Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 05:34 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,601 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of his supporters are attracted to his personality (egotistical, narcissistic, self-serving, controlling, aggressive, etc.).

Old 01-12-2021, 05:41 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I think a lot of his supporters are attracted to his personality (egotistical, narcissistic, self-serving, controlling, aggressive, etc.).

I think a lot of Trump's detractors just don't like the guy.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
I think a lot of Trump's detractors just don't like the guy.
I don't think a lot of his detractors like the country or the people either. I wished they'd leave and we'd be better off.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:47 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Please try to be civil here, this is not meant to be against Trumpers, they as we are entitles to their opinions, it is still a free country.

History has shown that Dictators and Wanna be dictators do not really care about their supporters. They are only concerned in their Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain. I will not go into details about these folks there is plenty of data and example of these people, both successful and otherwise in the history books. If you are interested look them up.

Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain are always the common denominators. They do NOT care in the slightest about the well being of their supporters, in fact they often persecute them when they realize the errors of their ways and stray from the fold.

For me, a real conservative who voted for Maggi Thatcher in the UK. when I listen to Trump, Biden, Bush I, Reagan and Obama talk there is a real difference. Trump does not sound like an educated professional (This is not necessarily a bad thing), for the most part his language does not seem be articulate, he talks in bullet points, and 90% of the time he is bragging about something, it is all about himself and how wonderful he thinks he is, not to mention the untruths that he continually pitches. At least that is the way it comes across, inciting negativity. These are typical traits of Dictators and wanna be dictators. The others seem more articulate and positive, in speeches they rarely talk about themselves.

Back to the Title. I do not understand why hardcore Trumpers do not get this. Please try to explain this without berating the opposing opinions or party members, it is not productive.
You're right. Trump is not well educated, he's not a professional anything, he's not articulate, he's always lying, and he's always talking about himself. You're completely right. But Trumpers don't care. Maybe they just identify with dumb, self-centered people? There isn't any logic to it.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
You're right. Trump is not well educated, he's not a professional anything, he's not articulate, he's always lying, and he's always talking about himself. You're completely right. But Trumpers don't care. Maybe they just identify with dumb, self-centered people? There isn't any logic to it.
There's perfect logic to it. Just run on his policies and follow through, and you'll get "Trumpers" vote twice. What's so hard to understand ?

Old 01-12-2021, 06:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But other than he did at times attack his own allies which I didn't like, I just don't agree and just don't care about the rest. I liked his policies, he did what he said he would and that's all that matters.
He achieved relatively very little in 4 years.....

Did Mexico pay for the wall?

What about that replacement for the unaffordable care act that he bragged was in the mix?

The New NAFTA deal? Nah not really all that much better than the old one. a little but not much.

China? I loved when he put a boot to their nuts. To bad he didn't follow through enough to achieve much.

He did increase our debt by almost 5 trillion. Happened on his watch he owns it.

Did he get us out of Syria as promised? Afghanistan? Iraq? I was all for that. At least he didn't get us involved in any more wars.

Are other countries paying us to play world cop? I was all for that.

Our NATO allies. Hey he called the dead beats a dead beat. No complaint about that, especially in regard to Germany.

He still followed the pattern of kissing Israel's butt. Ill never understand why we do that. They shake our hand with one hand while the other is picking our pockets or stabbing us in the back.

See I can be fair in regard to Trump, It's just that his antics and his BS by far out weighs his positives.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:14 PM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Not every single one. .

But it’s completely obvious that the US is doing extremely poorly relative to other developed nations. In deaths per capita, we are #11 in the world. Most of the nations that have a higher death rate are much smaller and had the bad luck of getting caught up in the extremely deadly first wave of the virus. The country with the most deaths per capita is San Marino — population 33,000 — one thousand times smaller than the US — and unfortunately situated smack dap at the epicenter of the deadly first wave in Europe. Italy fared relatively poorly for the same reasons — a San Marino writ large.

The only other major industrial country that did worse than the US was Great Britain and why? Probably because they had their own Trump-like leader making similarly bone-headed moves. Also GB’s population density is much greater than that of the US.

In fact, it really says something that many first world nations with much higher population density than the US fared better.

So, long story short, I do lay the hundreds of thousands of additional deaths at Trump’s feet. No, he didn’t have the power to make up state policies. But it is absolutely true many governors’ really poor and politically-motivated health care non-responses can be directly linked to Trump.

I could go on, but why waste the pixels? If you don’t get it by now, you will probably never get it.

Yes, Trump is most definitely to blame. He knew it was a deadly virus and chose to cover it up, then make it a political football. Murderer.
He didn't cover anything up. I guess you were too lazy or stupid to listen to what he and Fauci actually said in those press briefings. He didn't tell you to run around the room and scream and pull your hair. But he told the right steps to take (even if he didn't always do it himself).

Cuomo is the murderer. He murdered thousands.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
He achieved relatively very little in 4 years.....

Did Mexico pay for the wall?

What about that replacement for the unaffordable care act that he bragged was in the mix?

The New NAFTA deal? Nah not really all that much better than the old one. a little but not much.

China? I loved when he put a boot to their nuts. To bad he didn't follow through enough to achieve much.

He did increase our debt by almost 5 trillion. Happened on his watch he owns it.

Did he get us out of Syria as promised? Afghanistan? Iraq? I was all for that. At least he didn't get us involved in any more wars.

Are other countries paying us to play world cop? I was all for that.

Our NATO allies. Hey he called the dead beats a dead beat. No complaint about that, especially in regard to Germany.

He still followed the pattern of kissing Israel's butt. Ill never understand why we do that. They shake our hand with one hand while the other is picking our pockets or stabbing us in the back.

See I can be fair in regard to Trump, It's just that his antics and his BS by far out weighs his positives.
I see it as Trump did a lot better job than any Republican President in at least the last 30 years and a lot better than Democrat Presidents, despite massive opposition by open border globalist. It turned out to be pretty moderate and mild results and I would've like for it to been more but it was the most gotten by a Republican President. I kind of agree on Israel using us, but I have no use for Palstinians and muslims either.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:19 PM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Worked for Obama!

Old 01-12-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Worked for Obama!
Oh no doubt. You want to talk about narcissistic. And everyone babied and pampered him while he divided and incited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies