Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And when twitter suspends Biden, will you feel the same?
I pray to God that Biden is rarely, IF EVER, on twitter for any reason.

Maybe a holiday wish or two to all.

That's IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 09:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Well , the Chinese people in Hong Kong found out too how powerful the Communists are so what is the difference? You think because a totalitarian government is healthy if everyone thinks the same and the free thinkers should be removed just like a good communist would think.

A Rose by any other name is still a rose. Those that do the same as a communist are a communist no matter if the name is the democrat party. Totalitarian press, tech giants which are globalists before Americans.. you better wake up to see their true intent.
China is now using Trump's failed coup of the violent overthrow of the election - TO JUSTIFY cracking down on Hong Kong.

To the tune of . . See? Democracy doesn't work.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:10 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You as a private citizen can't walk into Target and advocate circumventing the Constitution at the top of your lungs without being shown the door by store security.

Twitter etc. are no different.
Back before Covid at the McDonalds near me each morning a group of about 10 retired men would meet there in the morning and take up a few tables in the corner. This was something common at many McDonalds. They would talk politics, sports, whatever. McDonalds tolerated them because they were paying customers and were not bothering anyone. Now imagine half of them start yelling at people in line and ranting about how they want to overthrow Washington to keep Trump in power by whatever means necessary. My guess is McDonalds would ban them. Which a private business can do.

Twitter, Facebook, etc are no different. They have rules in place for behavior. Advocating the violent overthrow of our government should never be ok. Never.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:17 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Back before Covid at the McDonalds near me each morning a group of about 10 retired men would meet there in the morning and take up a few tables in the corner. This was something common at many McDonalds. They would talk politics, sports, whatever. McDonalds tolerated them because they were paying customers and were not bothering anyone. Now imagine half of them start yelling at people in line and ranting about how they want to overthrow Washington to keep Trump in power by whatever means necessary. My guess is McDonalds would ban them. Which a private business can do.

Twitter, Facebook, etc are no different. They have rules in place for behavior. Advocating the violent overthrow of our government should never be ok. Never.
It also shouldn't be allowed for advocating the assassination of the President of the United States regardless of who he is, but it was and never shut down.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It also shouldn't be allowed for advocating the assassination of the President of the United States regardless of who he is, but it was and never shut down.

If Trump voters want to grab a sign go to a street corner in their town and advocate whatever nonsense they believe be my guest. They can yell at passing cars. We will see how that turns out. But private businesses have the right to say no.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:24 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
While most do support the over turning of a blatantly corrupt and stolen election.
There's the Trump apologists' primary problem. Either show irrefutable evidence or shut up about the election. Don't like the results? Fine. That's everyone's right. Attempting to overturn the results of a legitimate and legal process? That's as anti-American as it gets.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
If Trump voters want to grab a sign go to a street corner in their town and advocate whatever nonsense they believe be my guest. They can yell at passing cars. We will see how that turns out. But private businesses have the right to say no.
They didn't say no to "Assassinate the President of the United States" though.

I guess they will shut that one down after 1/20.

You don't see the hypocrisy there ?

Old 01-10-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They didn't say no to "Assassinate the President of the United States" though.

I guess they will shut that one down after 1/20.

You don't see the hypocrisy there ?
I just see a lot of whining from Trump voters who do not understand freedom of speech in the constitution and policy of private businesses. Trump voters believe the feds should rule over social media and tell them what they can and cannot do.

One cannot call for the assassination of the president. Show me examples of where that is being said now on social media and not stopped?

Old 01-10-2021, 10:43 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guuF1vDiycs

Tech moguls are holding a digital book burning and Brian Stelter and other leftists are dancing around the flames"

Makes me wonder if the libs know they will be next?
If liberals incited an insurrection against our country, especially by the POTUS, spread lies and misinformation about a duly won election, and gave marching orders for violence against our nation and then praised the perps, I would be more than happy for them to ban us.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I just see a lot of whining from Trump voters who do not understand freedom of speech in the constitution and policy of private businesses. Trump voters believe the feds should rule over social media and tell them what they can and cannot do.

One cannot call for the assassination of the president. Show me examples of where that is being said now on social media and not stopped?
You mean you haven't looked into this at all or read articles pointing out the hypocrisy ?

FYI..I haven't voted for D nor R in 20 years now and I do vote every election.

They can ban, shut down, squash whoever they want...BUT it has to be done in an objective manner across the board regardless of politics.

The tweets calling for the President's Assassination started in 2017 right after he was elected.
Go do some research for yourself so you can at least be a more informed person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies