Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 03:29 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Oh for Pete's sake.

Republicans have been voting in the Texas Democratic party for my whole life. And that's a long time.

The Rs never had a contested primary so they voted in the Democratic primary for the candidate mostly easily defeated by the Republican.

I remember wishing the Rs would get contested primaries so they's stop that chit back in 1978.

Tell your friends to keep their careers a secret. Every Texas democrat knows a real estate developer would never vote for a democrat. The Texas Association of Realtors always endorses and contributes to republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 03:31 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
As we no longer have any voting rights, the only way to gain impact is to mess up their primaries....
Let us know how that works out for y'all!

Old 01-09-2021, 06:21 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
One of my associates from Texas informed me that he and several of his friends (well to do real estate developers) are changing to the democrat party to help destroy the party from within.

As we no longer have any voting rights, the only way to gain impact is to mess up their primaries. They will still cheat, as the screwed Sanders, but at least they would take one of the top two.

The republican party died when they refused to support Trump and prosecute the coup. All we can do now is to help wreck the dem party and work on secession.
I thought trump was going to stay in office and have a second term? You have hundreds of posts that confirm this notion. Why would this be necessary? What has changed?

Old 01-09-2021, 06:22 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
One of my associates from Texas informed me that he and several of his friends (well to do real estate developers) are changing to the democrat party to help destroy the party from within.

As we no longer have any voting rights, the only way to gain impact is to mess up their primaries. They will still cheat, as the screwed Sanders, but at least they would take one of the top two.

The republican party died when they refused to support Trump and prosecute the coup. All we can do now is to help wreck the dem party and work on secession.
OK.....

Old 01-09-2021, 06:26 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:

Lol... Are your friends 10 y/o? Bc I can't imagine an adult having this dumb an idea.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:33 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
"I'm going to vote in the primaries to protest against not having voting rights!"

I mean, thank god some Republicans in Texas are going to help take down the Democratic machine that controls this state! Only both senators, 23 of the 36 representatives and every single statewide office are held by Republicans. It's practically California out here!
I don't get that either. Complaining about the mask rules etc. They are in charge of everything, yet blame it on the "liberals"

Same with the federal government. Republicans in charge of 2 branches and half of another. But no, Nancy has them by the gonads.

They should turn on the orangeman for not doing what they want.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:38 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Well, he did donate heavily to democrats over the course of his life, including to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign fund in 2008.
Yep, he did.

And you know what? He still couldn't get any traction with the Democratic Party. For which I, and most rank-and-file Ds, are eternally grateful.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:39 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Texas does not register by party.
Well, that's, um, inconvenient.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:41 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:

You are free to use that tactic - of course lots of Democrats do the same thing, to prevent another Trump from getting the nomination for the Republicans. This is not exactly a novel idea.

Many states allow their citizens to vote in both primaries. "Open" primaries. Don't they teach you guys anything?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_p..._United_States

Old 01-09-2021, 06:42 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
Do you have a speech writer hawkeye? Quote from teleprompters?
Or do you come up with this stuff all by yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies