Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2021, 02:34 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,753,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
I have to laugh at the Dems, any time President Trump said something sarcastically you took him literally, now you can’t find him telling protesters to “storm the Capital building” so any sentence he said will do. Perhaps he was blinking out some secret code with his eyes.
Wow....it took DAYS longer than I thought it would for us to get to the "he was only joking!" level of denial!

Words have consequences. He got IMPEACHED for it. I mean, I know he's a raving idiot but shouldn't someone tell him he's not funny and he should stop trying to be at this point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 02:41 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
I have to laugh at the Dems, any time President Trump said something sarcastically you took him literally, now you can’t find him telling protesters to “storm the Capital building” so any sentence he said will do. Perhaps he was blinking out some secret code with his eyes.
Well , another poster is telling me Lin Wood is plotting the insurrection. So it must be Trump, Alex Jones, and Lin Wood , they are the ones planning the coup.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:41 PM

2,554 posts, read 2,741,423 times
Really do words have consequences?

The quote attributed to Harris, that "protesters should not let up,"

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., is quoted as saying: "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere."

According to the post, Pressley, D-Mass., said of the Black Lives Matter protests that "there needs to be unrest in the streets."

These are comments made during 2020 rioting. I could go on and on etc etc.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Really do words have consequences?

The quote attributed to Harris, that "protesters should not let up,"

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., is quoted as saying: "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere."

According to the post, Pressley, D-Mass., said of the Black Lives Matter protests that "there needs to be unrest in the streets."

These are comments made during 2020 rioting. I could go on and on etc etc.
Don't forget, our new VP also stated this.

"the greatest movements in our history have been the power of the people , to take to the streets and force their government to address what is wrong"

It could be said that these individuals that stormed the Capitol feel this way. Just like the many people that rioted for months felt the government needed to address what is wrong.

I don't condone any of it, but it seems like we have individuals that do condone it only if their team is doing it....and that is the left.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:18 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

"the greatest movements in our history have been the power of the people , to take to the streets and force their government to address what is wrong"

It could be said that these individuals that stormed the Capitol feel this way. Just like the many people that rioted for months felt the government needed to address what is wrong.

I don't condone any of it, but it seems like we have individuals that do condone it only if their team is doing it....and that is the left.
I agree I don't condone it from either side but the Democrats are such hypocrites, aren't they?

Old 01-11-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree I don't condone it from either side but the Democrats are such hypocrites, aren't they?
Nothing new though. At least they are consistent.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:43 PM

2,554 posts, read 2,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
YES

Meanwhile they waste more time with impeachment for their political agenda.
People are dying everyday from the virus. Their only job right now should be getting with their state governments and getting the vaccine distribution expedited.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:57 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,813,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

I'm sorry but does anybody see the difference between protesting because black people are being killed unjustly by police officers vs storming the capitol building because your guy didn't get re-elected. I'm not condoning the looting on either side, but I have to say one cause seemed more noble than the other.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:10 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,708 times
LOL. A hoard of people show up waving Trump flags and people are like "how do we know Trump sent them?"

hahahahaha

Old 01-11-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I'm sorry but does anybody see the difference between protesting because black people are being killed unjustly by police officers vs storming the capitol building because your guy didn't get re-elected. I'm not condoning the looting on either side, but I have to say one cause seemed more noble than the other.
At least get the comparison right.

A group of one side believes black people are being killed unjustly by the police.

A group of one side believes the election is fraudulent, manipulated by the deep state to keep Trump from being re elected.

Both pretty serious topics....if you believe in them , don't you think ? Neither are true though. Or are they ?
That is the problem, no one can change the minds of people that believe these things though, regardless of any kind of facts being presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies