Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 10:41 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Sounds eerily like Obama and his supporters.
Everyone seriously needs to stop worshiping these people.
For once I'm going to agree that the but but Obama defense is valid here, with one caveat. Obama was admired around the globe. Trump is universally despised. Admiration is one thong. Worship quite another. We will never know if Obama supporters would ruin their lives and commit felonies like Trump supporters just did last Wednesday. I would be willing to bet that Obama has the decency not to ask vs Trump who will throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin.

When you have that kind of admiration, you have a big responsibility to channel it wisely.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:47 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post

I’ll add that trump got support because he stood up to the elite in Washington, or at least he was pretending to. I have no illusion though that he cared about his supporters, but neither do I think any politician does.
I don't think calling them "human scum" is a very civilized way to stand up to them.

Also perplexing is how can Cruz be so passionate in still supporting President Trump after Trump had attacked him and members of his family. I wonder how many Republicans who he called "human scum" ended up supporting him after the election, too.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Most people who support Trump do so from an evangelical Christian perspective and there is a sentiment that if it takes a strongman to force America back to Christ, then so be it.

However, Trump will turn on even them at the end. Trump isn't a Christian and will destroy anyone who gets in his way. He only does the will of the Christian Right because they are his most steadfast supporters.
I bet a significant number of the Christian Right ditched him after the Capitol uprising. That was the last straw.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Those who resort to insults to prove their point simply re-enforces the opposition. Like a child that loses or does not get their own way.

Try, even though it may be difficult to be civil.
You know what the real insult is? Your original post!

You created a entirely false premise but asked us to be civil.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
For once I'm going to agree that the but but Obama defense is valid here, with one caveat. Obama was admired around the globe. Trump is universally despised. Admiration is one thong. Worship quite another. We will never know if Obama supporters would ruin their lives and commit felonies like Trump supporters just did last Wednesday. I would be willing to bet that Obama has the decency not to ask vs Trump who will throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin.

When you have that kind of admiration, you have a big responsibility to channel it wisely.

Most parts of the world are ruled by ruthless thugs, who have no problem having your tortured and slaughtered for kicks. Their admiration for Obama is definitely telling!

Old 01-10-2021, 10:53 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump and his policies have become America. When was the last time we had a President that was so Pro America? His campaign pledges were basic, to make America #1, to make the economy boom by cutting red tape, to bring jobs back from China, to give us security at the border, to respect the Constitution and Freedoms that made us Great. He wanted MAGA for every citizen and Legal immigrant. He tried his best and succeeded in many ways despite the unprecedented attacks from the Left and constant undermining of him and his supporters.

Trump captured the emotions of proud Americans like no other politician before.

There was a huge flag at the rally in DC that depicted Trump with a machine gun posed like Rambo and that is how his supporters see him. He is a warrior that took on DC and the world to forge a better future for Americans and he succeeded in exposing the hypocrisy and bias of the Left and their media. They attacked him constantly yet he bravely weathered the abuse for us.

Trump has forever changed this country and how people view politics.

Trump certainly has his faults but in the end his supporters see him as a warrior for America that fought the good fight but in the end evil finally won.
It's interesting because people's beliefs are based on their on perspectives. I hear Republicans call democrats the evil party and I hear democrats say the same about Trump and the Republicans.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
It's interesting because people's beliefs are based on their on perspectives. I hear Republicans call democrats the evil party and I hear democrats say the same about Trump and the Republicans.
The difference is that the republicans are telling the truth but the democrats are lying.

Make no mistake. Democrats are evil. Most of democrats have no problem with having a large percentage of the population slaughtered if they can push through their political agenda.

Name one democrats’ policy that can be implemented without violence or threat of violence.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:56 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The difference is that the republicans are telling the truth but the democrats are lying.
Democrats say the same about Republicans.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:57 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Please try to be civil here, this is not meant to be against Trumpers, they as we are entitles to their opinions, it is still a free country.

History has shown that Dictators and Wanna be dictators do not really care about their supporters. They are only concerned in their Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain. I will not go into details about these folks there is plenty of data and example of these people, both successful and otherwise in the history books. If you are interested look them up.

Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain are always the common denominators. They do NOT care in the slightest about the well being of their supporters, in fact they often persecute them when they realize the errors of their ways and stray from the fold.

For me, a real conservative who voted for Maggi Thatcher in the UK. when I listen to Trump, Biden, Bush I, Reagan and Obama talk there is a real difference. Trump does not sound like an educated professional (This is not necessarily a bad thing), for the most part his language does not seem be articulate, he talks in bullet points, and 90% of the time he is bragging about something, it is all about himself and how wonderful he thinks he is, not to mention the untruths that he continually pitches. At least that is the way it comes across, inciting negativity. These are typical traits of Dictators and wanna be dictators. The others seem more articulate and positive, in speeches they rarely talk about themselves.

Back to the Title. I do not understand why hardcore Trumpers do not get this.

Please try to explain this without berating the opposing opinions or party members, it is not productive.
Turn off your tv. It's melting your brain.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:57 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

..and if the news had been half way honest...and reported fairly on Obama...instead of lying a covering up

"Obama had no scandals"

just weaponized our own government and used it against his political opponents....the IRS

caught red handed tapping our political allies private phones and emails...Merkel, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, etc

sold guns to Mexican cartels....then lost them all

evaded Federal open record laws by using private servers

biggest data breach in the Federal governments history

Benghazi.....on and on and on

....Obama's admiration would have gone right out the window...he was just as crooked as all the rest...maybe even more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies