Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 06:55 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
100% of the people who forced their way into the Capitol were Antifa? They just dressed up with Trump shirts, carried Trump signs, had Qanon symbols and Rebel flags? I bet the dude in the horns was the Antifa grand poohbah!
No, the entire group wasn't Antifa, but it has been confirmed that one man was.

Remember that case in Provo Utah where an Antifa crowd blocked traffic and one of them walked up and shot a driver in the head? The Antifa person in question was in that crowd.

Whether it's five or five thousand, it's very interesting that rather than the usual counter-protest, Antifa infiltrated the Trump supporter crowd. What do you suppose they were doing? Were they doing like "umbrella guy" and trying to make the group look as bad as possible? Were they the ones with the bright idea of charging the Capital building? Good questions and we don't have answers for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 06:57 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,740,722 times
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Trump boot-lickers tried to turn their failed coup debacle around and pin it on the Left. They expect everyone else to accept responsibility for their actions but that rule doesn't apply to them for whatever reason.

Give it up, Trumpies. You own this and there's no getting out of it. Your compatriots are being fired from their jobs and arrested as we speak. If anything, you guys should be celebrating this since you claim to support law and order.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:11 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Trump boot-lickers tried to turn their failed coup debacle around and pin it on the Left. They expect everyone else to accept responsibility for their actions but that rule doesn't apply to them for whatever reason.

Give it up, Trumpies. You own this and there's no getting out of it. Your compatriots are being fired from their jobs and arrested as we speak. If anything, you guys should be celebrating this since you claim to support law and order.
As a matter of consistency, the Republicans must and have denounced the riot. But it is quite curious that the Left is so very hypocritical, insisting that their violent extremists are "peaceful protesters" while denouncing exactly the same behavior when the "other team" does it.

If you condemned BLM and Antifa for their rampage of violence and destruction, good for you. If you didn't then that's pretty damned hypocritical.

My position? Violence is always bad. Politically driven violence is especially dangerous and intolerable. So why the holy hell did the Left praise six months of violence and chaos by BLM/Antifa, but six hours of it on the Right is the worst thing that ever happened ever?? Why is there a Black Lives Matter Plaza, Black Lives Matter streets, etc.? If you actively endorse groups who engage in rampant violence, then you're in no position to criticize it when somebody else does the same things.

The path to sanity is condemning political violence no matter what, and treating those guilty of it in exactly the same way. I have yet to see any indication that the Democrats will even attempt to rise above their own ridiculous hypocrisy.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:16 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
with the left who keeps this hate war up we are going to retaliate like you will not even believe. If the left wants war they will get war.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:27 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,740,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As a matter of consistency, the Republicans must and have denounced the riot. But it is quite curious that the Left is so very hypocritical, insisting that their violent extremists are "peaceful protesters" while denouncing exactly the same behavior when the "other team" does it.

If you condemned BLM and Antifa for their rampage of violence and destruction, good for you. If you didn't then that's pretty damned hypocritical.

My position? Violence is always bad. Politically driven violence is especially dangerous and intolerable. So why the holy hell did the Left praise six months of violence and chaos by BLM/Antifa, but six hours of it on the Right is the worst thing that ever happened ever?? Why is there a Black Lives Matter Plaza, Black Lives Matter streets, etc.? If you actively endorse groups who engage in rampant violence, then you're in no position to criticize it when somebody else does the same things.

The path to sanity is condemning political violence no matter what, and treating those guilty of it in exactly the same way. I have yet to see any indication that the Democrats will even attempt to rise above their own ridiculous hypocrisy.
I denounce violence whoever commits it, be it Trump supporters or ANTIFA. But an assault on our nation's capitol goes far beyond anything most Americans are willing to stomach. I know this sounds bad but I'd much rather ANTIFA, Proud Boys, etc. vandalize or what have you than try and do what Trump supporters did the other day.

Their actions were a coup attempt plain and simple. Their intention was to install their choice for President over the wishes of the vast majority of law abiding American citizens. That's a threat to our very way of life.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:44 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,664,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post

You mean supporting chaos and disorder as well as the killing of a US Capitol cop!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/polit...led/index.html

Old 01-09-2021, 07:44 PM

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Well, you folk are calling for the heads of those breaking into the capital... except some, it seems.

Some animals are more equal than others.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:00 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,446,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Oh look, more pretending that right wing activists are credible sources of information.
Why are they any less credible than left wing activists?

Old 01-09-2021, 08:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,446,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman99 View Post
you mean supporting chaos and disorder as well as the killing of a us capitol cop!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/polit...led/index.html
cnn lol Did you speak against BLM and ANTIFA when they were destroying cities, government building and killing people? Somehow I don't it.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:09 PM

18,514 posts, read 8,331,509 times
reminder kids....when confronted by cops at a riot....claim you're a reporter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies