Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
I truly hope they are monitoring City-Data. I really do.
They are!

Old 01-09-2021, 09:27 AM

2,166 posts, read 3,381,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
I truly hope they are monitoring City-Data. I really do.

People claiming Trump has 75 million supporter, you are wrong. 75 million voted for him, but a large portion voted for him because of the R next to his name or because they thought he was the lesser of two evils.
After recent events his support has eroded.
I'd bet less than .5% of those 75 million are full blown QAnon brainwashed, and an even smaller percentage would act with violence. Trumpers like to think they are all being victimized, but the reality is that non-Trump voters (not just leftists, but independents and moderate Republicans) are angry with the ones who are acting violent, not the ones that are peacefully protesting or disappointed with the election results. The Trump protestors that stayed on the Mall and peacefully waved their flags and chanted were exercising their American freedom to do so. The ones that broke through barriers and entered Capitol grounds are criminals, and all of them need to be arrested and serve some time, even if they did not necessarily vandalize or act violently. Any normal person would be arrested if they did that. And the ones that actually entered the Capitol building, broke into offices, destroyed furniture and equipment, spread feces on the ground, etc. and stole things need to serve hard time in a federal prison.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:28 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
They could at least have a couple moles sign up for Gab and Parler, and start monitoring the chatter from the right wing extremists, right?
I would be extremely surprised if that wasn't the case. The Capitol Police may be clownshoes of questionable loyalty and competence, but the FBI isn't much given to amateurism. I'd in fact expect a few thousand screenshots of this forum to be in a database somewhere.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:29 AM

322 posts, read 244,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The time for unity ended Wednesday afternoon.

When the school gymnasium burned down and the bunch who was there with torches are now in the principals office, it's not time to sit and listen to their grievances. It's time to squelch them, in no uncertain terms.

*wonders how the arrests of the invaders to the Capitol are coming along*
Did you had that same mindset towards the rioters burning down cities over the past 6 months?

Old 01-09-2021, 09:33 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Conservatives/Republicans who would can shoot an apple from 200 meters, and who will not flinch if they need to take out 5-10 strategically chosen Trumpers from a snipers nest atop the Capitol Building.
Yes, taking out ANTIFA arsonists destroying police buildings and civil war statues won't be hard.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:33 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
The Tea Party talked a good game. This is like the real tea party now.

People have become disillusioned over the last 2 administrations. The wound started to get infected and fester under Obama (and maybe even GWB) but Trump ripped off the bandaid and rubbed salt into it.
Yep it sure is.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:39 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Just wondering - a lot of news outlets are expressing fear that this may be the case. I don't really see it, but I completely avoid those dark circles of the web and our society. Apparently anyone with a rotten front tooth and a smart phone knew there was going to be a Capitol riot well in advance.
If they are, I hope Antifa won't be participating this time, so there isn't violence. I doubt Antifa will be interested as they did terrify the Congress members enough to not let those that wanted an audit of the votes to not have that. Obviously, there was cheating, and they were desperate enough to infiltrate the peaceful group to move the agenda of the left forward. Sadly, our elected officials have no backbone when it comes to standing up for our country.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-...-riot-sources/

"The infiltrators were recognized due to their participation in New York City demonstrations, and were believed to have joined in the rioting so that Trump would get blamed, the source said."

And, the Washington Times bowed to censorship, but got it right in the beginning:

"A Washington Times report initially claimed two other protesters were actually Philadelphia-based Antifa members — citing a retired military officer with access to facial recognition software — but the outlet deleted the article after the software company told Buzzfeed News that the story was “outright false.”

I think we know who incited the violence, and it was not OUR President!

http://video.parler.com/Nu/31/Nu31z2WsqaWr.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OscCpfv9HyU

Old 01-09-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmountains View Post
It was Trump supporters that broke into the capital, not antifa.
It was ANTIFA who destroyed a police building, not Trumpers

Old 01-09-2021, 09:42 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It was ANTIFA who destroyed a police building, not Trumpers
It was trumplettes. You know it, we all know it. Take responsibility for once

Old 01-09-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmountains View Post
Antifa did not attempt to overthrow the federal government.
Trumpers did not attempt to create an autonomous zone in Seattle after destroying a police building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.