Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 04:01 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times

Advertisements

Trumpers, you can either decide to work with the left or destroy America. You ain't taking over the country. So what will it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 04:04 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Trumpers, you can either decide to work with the left or destroy America. You ain't taking over the country. So what will it be?
Yes because the left was so willing to work with Trump

Old 01-08-2021, 04:06 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It would be. To not have double standards should ABC ask democrats to "cleanse their movement" of their extremists - religious, rioters, and those that preach racism?
Yeah, to start with Obama, Maxine Waters and others who are friends of the Nation of Islam and other similar hate groups

Old 01-08-2021, 04:10 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
There's no siding with Leftist Castro. We know what Leftist have done with Cuba, China, Venezuela, and Russia

At least you guys admit when you are Leftist and Marxist these days. We rarely ever heard Democrats saying that they were Leftist during Bill Clinton's Administration

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-08-2021 at 04:49 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 04:49 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Those who stormed the Capitol Building would have been much better off if they had JUST stood outside the Capitol and held their protest signs. But that being said, IF it had not turned violent -- they were just as bad, imo, as anyone else who is violent -- I would have applauded them for even caring enough to show up in such numbers.

I was frankly shocked at how many people showed up because similar "calls to action" have been so sparsely attended as to be laughable. [Anyone remember "American Spring" in 2014? Supposedly a million people (or at least thousands) were supposed to show up to protest the Democrat/Liberal takeover, and less than 300 showed up (if that).https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...triots/371092/ Instead of a million people, only about 250 people showed up, with the great majority of them being overweight middle-aged (or older) white men. The common wisdom was that the typical right-winger (today's Trump supporter) was too fat, lazy and comfortable to put into action what their mouths were saying.]

So, quite honestly, my first reaction to the Capitol protest was happiness that so many people did show up to protest what they were convinced was a stolen election. (I am not and have never been a Trump supporter, but I voted for him this time in protest against Biden/Harris.) Although I personally do not know whether the election was stolen or not, I suspect it was, but I also suspect very strongly that if it was stolen, it will never be proven. I am also convinced that the the American people are powerless to change the fact that the VERY wealthy and powerful will do what they want and have the "leaders" they want from now on. Can I prove any of what I just wrote? No, I can't -- and for that reason, I will not argue the point, but I am convinced of it. So, I can either rant and rave and figuratively stamp my feet or I can just accept that "fact" (or, more accurately, what I believe very strongly to be true).

So, although the Capitol protest was a fruitless endeavor and very badly carried out, I do applaud those who are willing to stand up for what they believe (as long as they peacefully do so)-- and not just be (like myself) "keyboard warriors" who talk a good game but do nothing to even try to change anything.

Last edited by katharsis; 01-08-2021 at 05:10 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 04:56 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Don't watch. Don't click.
Anyone who cares about freedom SHOULD click and read this. There is no other way to interpret it then that the ABC political news director is calling for action to eliminate (cleanse) the thinking of those who disagree with the leftist viewpoint. (Or at least I hope he is talking about just their thinking and not the Trump supporters themselves.)

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/07...48CHYQ7EwPf7TQ

For those too lazy to read it, this is what he said, per the above link:

"Trump will be an ex-president in 13 days. The fact is that getting rid of Trump is the easy part,†Klein wrote in a since-deleted post on Twitter, which already banned the president for 12 hours after the riots and teed up a permanent suspension. “Cleansing the movement he commands is going to be something else.†[END EXCERPT]

If that doesn't scare Americans, I don't know that will!

Old 01-08-2021, 04:59 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Those who stormed the Capitol Building would have been much off if they had JUST stood outside the Capitol and held their protest signs. But that being said, IF it had not turned violent -- and just as bad, imo, as anyone else who is violent -- I would have applauded them for even caring enough to show up in such numbers.

I was frankly shocked at how many people showed up because similar "calls to action" have been so sparsely attended as to be laughable. [Anyone remember "American Spring" in 2014? Supposedly a million people (or at least thousands) were supposed to show up to protest the "Democrat/Liberal takeover, and less than 300 showed up (if that).https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...triots/371092/ Supposedly a million people (or at least thousands) were supposed to show up to protest the "Democrat/Liberal takeover, and only about 250 people showed up, with the great majority of them being overweight, middle-aged (or older) white fat men. The common wisdom was that the typical right-winger (to today's Trump supporter) was too fat, lazy and comfortable to put into action what their mouths were saying.]

So, quite honestly, my first reaction was happiness that so many people did show up to protest what they were convinced was a stolen election. (I am not and have never been a Trump supporter, but I voted for him this time in protest against Biden/Harris.) Although I personally do not know whether the election was stolen or not, I suspect it was, but I also suspect very strongly that if it was stolen, it will never be proven. I am also convinced that the the American people are powerless to change the fact that the VERY wealthy and powerful will do what they want and have the "leaders" they want from now on. Can I prove any of that? No, I can't -- and for that reason, I will not argue the point, but I am convinced of it. So, I can either rant and rave and figuratively stamp my feet or I can just accept that "fact" -- or rather what I believe very strongly to be true.

So, although it was a fruitless endeavor and very badly carried out, I do applaud those who are willing to stand up for what they believe (as long as they peacefully do so)-- and not just be (like myself) "keyboard warriors" who talk a good game but do nothing to even try to change anything.
There were mountains of videos and personal testimonies of alleged election fraud/irregularities especially in the key battleground states.

But if the authorities don't actually act on them, then it was all for naught.

Ultimately it didn't matter in the end.

Voting does not matter in the end

Old 01-08-2021, 05:00 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It was what convinced me not to skip voting for President in 2016. I first started reconsidering when the Emory University president called for hunting down the person who committed the "hate crime" of chalking "Trump 2016" on campus. Then when they shut down a Trump rally with 10,000 people waiting for him in an arena, that was when I knew I had to vote for the Orange Clown.
So basically what convinced you to vote for Trump was some alt-right nonsense. I remember the chalk incident. Somebody wrote some graffiti on campus in chalk. A couple dozen protesters protested that someone wrote graffiti and that they felt threatened and talked to the administration. And that's basically where it ended. There was no manhunt. The FBI and CIA and Homeland Security did not come out. It was some chalk graffiti on a college campus. The university just said they'd look at the security cameras to see if they could find out who was vandalizing the campus with chalk without the appropriate permission to chalk the sidewalks. The punishment had they caught someone in their exhaust search of seeing if there were any cameras that pointed at the scene? Well, probably about what you'd expect for such an egregious criminal act of deviancy. "John, you need to get permission to chalk things on the sidewalks. Please don't chalk things on the sidewalks without permission. Here is the form. Fill it out next time you want to write Trump 2016 or anything else in chalk on the sidewalks. It's stupid, but sometimes people write crude jokes in chalk so we have this rule."

Old 01-08-2021, 05:02 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
The liberal media needs to cleanse their bowels and at least try and get back to being journalists instead of radical partisan hacks.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:05 PM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
How about we have a cleansing of illegal aliens in the United States?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies