Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 12:09 PM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
None of this addresses the specific, simple question that was asked. You've written three responses so far, and none of them answers the question.
Sorry I'm totally new here. I, like you, really want to get to the bottom of this. President Trump has led with integrity and has only offered thoughtful, calm words during the last 4 years. He is well known for "crossing the aisle" with a well timed compliment to his foes.

The great President has repeatedly said how his base is "highly educated" and he loves the highly educated voter. This is also why the President knows the best words and speaks like a gentleman, and a scholar, and not at a 6th grade level as alleged.

There is copious evidence of the President speaking calmly and rationally to his highly educated crowd, and he never uttered the words "I'll march with you to the Capitol" and he was adamant with his followers that calmness, logic and reason will prevail during these times.

Furthermore, as a patriot, he praised Vice President Pence for being loyal to the U.S. Constitution. He would never stand in a white tent with his family and watch as his intelligent, peaceful followers attempt to politely disrupt the proceedings.

Finally, prior to getting suspended from Twitter, he never tweeted that Mike Pence failed to "do the right thing".

So, just like you I am super confused at how our intelligent, charismatic, not bankrupt, under audit, P***y grabbing, flag hugging, Jesus loving president is accused of inciting violence.

Now back to reality: Curious, in your mind, does someone need to EXPLICITY state "let's incite violence" to be guilty of inciting violence? Or are you willfully being obtuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Sorry I'm totally new here. I, like you, really want to get to the bottom of this. President Trump has led with integrity and has only offered thoughtful, calm words during the last 4 years. He is well known for "crossing the aisle" with a well timed compliment to his foes.

The great President has repeatedly said how his base is "highly educated" and he loves the highly educated voter. This is also why the President knows the best words and speaks like a gentleman, and a scholar, and not at a 6th grade level as alleged.

There is copious evidence of the President speaking calmly and rationally to his highly educated crowd, and he never uttered the words "I'll march with you to the Capitol" and he was adamant with his followers that calmness, logic and reason will prevail during these times.

Furthermore, as a patriot, he praised Vice President Pence for being loyal to the U.S. Constitution. He would never stand in a white tent with his family and watch as his intelligent, peaceful followers attempt to politely disrupt the proceedings.

Finally, prior to getting suspended from Twitter, he never tweeted that Mike Pence failed to "do the right thing".

So, just like you I am super confused at how our intelligent, charismatic, not bankrupt, under audit, P***y grabbing, flag hugging, Jesus loving president is accused of inciting violence.

Now back to reality: Curious, in your mind, does someone need to EXPLICITY state "let's incite violence" to be guilty of inciting violence? Or are you willfully being obtuse?
You are asking from even a shred of honesty and objectivity from a bunch that is so blinded by hatred for the devil liberal/Democrat that they sold their souls for a con man like Trump.

This is the culmination of 40 years of talk radio echo chamber screaming. Trump is the messiah of the talk radio fan, and right wing blogs are their modern technological offset for the younger crowd. You have a handful of folks here who are obvious disciples of this medium . They think they are clever with their denials and diversions because their heroes on the radio use the same tactics. No one is being tricked.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:20 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times

Oooooookay, then. You seem to be a....."different" sort of person. Yet one who spouts the same old crap from the left: anyone who you don't agree with politically who says things that you don't like is inciting violence. Sorry, chief. It doesn't work that way.

It's pretty funny, though, someone as bizarre as you are telling others about "reality."

Old 01-09-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They think they are clever with their denials and diversions because their heroes on the radio use the same tactics. No one is being tricked.
Haha I know, right? It's pretty easy on the radio when you're the only one in the studio.

But to try that on here while discussing things with people who have a brain AND can think for themselves...get out. This isn't a MAGA rally.

And for a group who calls themselves patriots they would rather argue about "show me when Trump told the people to break into the Capitol" rather than say the group of MAGA who did that are NOT patriots and they should be punished.

It's like riding the crazy train with them. Party of back the blue and law and order. Unless it pertains to them.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Oooooookay, then. You seem to be a....."different" sort of person. Yet one who spouts the same old crap from the left: anyone who you don't agree with politically who says things that you don't like is inciting violence. Sorry, chief. It doesn't work that way.

It's pretty funny, though, someone as bizarre as you are telling others about "reality."
Sorry, snowflake. I've been "right" well before that clown and his MAGA followers.

I'll ask you again, in plain English, does someone need to utter the words "lets incite violence" to be guilty of inciting violence?

I don't want to hear what the left "spouts". I don't want to hear your views on "reality", chief. I want a yes/no answer to the question.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:29 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Maybe when he said this ?

"the greatest movements in our history have been the power of the people , to take to the streets and force their government to address what is wrong"
Taking to the streets does not necessarily equate to committing violence. You can take to the streets and protest peacefully. No way should that statement be twisted to mean that Trump meant to become violent. Those who did need to look inward for what they did. We are all only responsible for our own actions. No one forces us to do anything even if it is "claimed" that it was encouraged. It is you yourself who makes the move!

Old 01-09-2021, 12:31 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
If you read any of the MAGA mob's posts or comments on their various forums, they say that Trump ordered them, called for them, sent them, etc.

Pretty amazing coincidence that so many people understood the same thing that Trump apologists are now insisting he didn't mean.

By the way "He didn't specifically tell them to do that" was the argument made by Charles Manson's defense team.
Good point.

The heart of it is that Trump knew damn well beyond a shadow of a doubt that the election was not "stolen". He also knows he's talking to a bunch of dancing monkeys who follow him who DO believe the election was stolen because HE HIMSELF tricked them into believing it was.

All he had to do was work that belief to get them going. He did it for his own entertainment, and people died.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:32 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Sorry, snowflake. I've been "right" well before that clown and his MAGA followers.

I'll ask you again, in plain English, does someone need to utter the words "lets incite violence" to be guilty of inciting violence?

I don't want to hear what the left "spouts". I don't want to hear your views on "reality", chief. I want a yes/no answer to the question.
Hehehheh, so the nuthouse has internet service, huh? Well, that's nice, I guess.

Yes, in order for it to be said that someone told people to storm a building for him, that person must have told people to storm a building for him. It's pretty basic logic. Now don't bother to respond with 20 lines worth of bizarre sentences, I'm done with you.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Hehehheh, so the nuthouse has internet service, huh? Well, that's nice, I guess.

Yes, in order for it to be said that someone told people to storm a building for him, that person must have told people to storm a building for him. It's pretty basic logic. Now don't bother to respond with 20 lines worth of bizarre sentences, I'm done with you.
OK congrats for thinking how that works.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:38 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
If you read any of the MAGA mob's posts or comments on their various forums, they say that Trump ordered them, called for them, sent them, etc.

Pretty amazing coincidence that so many people understood the same thing that Trump apologists are now insisting he didn't mean.

By the way "He didn't specifically tell them to do that" was the argument made by Charles Manson's defense team.
Perhaps you could provide a link to these so called MAGA mob's posts that indicate that Trump "ordered" them to commit violence? How do you even know they were Trump supporters but leftists posing as them? Besides as I said, we are all only responsible for our own actions. If you think you have been encouraged to commit violence and you do it is you that is fault. We all have thinking brains you know and know the difference between right and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies