Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 11:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times

Advertisements

Where were you on Jan 6th?

Old 01-09-2021, 12:02 PM

141 posts, read 83,921 times
For 2016 I would have much rather voted for Mitt than Trump, but the powers that be decided to run Trump against Hilary. Just like the powers that be (DNC) decided to run Hilary instead of someone that was reasonable, the RNC decided the only person that could beat her was Trump. If we keep having these polar fringy candidates, it will attract the polar fringy candidates on the other side. The only reason Biden was chosen is because, demographically speaking, he was the only one that DNC thought could beat Trump.

Same thing happens on State level, just look at that spoiled rich brat conspiracy bro Josh Hawley claiming to be everyman's candidate in MO. The disaffected rednecks just ate it up because he spouted nonsense that sounded good to them.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:06 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Are you old enough to remember President Nixon's impeachment?
No, but I am old enough to remember that Nixon resigned before the House could impeach him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Clearly, she thinks half of all voting Americans are too stupid, or morally inferior, or deplorable, or whatever, to voice their opinion in an election.
Ah, victimhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Where were you on Jan 6th?
Apologizing for Trump's seditious actions.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:06 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Are you old enough to remember President Nixon's impeachment? That was a serious proceeding done by serious people. They got facts. They spent nearly 3 months doing hearings. Pelosi and Schiff are absolute clowns running a clown show. They have done irreparable damage to the country with their half-assed impeachment reality TV shows.
The GOP should have done their job and held exactly the kind of real trial you speak so fondly of back in January. They refused. And here we are.

And we've already got the facts. Millions upon millions of people around the globe watched the facts as they unfolded. No need for long drawn out process when sedition and inciting insurrection is staring us right in the face. This time, it just has to get done.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:07 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Are you old enough to remember President Nixon's impeachment? That was a serious proceeding done by serious people. They got facts. They spent nearly 3 months doing hearings. Pelosi and Schiff are absolute clowns running a clown show. They have done irreparable damage to the country with their half-assed impeachment reality TV shows.
Not really. You’re just blinded by bias.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,953,728 times
He wouldn't win again, if he ran, so yeah, the voters should indeed get to elect who they want. This go 'round, they wanted Biden.

Trump's toast.

But the worst part is his extremely destructive campaigning. That is what makes it worthwhile to impeach him in the last few days that option is available.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
One has to be a serious mental midget if one would want trump as president again.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Pelosi is afraid of Trump not because he is a loose cannon, a non politician that doesn't bow to the norms but she is the most afraid of The People that got behind Trump and his Pro American dreams.

There is a divide in this country that the Democrats started and it is as basic as this.

The Democrats = Anti American Policies

Trump = America and her People First.
It's pretty American to break into the capitol building while it's in session, injuring cops who are trying to ensure safety,
killing one, poop in the hallways, steal stuff and break stuff and scatter files, while running through the halls trying to kick in office doors to zip tie lawmakers.

Yeah, the American way.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:17 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Quote:
Are you old enough to remember President Nixon's impeachment? That was a serious proceeding done by serious people. They got facts. They spent nearly 3 months doing hearings.
We are a LONG way from the civility of the past. Nixon resigned for the good of the country after he was impeached, Trump instead advocated open insurrection and fed his supporters dangerous lies.

If only Trump could be as good as Nixon. If only he cared about this country at all, we would not be where we are today.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I don't recall seeing that - link?
It has to do with the wording of the associated Impeachment Clauses. So, Article II, section 4 of the Constitution states that the president, vice president and all civil officers "shall be removed from office" if they are impeached and convicted. Article I, section 3, clause 7, on the other hand says “judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

What this means is that because of the word “shall”, if convicted they must be removed from office - no options. However, the other clause doesn’t have such definitive wording, meaning there is no requirement that they be disqualified to hold office again but that is an option that can be considered.

Additionally the constitution stipulates that it take 2/3 of the Senate to convict but since there is no constitutional stipulation of the required vote to disqualify that has been interpreted as only needing a simple majority.

I think everyone can agree it only makes sense that if the Democrats can convince 16 Republican senators to join them in convicting him they won’t hesitate to disqualify him from future office even if it means 50 (D) + VP Harris for and 50 (R) against. And, ahem, it won’t be 50 (R) against - Romney, at minimum, will join them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies