Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 08:14 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting, some of that verbiage seems like it would apply to those individuals that held up the Kavanaugh hearing. Or the ones that overtook the WI capitol and decided to camp out for a few days. Or the ones that tried to break into, and burn down ,for like a month, the Federal court building in Portland.

I don't remember the media uproar for any of those instances. I wonder if they were rounded up and convicted ?
Deflection aside, it's a fair point. Doesn't mean a thing when we're discussing last Wednesday, but it's a fair point. I mean, in my life I don't remember all the court cases where the murderer said "Well, you didn't prosecute whoever killed so and so, so I get to walk on this charge." or "Hey, there were 300 burglaries last year and I only did 75! Since you didn't catch the people who did the other 225, I get to walk, right?"

If we take your examples as blanket fact, no argument on merit....it still says and does nothing to showcase how the people from last Wednesday, those arrested and those to BE arrested are seditionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 08:19 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
At least get the comparison right.

A group of one side believes black people are being killed unjustly by the police.
Well they don't so much "believe" as it is a fact. I know there's a lot of consipiracy theorists who don't believe in "facts" but unfortunately for them, they do exist.

Quote:
A group of one side believes the election is fraudulent, manipulated by the deep state to keep Trump from being re elected.
And this would be a conspiracy theory, not based in any facts whatsoever, since there has been zero evidence of this. I'll tell ya, if the democrats stole the election, they must be way smarter than those republicans because they didn't leave a shred of evidence behind!

Quote:
Both pretty serious topics....if you believe in them , don't you think ? Neither are true though. Or are they ?
That is the problem, no one can change the minds of people that believe these things though, regardless of any kind of facts being presented.
It's a shame some can't differentiate fact from fiction

Old 01-12-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Neither cause is justification for violence. Last summer wasn't just protesting it was violence, looting, rioting, burning and killing. Surely you know the difference!
If you read my post carefully, you'll see I stated I did not condone the looting on either side.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:22 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Interesting, some of that verbiage seems like it would apply to those individuals that held up the Kavanaugh hearing. Or the ones that overtook the WI capitol and decided to camp out for a few days. Or the ones that tried to break into, and burn down ,for like a month, the Federal court building in Portland.

I don't remember the media uproar for any of those instances. I wonder if they were rounded up and convicted ?
Of course not the left and the media are hypocrites! It's been proven over and over.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:48 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,088,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Sorry, snowflake. I've been "right" well before that clown and his MAGA followers.

I'll ask you again, in plain English, does someone need to utter the words "lets incite violence" to be guilty of inciting violence?

I don't want to hear what the left "spouts". I don't want to hear your views on "reality", chief. I want a yes/no answer to the question.
He said go to the capital and show strength. His tone and tweets obviously allude to unruly actions. Idiots just took the bait and did it for him.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:56 AM

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times

A group of one side believes black people are being killed unjustly by the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Well they don't so much "believe" as it is a fact. I know there's a lot of consipiracy theorists who don't believe in "facts" but unfortunately for them, they do exist.

Just because you say it and think it doesn't make it true.

A group of one side believes the election is fraudulent, manipulated by the deep state to keep Trump from being re elected.

And this would be a conspiracy theory, not based in any facts whatsoever, since there has been zero evidence of this. I'll tell ya, if the democrats stole the election, they must be way smarter than those republicans because they didn't leave a shred of evidence behind!

I don't believe it either.

It's a shame some can't differentiate fact from fiction
Agreed, and you should follow your own advice. Here is the thing though, you feel just as strongly about the first topic as these individuals fell about the latter. And there are plenty of alleged "facts" out there that can be fore or against either one. You are standing your ground on your topic, whether you are right or wrong, because that is truly how you feel, yet expect those individuals to not do the same as you.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Deflection aside, it's a fair point. Doesn't mean a thing when we're discussing last Wednesday, but it's a fair point. I mean, in my life I don't remember all the court cases where the murderer said "Well, you didn't prosecute whoever killed so and so, so I get to walk on this charge." or "Hey, there were 300 burglaries last year and I only did 75! Since you didn't catch the people who did the other 225, I get to walk, right?"

If we take your examples as blanket fact, no argument on merit....it still says and does nothing to showcase how the people from last Wednesday, those arrested and those to BE arrested are seditionists.
Yes they broke the law, and will be tried as "seditionists", because that is what the law states. If you really believe the guy with the fur coat and horned hat, the guy that had his legs kicked up on Pelosi's desk, and the woman that was killed woke up that morning , collaborated , and conspired to overthrow the US government that day , you are completely ignorant. These people were nothing more than unhinged opportunists. They are no more seditionists, than the two attorneys that firebombed a cop car at an anti police riot are domestic terrorists. Their actions might have placed them in that category but they weren't apart of some terrorist cell out to kill cops.
Go ahead, keep clutching those pearls, spew that faux outrage and count yourself lucky that you survived the attempted hostile takeover of the US government. LOL

Old 01-12-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Agreed, and you should follow your own advice. Here is the thing though, you feel just as strongly about the first topic as these individuals fell about the latter. And there are plenty of alleged "facts" out there that can be fore or against either one. You are standing your ground on your topic, whether you are right or wrong, because that is truly how you feel, yet expect those individuals to not do the same as you.
Fact: George Floyd was killed unjustly by a police officer. It's on video, you can watch and see for yourself. It's not an "alleged" fact, it's a fact.

If you can present evidence that the election was stolen, then by all means do so.

This is a matter of making up a story to promote your own agenda. Had Trump won, there wouldn't be a peep about voter fraud. If voter fraud indeed existed, it wouldn't be one sided I can assure you.

When Hillary lost to Trump (by the electoral vote, not popular vote), nobody said the election was stolen. Nobody question the validity of the election. Why can't Trump and his MAGA folk admit defeat now? For goodness sake they won't even take responsibility for what happened last Wednesday, instead they blame in on Antifa and BLM, give me a break!

Old 01-12-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Fact: George Floyd was killed unjustly by a police officer. It's on video, you can watch and see for yourself. It's not an "alleged" fact, it's a fact.

If you can present evidence that the election was stolen, then by all means do so.

This is a matter of making up a story to promote your own agenda. Had Trump won, there wouldn't be a peep about voter fraud. If voter fraud indeed existed, it wouldn't be one sided I can assure you.

When Hillary lost to Trump (by the electoral vote, not popular vote), nobody said the election was stolen. Nobody question the validity of the election. Why can't Trump and his MAGA folk admit defeat now? For goodness sake they won't even take responsibility for what happened last Wednesday, instead they blame in on Antifa and BLM, give me a break!
My original statement :

George Floyd, a single individual is not the entire black race. What happened to him is horrible, and should never happen , but this is not the norm. Black people are not being killed unjustly by the police.
Are there instances of people of all races being killed unjustly by the police, yes. This is not the norm though.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:05 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Yes they broke the law, and will be tried as "seditionists", because that is what the law states. If you really believe the guy with the fur coat and horned hat, the guy that had his legs kicked up on Pelosi's desk, and the woman that was killed woke up that morning , collaborated , and conspired to overthrow the US government that day , you are completely ignorant. These people were nothing more than unhinged opportunists. They are no more seditionists, than the two attorneys that firebombed a cop car at an anti police riot are domestic terrorists. Their actions might have placed them in that category but they weren't apart of some terrorist cell out to kill cops.
Go ahead, keep clutching those pearls, spew that faux outrage and count yourself lucky that you survived the attempted hostile takeover of the US government. LOL
Or you know, I could look at the actual law. You know, the thing apparently ignorant people like me look at while clutching our pearls....

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

1) More than two people
2) If you want to argue their intent, have at it BUT "oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States" is indisputable.
3) as for "by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof" I guess those clowns who thought taking the lectern or the laptops or the mail or pieces of Pelosi's sign and going on social media with them are feeling a little...culpable.
So, you can be as dismissive or insulting as you want,. but there is the law and I've pointed out where EXACTLY they broke it. Republicans are supposed to be the party of responsibility (or at least they were when I joined, when we use to own mobile home parks and not just mobile homes) and Trump was the "Law & Order" President. So really, it's time to just admit the law is clear as are the penalties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies