Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 10:27 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Do you think if the Republicans controlled the House instead of Putin's puppet Pelosi we would be talking about this?
Pelosi is Putin's puppet now? Seriously, Pelosi? Not Trump..., Pelosi?

Ya'll live in one heck of a fantasy World.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 10:39 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
No telling how many people Trump has killed so far by triggering strokes and heart failure. Some people are frightened at the thought of not having a tyrannical government dictating every aspect of their lives. Harris will have them bent over in no time... and they will, all the while, have a big, disgusting grins upon their faces through the entire rape.

As far as "insurrection," it's a bit too late for that. You've let your government metastasize for far too long. Stage four national cancer, at this point. And you really have no way of "fighting for your liberty," even if you wanted to. In 1776, the common man had pretty much what the common soldier had: musket and sabre. Now you have at best a semi-auto rifle... against a government that can wipe half cities out with the push of a single button. Good luck with that.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
All dictators end with being dragged in the streets by their own people.
Not in America! LOL people here EXPECT 'someone else' to do their dirty work for them!

Even the most brazen Anti Trumpers would never dare to physically remove Trump from office (should he resist), they would expect the FBI, Secret Service, or someone else to do this for them!

Old 01-10-2021, 10:51 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not in America! LOL people here EXPECT 'someone else' to do their dirty work for them!

Even the most brazen Anti Trumpers would never dare to physically remove Trump from office (should he resist), they would expect the FBI, Secret Service, or someone else to do this for them!
I think that's because most people are against taking the law into their own hands. It's not a good thing to be a vigilante. My uncle was murdered 30 years ago. We all know who did it but there's no proof so the killer is still free. My uncles have many times expressed the desire to go and settle up with the guy but society couldn't function if we all started acting like that.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:00 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
No. The left seems to overestimate Trump and Trump supporters. The chance of Trump and Trump supporters actually causing a civil war and leading an insurrection is so minute there's no reason to think about it. It's an idea that exists in the democrats imagination rather than in reality. You hear leftists yapping about it a lot but it is really no different than believing Sauron and the armies of Mordor found a way into America and now plan to overthrow the government then turn the United States into a land of darkness and flame.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:04 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
No. The left seems to overestimate Trump and Trump supporters. The chance of Trump and Trump supporters actually causing a civil war and leading an insurrection is so minute there's no reason to think about it. It's an idea that exists in the democrats imagination rather than in reality. You hear them yapping about it a lot but it is really no different than believing Sauron and the armies of Mordor found a way into America and now plan to overthrow the government then turn the United States into a land of darkness and flame.
I'm more concerned about him unleashing a vanilla ISIS of true believers on us. Look how much damage one Timothy McVeigh caused. I'd like to think he would care about staying within the law and not commanding unlawful acts but the past 4 years have shown us and him that he believes himself above the law.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:41 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Trump does not have to trigger a civil-war.

Donny made is obvious to many that the Empire is a flailing, failing mess that is crumbling
under the weight of its problems.

This might be completely true, however Trump did nothing in his Presidency to address this issue. If nothing he made things worse. I'll have to agree America has been slowly going downhill for years, Trade Deficit, growing national debt, loss of manufacturing base to name a few. But Trump isn't the answer to the problem, he never was. He talked a big game, but he's more hot air than anything. He's a used car sales man in a expensive suit. He'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge if you give him a chance.

What's funny is people really think he's out for the little guy. Trump crushes the little guy. When The Trump completed the Trump Taj Mahal years ago, and it came time to pay the bill, he didn't pay. Used everything from Bankruptcy to Lawsuits for claims of shoddy construction to avoid paying. 253 Contractors were screwed out of 70 million dollars. these where not big companies, most where small businesses, that didn't have the resources to fight Trump in court.

You do have to admit Trump is quite a salesman, without a shred of proof or evidence he managed to convince enough people that the election was stolen from him and they gave him over 200 million dollars to fight the "fraud". Now if he had some evidence or any of his 60 some cases wouldn't have been dismissed in court you could say he had something to his claim, but he doesn't. If he avoids staying out of jail, when get gets out of office, I'm sure you will hear him making the same claims and ask for more money to help him fight the fraud. But the only fraud here is Trump.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:04 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I've been saying for years that Fox News could start a Civil War any time they want to. But why would they want to?

Trump could probably start a Civil War, but he would lose if he doesn't either have the support of the military or of the money(either domestic or foreign). I don't think he has either.

What a novel idea, rofl.

But seriously, it can't be done. You need to understand what government really is, and what democracy really is. I don't mean voting, I mean the institutions of democracy. What makes it work.

If you think a bunch of idiots voting is what made America a superpower, you don't know anything. If it was that simple democracy would be ubiquitous throughout history.

Democracy works because it isn't democracy. It only appears that way.
Democracy relies on conditions to survive which it can not create. If those conditions disappear within an society, Democracy will disappear as well.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:54 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If there is a real civil war, its because people are fed up with both parties. It will have nothing to do with Drumpf who couldn't coordinate a girl scout pack
No. You are wrong in this.
When has there ever been a time when the citizens WERE NOT fed up with both parties?
Such a time has never existed for long enough time to talk about it.

Discontent is totally integrated and a functional part of our democracy. We are expected to be discontent because humans always are. We always seek the new, the unknown and the different. Humans want the challenge.

Humans always become discontented with too much peace and prosperity when it lasts for too long. We only advance under adversity, and when nature does not provide adversity, we create it for ourselves.

Trump never had to have any ability to coordinate anything. All he needed was the ability to inflame others to do his bidding, and the mob would find their own way to coordinate things.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
One thing that keeps me from expecting a full on civil war is a rebellion requires a LEADER or organized group. Castro, the Bolvian coup lady (forgot her name already) Eden Pastora (Sandanistas) etc..

But what if Trump made a statement and called up his "Red Hat Army" to converge on DC and statehouses across the nation and defend his "stolen election" and his "right" to be president, dictator, etc..

74 million voted for him. If only 10% were armed and actively participated they would be the largest army outside of China or Korea. A million or two could take and hold Washington and even the regular army couldn't (wouldn't?) be able to stop them.

Is the air force going to bomb DC? I doubt it. And the military has said it won't get involved. (Up to a point I'd guess.) If the military smoked a million Red Hats, can you imagine the outrage? TEN million would (might?) take their place. Forget the horrible collateral damage to civilians.

Meanwhile if state governments were under siege their guard forces would be tied up, or overwhelmed. I've been to war, several times. I don't want to see my town rubbled. I don't want to fight my neighbors or our local cops, some are my friends. Do you really want that?

Folks, I think we'd better find another solution and some way for left and right to STOP forcing their politics, religious and racial preferences and lifestyle choices on each other. I think we need to get ALL the crooks out of the government, and return the power to the People.

STOP trying to take my guns, STOP telling me who to worship, OR who I can love or marry. Let women run their bodies. Stop taking half our money to redistribute to corporate crooks, foreign despots and overpaid people with connections. Fix the justice system. Let us get back to work. EVERYONE - stop telling others how to live. Just stop it.

If we need to replace our government, then let's ALL get on the same team and clean house. It shouldn't be us against each other, it should be all of us against a government WE let get out of control. Both parties are corrupt to the core. Let's fix that, not fight each other.

Let's exterminate this virus, not each other.

That is all.
Trump can’t and won’t but the media is surely trying hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies