Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 01:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,211,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Heck she probably would rather just take out Nancy. She is scary - not Nancy
I find stupid people usually are ...then give them some power ---whether Crossing guard, security guard ...doesn't matter...watch out!
But, God blessem --ya can't change stupid.

(10 yrs I had a stupid dog...wow...what a difference from the smart breeds!)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 01-14-2021 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 02:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,211,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
No, that's not it. If during the takeover of the United States Capitol she was tweeting the locations of various key offices, we shouldn't be calling for her resignation.
We should be calling for her arrest.
If true you are so correct!!!!!

Old 01-14-2021, 02:09 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,614,042 times
Time to go? HAH too funny, shows how triggered they are

I wonder when the left will realize conservatives just elected their own AOC

Old 01-14-2021, 02:30 PM

13,256 posts, read 8,339,924 times
My grand dad would call her a real whippersnapper. Fiesty and mildly petulant.
I was turned off by her the moment she played the : Lil ole me, petite and light weight. Why I must have a gun for that reason alone.

I am her height and stature. Self defense and some mindly discipline is effective .
Her tongue is her flaw.

Her grandstanding is playbook 101 for deflection . If she stuck with the current charge she would quickly understand how this insurrection was accomplished.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,428,649 times
She has every right to carry her gun in DC and in Chambers. I guess democrats want to take away rights. The metal detector is just grandstanding by Pelosi.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:48 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,038,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
She has every right to carry her gun in DC and in Chambers. I guess democrats want to take away rights. The metal detector is just grandstanding by Pelosi.
you mean besides the existing laws that prevent her from doing so?

What exactly is her right to be above the law, just because she doesn't like them?

Old 01-14-2021, 02:52 PM

17,639 posts, read 13,457,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I listened to this freshman Republican rep during the impeachment proceedings yesterday. At first I thought she was trying to mimic Sarah Palin. She was loud & crude with a very disrespectful and irreverent manner.

I searched and found an article on her yesterday, in the NYT. Not to my surprise it was titled:
A Republican Lawmaker for Whom the Spectacle Is the Point:
Rep. Lauren Boebert represents an increasingly clamorous faction of the party that carries Mr. Trump’s anti-establishment message and is ready to break all norms in doing so.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/us/politics/lauren-boebert-republican.html

After reading about her, she seems the perfect symbol of Trumpism. She is an emotional child for whom grievance, disruption and attention are the objectives, and productive, serious effort to effectively govern our country is impossible.
Can't rep this post but this is exactly what I see happening. Palin kind of started it and Trump perfected the resonant tone that a certain percentage of the population responds to.

Essentially stealing the rhetoric and style of the old southern democrats like Huey Long, George Wallace and Lester Maddox. And basically this new breed of Republican is appealing to the progeny of those old democrats from a couple of generations ago.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:59 PM

5,270 posts, read 3,135,836 times
Quote:
Please provide proof.

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:26 PM

12,048 posts, read 10,183,455 times
Quote:
Not in session. Has to stay in their office.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:09 AM

29,175 posts, read 22,167,290 times
Quote:
A gun isn't allowed in a courtroom. Why, then, should a gun be allowed in a chamber where the law is made?

In a court, everyone is protected by the bailiff. In a congressional chamber, everyone is protected by the Sergeant At Arms. These positions were created so that the people in a courtroom or in congress did not have to carry arms to be protected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies