Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 02:31 AM

298 posts, read 116,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
But something just doesn’t sound right about someone who won a presidency and nearly won another (despite humanities greatest campaign effort) being remembered as the WORST....I mean the elections have obviously taught us that Trump has if nothing else sustained enough popularity to make 2 elections for leader of the free world quite competitive.

Now the narrative written about Trump will almost certainly say he’s the worst...but that’s what adds to the mystique and now legend of Donald Trump.
I don't believe that there will be a mystique in the future. Like most things in history, this too shall pass. In 30 years, he will not be viewed through that lens. He will be judged on whether or not he achieved his agenda (which he did not for the most part), how he handled the coronavirus, how he handled race relations, and his actions after losing this election, among other things.

I'm not stating my opinion here. I'm simply stating how he will be viewed from a scholarly standpoint. I also think that the teenagers of today (who will be in their 40s at that time and running the country) will not look back on his presidency favorably. So I believe that he will be rated poorly on public opinion polls as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 02:47 AM

761 posts, read 316,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
I don't believe that there will be a mystique in the future. Like most things in history, this too shall pass. In 30 years, he will not be viewed through that lens. He will be judged on whether or not he achieved his agenda (which he did not for the most part), how he handled the coronavirus, how he handled race relations, and his actions after losing this election, among other things.

I'm not stating my opinion here. I'm simply stating how he will be viewed from a scholarly standpoint. I also think that the teenagers of today (who will be in their 40s at that time and running the country) will not look back on his presidency favorably. So I believe that he will be rated poorly on public opinion polls as well.
No one knows how the future will view Trump. Certainly no one knew the little escalator ride would wind up with the presidency and 75 million followers.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:57 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jeopardy format in honor of Alex Trebek, whose last show aired on Friday.

A: Trump, Cruz, Hawley

Q: Of whom are the Democrats most afraid?

They are letting you know whom they fear, and are actively attempting to define them negatively and/or neutralize them in whatever way possible.

They fear them because they have the position and the guts to possibly galvanize 75 million people who voted for Trump.
This Democrat isn't afraid of anyone.

"Why not?", you may ask.

This is why not.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post

Yeah, how history treats Trump doesn't look good. I mean there are a lot of millennials and zellennials that don't like what happened, but some did red-pill with him hard (typically law enforcement, religious and military types.) I'm not saying that Trump will be considered one of the worst Presidents, but his standing isn't great to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
No one knows how the future will view Trump. Certainly no one knew the little escalator ride would wind up with the presidency and 75 million followers.
Yes and poll how many Trump voters still will vote for him after that. I dare you. The problem is no president has been as corrupt as Trump has been.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:45 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
I'm not a poll guy, but ran across this to buttress your point.

Rasmussen: Trump's Approval Rating Rises After DC Protests
That's nuts. I find that hard to believe.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:45 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This Democrat isn't afraid of anyone.

"Why not?", you may ask.

This is why not.
I know what you mean - but that's not the proper context.

I am referring to Democrats in Congress and establishment elites who are seeking to gain control of the culture. The fear the 75 million that would hinder their goals.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:56 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
Um no, that is the actual issue, 100%.

You apparently can't seem to debate the actual issue. That is classically how Donald Con the Tramper operates, pivot from real issues and refuse to answer real questions. Nearly causing the destruction of this great country.
What issue do you want to discuss?

Biden calls people thugs from this week. He said virtually nothing when cities burned months ago. Unequal scales of justice in play.

The video you put up tries to link Capitol protesters with anti-Semites. That's just bad journalism to make that link. He doesn't know who these people are. It's all about painting an image... not about truth. Antifa was there - he could be one of them.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:59 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
He got more votes than any other past president. Not even close...
Except, Biden got 7 million more. AND won the Electoral College that Trumpers were so adamant should not be changed.

Quote:
That's because Trump is sucking up all of the oxygen right now. That won't be the case down the road. Those two have at least shown they won't be compliant to the Swamp as most of the other Republicans.

People want the government to represent THEM - not to other entities or themselves.
Neither will get the nomination. The GOP will get back to normalcy, where non-deplorable types can start supporting it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies