Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 09:11 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

The military has how many different types of aircraft ? I don't know but it would only take a single one of the 80 or 90 different types of them to put down a bunch of 60 year old rebels. One guy in a single aircraft could do it while eating a sandwich. It would be a good training opportunity albeit it would last long. I can see all the black and brown pilots, " pick me, pick me, pick me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 09:15 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
This is a stupid thing to say. You obviously know nothing about war. As a fellow combat vet, I agree with the OP that civil war would be horrible. America isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than Iraq.
Prior to Trump we all went along with both the Democrats and Republicans selling us out with their corruption, and NAFTA. The only way politicians will hear us is unfortunately what happened at the capital.
It’s good that politicians feel the real fear that ordinary Americans feel on a daily basis. Maybe that will force them to hear us. After all that’s what the Capital incident was all about. They are not hearing us and listening to our questions about election fraud.
They are insulated from such fears because of their position and are only concerned with their own bottom lines. We need things to change. How else do you see that happening?

Old 01-10-2021, 09:16 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Oh come on, I threw that in because it's the core differences between republicans and democrats. Each side wants to force the other to do as they say.

Unless we stop telling everyone what to do we WILL have a civil war. Trump's army feels disenfranchised. The democrats are chomping at the bit to ram their platform down our throats.

And I like your solution.
No, we won’t.

Because most of the people you might think would be ‘on the front lines’, are in reality wimpy keyboard warriors like Cadet Bonespurs. That’s one reason Cadet Bonespurs got over 74 million votes. People like that identify with him.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:13 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbritt098765 View Post
Social media has way too much power.
They have the power that people have voluntarily placed with them. No more, no less.

Quote:
Maybe the right should deploy militia to trace down every data center of social media and bring them offline. Government should be okay with that.
I could give you the addresses of a few, it's not that secret. Thing is, they're called colocations ("colos", in the vernacular) for a reason - dozens or hundreds of companies run in the same space. Take them offline and you're torpedoing all of connected America. Banks. The government. Shipping companies. Pharmacies. Credit cards. It's the central nervous system of America, and Y'all Queda aren't equipped to do delicate surgery.

It would be a terror attack with probably a higher death count than 9/11.

Incidentally, they're built and guarded accordingly. As in, well-equipped guards who'll use lethal force, walls with concertina wire, fields of broken granite, thermal scanners monitoring the surroundings - and that's just what they've shared publicly.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:16 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Do you think that if Hillary were in that we would be talking about this at all???
Do you think if the Republicans controlled the House instead of Putin's puppet Pelosi we would be talking about this?

Old 01-10-2021, 10:19 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Oh come on, I threw that in because it's the core differences between republicans and democrats. Each side wants to force the other to do as they say.

Unless we stop telling everyone what to do we WILL have a civil war. Trump's army feels disenfranchised. The democrats are chomping at the bit to ram their platform down our throats.

And I like your solution.
You just said it. "TRUMPS ARMY". Not the American peoples army.

Your side wants a dictatorship and our side doesn't. Period.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:20 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Do you think if the Republicans controlled the House instead of Putin's puppet Pelosi we would be talking about this?
Your "Reversomatic" transmission is stuck. Stop backing into things (usually, but not always , inanimate objects) and get it fixed asap.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:21 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
That would be one heck of a dictator.
All dictators end with being dragged in the streets by their own people.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:22 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
One thing that keeps me from expecting a full on civil war is a rebellion requires a LEADER or organized group. Castro, the Bolvian coup lady (forgot her name already) Eden Pastora (Sandanistas) etc..

But what if Trump made a statement and called up his "Red Hat Army" to converge on DC and statehouses across the nation and defend his "stolen election" and his "right" to be president, dictator, etc..

74 million voted for him. If only 10% were armed and actively participated they would be the largest army outside of China or Korea. A million or two could take and hold Washington and even the regular army couldn't (wouldn't?) be able to stop them.

Is the air force going to bomb DC? I doubt it. And the military has said it won't get involved. (Up to a point I'd guess.) If the military smoked a million Red Hats, can you imagine the outrage? TEN million would (might?) take their place. Forget the horrible collateral damage to civilians.

Meanwhile if state governments were under siege their guard forces would be tied up, or overwhelmed. I've been to war, several times. I don't want to see my town rubbled. I don't want to fight my neighbors or our local cops, some are my friends. Do you really want that?

Folks, I think we'd better find another solution and some way for left and right to STOP forcing their politics, religious and racial preferences and lifestyle choices on each other. I think we need to get ALL the crooks out of the government, and return the power to the People.

STOP trying to take my guns, STOP telling me who to worship, OR who I can love or marry. Let women run their bodies. Stop taking half our money to redistribute to corporate crooks, foreign despots and overpaid people with connections. Fix the justice system. Let us get back to work. EVERYONE - stop telling others how to live. Just stop it.

If we need to replace our government, then let's ALL get on the same team and clean house. It shouldn't be us against each other, it should be all of us against a government WE let get out of control. Both parties are corrupt to the core. Let's fix that, not fight each other.

Let's exterminate this virus, not each other.

That is all.
Problem is, you have two main camps with philosophically incompatible goals. Authoritarian collectivists vs those believing in liberty. You're asking that a pack of wolves and flock of sheep get along. Ain't gonna happen unless the flock is dinner.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:23 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Your "Reversomatic" transmission is stuck. Stop backing into things (usually, but not always , inanimate objects) and get it fixed asap.
Read Mueller's report. The Russians sponsored rallies for Trump. They sponsored rallies for Bernie. They sponsored rallies for Clinton. They pushed the most divisive things. They wanted to undermine trust in government. Nobody has done more in that regard the last 4 years than Pelosi and Schiff with their constant Russia conspiracy theories. Putin probably has a had time staying in his chair he's laughing so hard at her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies