Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 07:52 PM

5,049 posts, read 3,953,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Lots of people weren't arrested that should have been. Including him. He's the only one you seem upset about.

Not aware of any folks who have been positively identified as trespassing NOT charged with trespassing except Mr. Sullivan. He’s actually confessed on TV to climbing in and trespassing. Just because he’s a known BLM activist doesn’t mean he should escape justice.

He was about 8 feet from the woman who was shot and was one of about a dozen other trespassers at that hasty barricade. (Easy to spot him in the films circulating out there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 11:53 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trespassing... trespassing is bad... he breeched the Capitol like everyone else who did and talked about it on CNN.

Two sets of laws here?
Not really surprised, are you? Antifa are embraced and supported by the progressives-they will never be held accountable for their crimes.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:55 PM

24,609 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Of course he will be let of to burn and destroy for the summer of 2021. They will need him to carry out their dirty work toward conservative targets.
Then he’ll cash out on an 8 figure gofundme.

Antifa is a sweet gig if you can get it.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Show us the footage where this John Sullivan guy is telling all the peaceful patriots " break the doors down"
Here is one example but this is not exactly what you were asking for. However this was just the first example that I knew where to find it in the video.

[url]https://youtu.be/PfiS8MsfSF4?t=1990[/url]
At 33:15 you can here him say he has a knife. He says this a few time throughout the video. At about 34:30 he starts yelling "go, go! Let's go! Get this sh*t!"
Just before that he convinced the police officers to leave by pretty much scaring them by telling them that he has watched so many other people out there get hurt.
About 40 seconds after he convinced the police officers to walk away which leaves the doors and windows unmanned, the woman is shot.
Over the next few minutes he works the crowd up by repeating many times things like "she's dead", "I saw the light go out in her eyes", "You all about to shoot everybody? You all going to shoot everybody?"

There is quite a bit throughout the video that is more than just trying to blend in. He even recorded himself breaking a window that he edits out in all but the first video. It is easy to miss that he broke the window but he actually did. Start at 13:30 and watch the lower left window as he walks up. Pay attention to the audio and watch the window carefully at 14:10 to 14:16. A few seconds later he admits hitting the window which you can hear him doing 5 times until the window breaks. [url]https://youtu.be/PfiS8MsfSF4?t=810[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
And the innocent "Patriots" had no other choice but to follow what some random black dude is saying

show us the footage of that

"yer honor I'm innocent, me and the boys we're peacefully supporting our great president but then this strange black man told us to break in so we had to do it, I'm innocent I tell ya. I didn't want to steal Pelosi's laptop but the black man told me to take it"
He worked the crowd/mob the whole time in an effort to incite actual violence and destruction. President Trump did not tell people to break into the Capitol building nor to be violent. His speech was quite calm especially if compared to what we heard over the summer from public figures, media outlets, and people that hold government positions.

Why is it okay to attack private citizens and businesses while destroying everything in their path for months but a few hours in a single afternoon gets more coverage than we saw all summer from the protest, excuse me, riots?

I think what happened at the Capitol building was horrible but I also understand that the number of people that committed these crimes were an extremely small percentage of the protesters that went there to show they care and do so peacefully which the majority did. We keep seeing the same few pieces of zoomed in footage but little to none of the larger picture.

The people that entered the building forcefully and/or destroyed properly and/or committed violent acts should be prosecuted. If Trump is responsible then the public figures, media outlets, and people that hold government positions that praised rioters over the summer should also be held responsible for the Capitol building attacks since they were the ones that made people think it was okay and what should be done if wanting to fight for a good cause.
I don't really think the public figures, media outlets, and people that hold government positions who praised the protestors and rioters over the summer are responsible for the attack on the Capitol building but I also do not think Trump is responsible for the actions of the relatively small number of people that participated in the non-peaceful acts.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:44 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
The ones that did the looting and vandalizing were arrested and prosecuted. Black Lives Matter is about achieving basic civil rights, protesting higher police brutality rates against minorities, and trying to achieve racial equality... has nothing to do with violently overthrowing congress (insurrection) like the Storming of the US Capitol....fomented by sociopathic Trump lies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

What is interesting is the number of people arrested at the Capitol that were also arrested in the DC George Floyd riots.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:05 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,339,567 times
Default Report: BLM Activist Involved in Capitol Incursion Arrested, Charged

https://www.westernjournal.com/repor...9db16f8dc9d3ed

Quote:
A Black Lives Matter activist who faces charges in Utah over a counter-protest he allegedly led against a pro-police group has been arrested and charged in connection with last week’s Capitol incursion, the Department of Justice said Thursday.

John Earle Sullivan is the founder of a group called Insurgence USA, which says its goals are “to end police brutality” and “to empower and uplifting black and indigenous voices.”

“We want to build local powers to enable the community to intervene in violence enacted by the state and government vigilantes,” the group’s website says.

I'm sure that there might be more

Old 01-14-2021, 11:10 PM

507 posts, read 187,397 times
Cool, I hope every single person involved in the invasion is arrested and tried, it's gonna be ALOT of MAGA though.

Old 01-15-2021, 04:25 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,761 times
Default Breaking John Sullivan: Antifa leader Caught Disguising Himself as Trump Supporter, Inciting Violence at the Capitol

I bet our fake new media won’t touch this story with a 10 foot pole.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/john-sullivan...violence-54920

Old 01-15-2021, 04:36 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
You seriously need to wake up. I am exhausted by the refusal to see what trump supporters have done.

Old 01-15-2021, 04:38 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I bet our fake new media won’t touch this story with a 10 foot pole.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/john-sullivan...violence-54920
Wow another crazy post from you.

Our fake news media was reporting this exact story 24 hours after the building was attacked. I was hoping to see something new. In fact this so far has been the only antifa guy I've seen reported to be there.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lef...n-capitol-riot

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/utah-m...document-riot/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Building.html

So what were you saying about fake news media not covering it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies