Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 12:56 PM

18 posts, read 22,007 times

Advertisements

If that stuff worked and was so important, why does florida have less deaths (when adjusted for population size) than illinois does? Illinois is masks everywhere mandated, florida is completely open with no restrictions

Oh yeah and Florida has a much older population too. Florida had 22K covid "deaths" with a population of 21 million vs illinois with 18k covid deaths with population of 12 million

How does this make any sense?? Florida should be 10 times the covid deaths of liberal places but it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 01:05 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
What makes you think 'liberals' love being locked down and wearing masks?

That's pretty idiotic, you know. No one loves being isolated so much, and no one likes wearing the masks. Don't be a jerk.

Masks may not be mandated in Florida because Florida is warm. People can still spend a day outside in the dead of winter and not need to go inside to warm up. Sea breezes could keep the Covid from pooling at people's head level outside. Old people in Florida learned how to protect themselves in ways that work in Florida, but not in Illinois.

How many differences are there between Chicago and Miami in January? How many of those differences could affect the spread of the Covid-19 virus?

There's your answer. It was actually a pretty good question to think about. You didn't need to befoul it with a bunch of crappy incidental charges against the dreaded liberals to ask it in the headline.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
What makes you think 'liberals' love being locked down and wearing masks?

That's pretty idiotic, you know. No one loves being isolated so much, and no one likes wearing the masks. Don't be a jerk.

Masks may not be mandated in Florida because Florida is warm. People can still spend a day outside in the dead of winter and not need to go inside to warm up. Sea breezes could keep the Covid from pooling at people's head level outside. Old people in Florida learned how to protect themselves in ways that work in Florida, but not in Illinois.

How many differences are there between Chicago and Miami in January? How many of those differences could affect the spread of the Covid-19 virus?

There's your answer. It was actually a pretty good question to think about. You didn't need to befoul it with a bunch of crappy incidental charges against the dreaded liberals to ask it in the headline.

I went to St Pete last year and went to bars and night clubs with like 150 people in 1 inside spot for hours, nobody wearing masks

Guess what, illinois still has way more covid deaths per capita of population

Old 01-08-2021, 01:09 PM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicwaters177 View Post
If that stuff worked and was so important, why does florida have less deaths (when adjusted for population size) than illinois does? Illinois is masks everywhere mandated, florida is completely open with no restrictions

Oh yeah and Florida has a much older population too. Florida had 22K covid "deaths" with a population of 21 million vs illinois with 18k covid deaths with population of 12 million

How does this make any sense?? Florida should be 10 times the covid deaths of liberal places but it's not.
In winter especially, presumably people in FL go out and enjoy the lower humidity and temperate climate. Outdoor activity carries a lower risk of transmission, in the summer FL cases sky rocketed, due to (my hypothesis only) being indoors all the day inside the AC controlled climate. I'm assuming in Illinois it's rather chilly, people are more likely to spend time indoors, in smaller spaces.

I have nothing to back this theory up, just spit balling.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
In winter especially, presumably people in FL go out and enjoy the lower humidity and temperate climate. Outdoor activity carries a lower risk of transmission, in the summer FL cases sky rocketed, due to (my hypothesis only) being indoors all the day inside the AC controlled climate. I'm assuming in Illinois it's rather chilly, people are more likely to spend time indoors, in smaller spaces.

Illinois is masks everywhere
No nightclubs open
Nothing open to where you have big groups in 1 spot

Florida is completely open. Masks only required some places.
You'll find some spots with tons and tons of people at indoor clubs and bars and restaurants who are not wearing masks and hanging out for hours and hours

Let's be honest here. If the shutdown was so important, florida should have 10 times the covid deaths as Illinois and new York. At some point we have to admit this is a huge fraud and must move back to our normal life. I'm absolutely disgusted at how much people are willing to sacrifice their freedoms to submit to a fake threat and government control.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicwaters177 View Post

1st some simple math --- Florida does not have 10 times the population of Illinois...you know that right so that 10 times number is random and makes no sense.

And the person who was in charge of recording deaths was fired when she made it public that the COVID deaths were not being properly recorded in Florida so we don't know if the death tally in Florida is accurate. There are numerous articles discussing the inconsistent recording of COVID data in Florida in order to have better numbers.

Also I would argue that an aging population would be more careful -- donning masks without a mandate. We don't have a mandate in South Carolina but most people wear maks.

And unless you can provide a scientific study that can show the rate of compliance for residents in the states to any guidelines -- mandated or not...your conclusion -- that it is directly attributable to forced mandates is not based on anything other than your feelings.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:21 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Actually this is a great question. I live in Illinois and we had massive lockdowns, mask shaming (I wear a mask when out but don't go ape **** like others when I see someone without one which is rare anyway) and our death rate continues to skyrocket. I don't get it.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:21 PM

735 posts, read 654,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post

This is backed up by North Dakota and South Dakota having the highest cases per capita in the country, two cold states with a very low population density. The North Dakota gov rejected mask mandates until recently, and South Dakota has no mask mandate.

Considering Illinois houses the 3rd biggest city in the country, there’s really no excuse for the Dakotas to be hit harder. They’re obviously not taking it seriously, and it shows

Old 01-08-2021, 01:25 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
People always bring up south dakota... frankly I don't really care if the fatality rate "per capita" is a little higher.. it's still statistically insignificant compared to the overall population.

It's not so much as a fraud as it's an overreaction. Progressives like to be nannies and take overreaching action to try to save every last life.. they never do a cost benefit analysis before they come up with their proposals and never seen to care where the money and resources to do what they propose comes from.

All I know is I'm glad 2 of my favorite asian buffets have remained open and are still open. Only the ones I don't hardly go to have gutted their buffets and closed indoor dining. I've gone 15 times in the last 9 months, sat inside, dined at the buffet, and life is good for me. I'm not going to personally be scared into not doing what I want because of over-reaching nannies. I'll wear the masks in box stores to respect the unwashed masses, but that's it.

To be frank, our young people are more important than people in nursing homes. Some of these policies are seriously going to produce long term collateral damage if they keep going on for say another year or two.. if kids don't have school this fall, a whole other school year, it's going to lead to serious repercussions.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:25 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Yup, masks don't work.

Doctors, nurses, EMTs, paramedics, RTs, etc etc just wear them to look cool.

[/sarcasm]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies