Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 03:40 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
The Dems are afraid President Trump might reveal something that they are trying to keep hidden. I wonder who or what the Dems are trying to protect?
Horse manure.

If Trump had any dirt on "The Dems" he'd be screaming about it on Twitter already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 03:41 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
What have the democrats done for America during these 4 years?
Nothing.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:44 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Nothing.
Worse than nothing.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:49 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmountains View Post
That's a personal interpretation that you have that you may not share with others though, you're incorrectly ascribing it to everyone.

I understand that you feel the election was stolen, as do many Trump supporters. For you, that is not sufficient justification for an armed rebellion though, but for others it was.
Whether there is sufficient justification for an armed rebellion is an entirely different topic of discussion.

The question I was addressing was the specific, supposed "Call to violence" that would be the basis for Congress impeachment of President Trump, as they are discussing doing even as we speak. If President Trump had said something like "Be sure to bring your guns and plenty of spare ammunition," I would regard that as a "Call to violence". If he had said "Let's go to the Capitol and throw those rascals physically out," I would regard that as a "Call to violence".

If President Trump had said "We have watched the Democrat left's terrorist wing - Antifa and Black Lives Matter - burn, loot, vandalize, and take over parts of our country over the last year, and the Democrats have on many occasions openly encouraged the violence, they have constrained and defunded the police, and they have not tried to stop it. Now we must do the same over at the US Capitol building...," I would certainly have regarded that as a "Call to violence".

But nothing like any of that happened. Calling on Vice President Pence to "do the right thing" and other similar remarks is about as far removed from an actual "Call to violence" as you can plausibly get.

There is no legitimate basis for the Democrats to proceed with this. All they have are the howls of the media-led mob and an unhinged politically based hatred towards President Trump. It will be a blatant abuse of power if they pursue this. And literally nothing more.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:50 PM

1,514 posts, read 890,913 times
Impeachment or other means (legal / administrative etc.) are needed to ensure this crap show is put behind us once and for all and that Trump can not run again. To also send a message to any future leadership that you are not above the law regardless of who you are / the position you hold and you can not do crazy stuff then just quietly slink out the door in the end to ride off into the sunset.

If impeachment or other measures are not done against the conspiracy theory filled divider and insurrectionist, Trump will attempt to run again in 2024 or after. Mark my words. I hope I am wrong but I do not think I am.

The scary thing is not just that he would run again by quietly slinking out the back door this time but he knows he will have put out the lasting image of him as "the fighter" and will have the anger and ire of half the country currently under his hypnotic spell for what they perceived as a stolen election, replaced by a person / party in which they despise. 4 years of brewing, steeping, bubbling anger. Hence his out of character recent speech calling for Unity, "love" and to come "together". It wasn't because he was remorseful. That out of character hostage speech was his pitch for not having repercussions against him to protect his future both criminally and for a future run.

Anger on the right and complacency on the left won Donald Trump the election the first time. Anger from a perceived stolen election may very likely win him an election a second time. Because of these things, I honestly believe Donald J. Trump has a very strong possibility of being elected again as President of the United States of America either in 2024 or later.

I hope I am wrong but like I have been right about Trump before, I do not think so.

Last edited by txbullsfan; 01-08-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 03:53 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Horse manure.

If Trump had any dirt on "The Dems" he'd be screaming about it on Twitter already.
No. Our big-tech overlords will not allow that.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:05 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Quote:
You can't be serious! You really haven't been paying attention. Every bill they've written the Repub senate has shot down.

The majority of the legislation the last 4 years has been executive orders and machinations by Trump firing people and weakening governmental departments so they are ineffective. He's come really close to destroying us.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:24 PM

726 posts, read 329,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
And no honest person, who has even a rudimentary command of the English language, will understand any of those comments as a "Call to violence".
Well, it certainly had that effect, now, didn't it. Lie to them about being robbed, whip them up, then point them at the Capitol. The congress people will be the ones to decide if Trump crossed the line, not you, and they are pretty darn pissed at the desecration of their hallowed chambers. And what was Trump doing out there "rallying" his troops anyway, while the joint session of Congress was slated to be present in the Capitol and debate the election then count the certified electoral ballots?

Old 01-08-2021, 04:32 PM

726 posts, read 329,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmountains View Post
I only support this if there are enough votes for removal in the Senate, making it a unifying bipartisan exercise.
I'm fine with impeachment, even if he's not convicted by the Senate. He just really deserves it for this latest outrage. Plus, I don't really want to see him removed because then Pence might pardon him "for the country to heal" or some BS. Trump should be indicted for his crimes, now that he can't stonewall the evidence against him, and then incarcerated according to law if found guilty.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:48 PM

1,014 posts, read 786,892 times
Quote:
Try to get at Trump and take care of illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies