Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 02:38 PM

170 posts, read 188,972 times

Advertisements

I've only heard about Qanon from Democrats. I have no idea what it is. It is Democrats that have been screaming Qanon. Most Republicans and so-called Trumpers have no idea what Qanon is.

I do however believe Joe Biden has borderline dementia, is merely a puppet, and that his policies and actions are dangerous for the United States. Not sure if this is what is meant by Qanon. Have no idea what that is and basically have no interest in a narrative drummed by Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 02:50 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,520,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
I've only heard about Qanon from Democrats. I have no idea what it is. It is Democrats that have been screaming Qanon. Most Republicans and so-called Trumpers have no idea what Qanon is.

I do however believe Joe Biden has borderline dementia, is merely a puppet, and that his policies and actions are dangerous for the United States. Not sure if this is what is meant by Qanon. Have no idea what that is and basically have no interest in a narrative drummed by Democrats.
I think MOST Republicans have no more idea of what Qanon is that Democrats do about what Antifa is.

These weird fringe groups do not represent the mainstream of either party. I have checked and that thing that wore horns and fur when they stormed the capitol was a Qanon supporter. I haven't been able to find out much about Antifa except that "it's an idea", not an actual organized group.

Both groups (maybe Antifa is an actual group by now?) are out of touch with reality, they love violence, and they need reasons to justify the violence. So they believe creepy news when they hear it.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:54 PM

936 posts, read 2,062,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Um, child trafficking is horrible and it’s a big problem, even here in the states. With the Super Bowl on the horizon the news was talking about how human trafficking always increases around the event. Asked people to be on the lookout for suspicious behavior. Not believing that doesn’t make you a pedophile but misinformed.
Perhaps I wasn't clear, Qanon espouses the conspiracy that there is a massive child pedophile ring led by prominent democrats and Hollywood elite, and they drink baby blood and ship children to other pedophiles in Wayfair furniture, among other crazy things.

They spread various versions of this all over social media, and people just blindly repost it, because child trafficking is horrific on its own.

If you call them out on this nonsense, they accuse you of being a pedophile enabler.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:13 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,338,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post

https://www.businessinsider.com/30-o...ry-poll-2021-1

At this point, the old excuse “I’m republican and I’ve never heard of it except from Democrats” is a sign of desperation and unwillingness to condemn QAnon.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:24 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,691,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
My whole family and it is large and across the country have no idea what Qanon is.. so stop with the crazy stuff. Just like the so called proud boys... nothing like BLM and antifa destroying and doing millions of dollars of damage for months and coddled by the left when they are out there burning, looting, killing and throwing bricks at the police , defacing Washington DC.. attacking Federal buildings trying to burn them down, burning down a police station.. just a few peaceful protests for nths.

The democrat party should ALL BE IMPEACHED for funding them.
Just who are you trying to fool? The gig is up as to who is terrorizing this nation with violence and which political party is funding it, condoning it and enabling it with their wholehearted embrace of the Trumpism movement. It is the GOP.

Republicans have repeatedly failed to stop Trump's vicious language and presidential encouragement of bullying and savagery. They embraced him and his inflammatory lies. The GOP has seated QAnon activists in Congress and has numerous leaders who tried to re install Trump the loser while attempting to stop our democratic process--- even after witnessing the deadly violence caused by his BIG LIE. Republican leaders to this day are refusing to condemn Trump for gathering his band of misfits, malcontents and militia that not only ransacked and assaulted the house of our democracy, but tried to harm our elected members of Congress and attack the Vice President of the United States on January 6 2021, all in the name of Donald Trump the Republican.

You and your family can claim they didn't know about the terror threat of QAnon and the Proud Boys and white nationalists but the GOP knew, Trump knew and all of America knew.

The FBI labeled conspiracy groups such as QAnon as domestic terrorist threats in May of 2019. They warned that these groups and white nationalists and other extremist elements such as the Proud Boys were showing even greater determination. "The movement is stirring and building nationwide. The threat is serious and intense and it is by far the most serious domestic danger in the US on many levels "

Quote:
“The FBI assesses these conspiracy theories very likely will emerge, spread, and evolve in the modern information marketplace, occasionally driving both groups and individual extremists to carry out criminal or violent acts,” the document states. It also goes on to say the FBI believes conspiracy theory-driven extremists are likely to increase during the 2020 presidential election cycle.
https://www.yahoo.com/now/fbi-docume...160000507.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-wa...iracy-theories

FBI director, Christopher Wray, told Congress in February, 2020: “racially and ethnically motivated right-wing violent extremists” have become the “primary source of ideologically motivated lethal incidents” in the US.

The Department of Homeland Security in October2020 released the annual assessment of violent threats to the nation. The top concern: "white supremacist violent extremists who have been exceptionally lethal in their abhorrent, targeted attacks in recent years. They seek to force ideological change in the United States through violence, death, and destruction.” It went on to state there appeared to be a joining of the forces of conspiracists and the antigovernmental militia types and the white supremacists extremists....

2 days ago: DHS Issued its first National Terrorism Bulletin for Domestic Extremists
US terrorism alert warns of politically motivated violence:
Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security issued a national terrorism bulletin Wednesday warning of the lingering potential for violence from people motivated by anti-government sentiment after President Joe Biden’s election, suggesting the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol may embolden extremists and set the stage for additional attacks
The nation is aware of Trump's love for the Capitol insurrectionists which included QAnon conspiracists and their flags, the white supremacists and their flags, the Proud Boys and other right-wing extremists groups such as the Three Percenters and the Oath Keepers. Don't forget the kidnapping and assassination plot of the Michigan Governor by those incited by a series of presidential tweets calling for the Liberation of Michigan. Liberate. Liberate. Liberate. All because a Democratic Gov was trying to keep her constituents safe from a virus and was following science and not Trump.

The Democrats should all be impeached? Who are you trying to fool?

On the other hand: September 2020: The FBI director stated under oath that antifa is an ideology, not an organization. Despite Trump's assertion that antifa was a terror organization, Chris Wray told lawmakers that antifa is an ideology, not an organization. No Democratic leader has endorsed antifa and no Democratic leader has called for violence, endorsed violence or excused violence. That is the territory of the GOP. Trump has never called out QAnon, The Proud Boys, White Supremacists or the anti-government militias as being terrorists despite FBI & Homeland Security warnings. Nope. They are good people. They should be heartily endorsed when they run on Republican tickets. Donald Trump loves them. And the GOP loves Trump. Hmmmmm? Wonder why?

Fact: Democratic Party leadership including Joe Biden has condemned violence from protesters both on the left and right. They have explicitly condemned antifa violence. Top Democrats have repeatedly spoken out against lawless looting and destruction and along with BLM leaders have preached the same. The BLM movement is about social justice and its activists want to prevent it from being “hijacked” by violence as much as the next law abiding citizen. The Democratic focus is on social justice not violence. It was on purposeful peaceful protest not looting and burning. The Democratic Party does not fund or promote violence and multiple high profile party leaders have condemned swiftly and forcefully all violence that occurred at Black Lives Matter protests, which were sparked by the murder of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer in May. Here are just a few statements by the Democratic Party's top leader, Joe Biden:

May 25, 2020 in the days following the George Floyd murder: "Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not: ...Joe Biden

June 2, 2020: “There’s no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches or destroying businesses... we need to distinguish between legitimate peaceful protest and opportunistic violent destruction”...Joe Biden

August 30 2020 in a written statement, in a speech and to a posting on his campaign website: “The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable .... as a country we must condemn the incitement of hate and resentment that led to this deadly clash. It is not a peaceful protest when you go out spoiling for a fight”

September 29th at the first presidential debate in Cleveland, Ohio, Biden reiterated his stance on violence and looting. “I’ve made it clear in my public statements that violence should be prosecuted.”

Pelosi condemns ‘violent actions’ of antifa protesters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...fa-protesters/

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN2712ZA

Top Democrats told Black Lives Matter activists to steer clear of violence
Multiple high-profile Democrats have spoken out against violence at Black Lives Matter protests,
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/3317862001/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...xt/6588222002/

The Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol building and U.S. Congress was by mobs of Donald Trump supporters

Entirely too many people, especially on social media and this forum are comparing the Jan. 6 attacks to the Black Lives Matter movement. They specifically claim they see contradictory reactions to BLM and the Capitol rioters by Democratic politicians and supporters of Black Lives Matter. This is false.

The idea that Democrats did not criticize the violent elements of the social justice movement last summer is false.

I ask you once again, who are you trying to fool with your assertion that all Democratic elected leaders should be impeached due to your bogus accusation that they belong to the party that funds, coddles and enables violence? You know, the violence of Trumpism brought to America wholeheartedly by the GOP?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-29-2021 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-29-2021, 03:30 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,338,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I ask you once again, who are you trying to fool?
That person is not fooling anyone. Isn’t that the person who also said they would leave C-D if Trump loses the election? I can’t remember, but it was one of the usual cast of Trump enthusiasts/seditionists.

More importantly, the DOJ needs to review the intelligence available to law enforcement just before Jan 6, and assess what happened with the response and how the pleas for assistance were ignored or help delayed on Jan 6.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:40 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,433,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clear, Qanon espouses the conspiracy that there is a massive child pedophile ring led by prominent democrats and Hollywood elite, and they drink baby blood and ship children to other pedophiles in Wayfair furniture, among other crazy things.

They spread various versions of this all over social media, and people just blindly repost it, because child trafficking is horrific on its own.

If you call them out on this nonsense, they accuse you of being a pedophile enabler.
Got ya. I have heard of some of the “Q” stuff but only from democrats on this forum talking about it. The guys who started that seem like they are doing it for money. Fear and drama sells.

That being said, while Q conspiracies are not likely true, I do wonder how far the Epstein stuff goes. Unfortunately, wE will never know.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:43 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,629,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teslasucks View Post
Apparently quite of few of the Capitol occupiers the other day were Qanon. Seems quite a bit more radical belief than oath-keepers or other anti gov't groups. Do they really believe in the hollywood/politician etc big conspiracy pedo satan stuff?
If they really, truly do, they are bat**** insane. And, apparently, they do and they are.

One of the animating forces behind the attack on the Capitol was the movement known as QAnon, and QAnon has few more high-profile supporters than Greene.

QAnon is a movement centered on the fantastical claim that Trump, secretly aided by the military, was elected to smash a cabal of Democrats, international financiers and “Deep State” bureaucrats who worship Satan and abuse children. It prophesied an apocalyptic showdown, known as “the Storm,” between Trump and his enemies. During the Storm, their enemies, including Biden and many Democratic and Republican members of Congress, would be arrested and executed.

The mob that attacked the Capitol included many visible QAnon supporters wearing “Q” shirts and waving “Q” banners. https://news.yahoo.com/republican-ti...132620021.html

Old 01-29-2021, 04:32 PM

16,056 posts, read 10,614,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post

At this point, the old excuse “I’m republican and I’ve never heard of it except from Democrats” is a sign of desperation and unwillingness to condemn QAnon.
Many right-wingers don't call it QAnon -- to them it is gospel. I have a former friend, someone I worked with for 20 years, who I respect professionally, but she has swallowed this crazy stuff hook, line, and sinker. She has a college degree in computer science and reasonably educated in that sense but not much else...a little geeky. Her husband might have a HS diploma, I don't know, and her neighbors are redneck bible-thumpers. She lives in a farm-country bubble where all of this crazy-talk is their usual topic of conversation. She is retired and can search out the most bizarre conspiracy theories and Trump BS and I am sure she believes it and amplifies it within her little bubble of friends and relatives. I say "former" friend because I moved away years ago and we have little contact except on Facebook when I don't have her "turned off". The QAnon problem is partly traced to this sort of person who people of lesser education or understanding will listen to as if they are knowledgeable. There is also a religious, culture-war aspect to it. This is in a rural midwestern community where there is already a huge urban-rural divide. If someone says that people in the major cities hear gunfire 24/7 and that they have to run to their cars to keep from being assaulted by blacks, they believe it without question. It became a known fact this past summer that all major American cities were on fire because of BLM. Add to that gullible mindset the QAnon conspiracy theories and suddenly Hillary and the Obamas are molesting children and eating babies for dessert. This is the same medieval mindset that, when unchecked, led to burning witches and attacking Jews in their beds.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:39 PM

170 posts, read 188,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post

I'm so sorry if you feel this way. It seems people with your prerogative are much more affected by whatever Qanon is than any Republicans that I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies