Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 10:58 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times

Advertisements

No one is being censored. People broke rules repeatedly and private businesses have chosen to no longer do business with them. Trump was warned many times and chose, each time, to believe the rules didn’t apply to him. No sympathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 11:09 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You mean you haven't looked into this at all or read articles pointing out the hypocrisy ?

FYI..I haven't voted for D nor R in 20 years now and I do vote every election.

They can ban, shut down, squash whoever they want...BUT it has to be done in an objective manner across the board regardless of politics.

The tweets calling for the President's Assassination started in 2017 right after he was elected.
Go do some research for yourself so you can at least be a more informed person.
I guess I have been staying away from gateway pundit, infowars and Q. I missed these articles.

I don't vote D nor R either. You are obviously looking at things from the right. I am a libertarian. I believe government needs to be held in check. Private industry should be able to do what they want. Don't like it come up with something better. But saying it has to be done in an objective manner, huh? Or what? We need government censorship of tech? You want to be like China? That is what they do.

When you make a statement that direct credible threats to the president for assassination have occurred in the same way others are calling for revolution on January 20th and have gone unstopped prove it. All I know is Kathy Griffin did this sort of thing and got in a lot of trouble. Real trouble not just being banned online. She deserved it. But I think you are biased in your position.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:10 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I just see a lot of whining from Trump voters who do not understand freedom of speech in the constitution and policy of private businesses. Trump voters believe the feds should rule over social media and tell them what they can and cannot do.

One cannot call for the assassination of the president. Show me examples of where that is being said now on social media and not stopped?
Didn't Johnny Depp state we need another John Wilks Booth ? Tom Arnold stated he fantasized standing over Trumps dead body. I think our new POTUS stated he wanted to take Trump behind the barn and beat him.

I see all the pearl clutching the left is doing, claiming Trump incited this, called for that...blah, blah, blah. When has he ever made a statement for violence to an individual ? Insults, sure...violence, i don't think so. Yet the social media conglomerates silenced him . Did this happen to Depp, Arnold, and the many others ?

Old 01-10-2021, 11:11 AM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
I don't vote D nor R either. You are obviously looking at things from the right. I am a libertarian. I believe government needs to be held in check. Private industry should be able to do what they want. Don't like it come up with something better.

When you make a statement that direct credible threats to the president for assassination have occurred in the same way others are calling for revolution on January 20th and have gone unstopped prove it. All I know is Kathy Griffin did this sort of thing and got in a lot of trouble. Real trouble not just being banned online.
I also think that as well. I also believe that a bakery should not have been put out of business because they didn't want to bake a cake. But they were even though "they are a private business and can do what they want".

Old 01-10-2021, 11:17 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I also think that as well. I also believe that a bakery should not have been put out of business because they didn't want to bake a cake. But they were even though "they are a private business and can do what they want".

I agree. A bakery should not have to bake a cake they are morally opposed to.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:23 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
And businesses operate freely regardless of any pandemic

Old 01-10-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I guess I have been staying away from gateway pundit, infowars and Q. I missed these articles.

I don't vote D nor R either. You are obviously looking at things from the right. I am a libertarian. I believe government needs to be held in check. Private industry should be able to do what they want. Don't like it come up with something better. But saying it has to be done in an objective manner, huh? Or what? We need government censorship of tech? You want to be like China? That is what they do.

When you make a statement that direct credible threats to the president for assassination have occurred in the same way others are calling for revolution on January 20th and have gone unstopped prove it. All I know is Kathy Griffin did this sort of thing and got in a lot of trouble. Real trouble not just being banned online. She deserved it. But I think you are biased in your position.
Nope..mainstream news. Even CBS got called out for it and scrubbed it ASAP but we all know "the internet is forever".

Old 01-10-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And businesses operate freely regardless of any pandemic
No, I think a pandemic is a different story due to the nature of the virus.
You could be a walking Typhoid Mary and infect others, many others. That is not even remotely the same.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:29 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Exactly. Prepare to be shunned.

I'm not calling for unrest.

I'm calling for shunning.

I am NOT calling for civil war, or separation of the states.

I suspect you don't know what shunning means. It means people aren't welcome in your home, and you don't speak to them on the street because they've done something harmful to the community, and you aren't having it.
Wow Clara... what you are proposing is frightening.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
LOL..I think we are on the same page but using different words to express ourselves.

The bigger issue though with "shutting things down" is that the vise can easily get narrowed as time goes on since a precedent was set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies