ever seen him. Prior to the Capitol melee that put Pence's life in danger, Trump even used four letter words to berate the loyal (and very religious) Pence.

I thought Pence might actually invoke the 25th Amendment. There is not much political loyalty left. The Cabinet IS discussing it but the general feeling is that it may energize radicals in Trump's base more and make a bad situation worse.

(excerpt)The arguments against pursuing action, according to the sources, were manifold. First, the legal process itself was estimated to take more than a week, negating any immediate effect it would have. Inauguration Day was only two weeks away.

Second, it was unclear whether the three secretaries serving in “acting” roles without Senate confirmation would be able to cast a vote. Third, they had concerns that forcing Trump from office could further stoke tensions among his base and make him a hero of the far right, doing more bad in the long term than good in the short term.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/mnuc...-dc-riots.html

John Bolton who hates Trump is against invoking the 25th Amendment too.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ment-for-trump
So they would invoke the 25th amendment because they are mad at the guy.

That is why they would do it. Besides the fact that it would set the country on fire, it is a VERY dangerous precedent going forward. Its for someone like Biden who is mentally diminished, not for someone who is the same person he was when he did the Apprentice, loud, brash and impulsive, who says things you don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies