Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 06:36 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,200,330 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-Trump.html

Why does Twitter allow this. If they are going to ban people then ban anyone who tweets violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 06:38 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post

Why does Twitter allow this. If they are going to ban people then ban anyone who tweets violence.
A most interesting question.

Let's watch the leftists try to twist themselves into a pretzel to defend this one.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:54 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Parroting Don Jr..so sweet. Why is he comparing his father to the ayatollah?

I don't follow that account, but if the call for violence was via Twitter, he absolutely should be banned. I don't know their policy for people who are just known to be violent in general- are they allowed to have accounts?

twitter did it because people listened to trump's tweets and went to tthe Capitol to kill elected officials. They noticed that trump never used Biden's name when he talked about a new administration and that he said he would not be in DC on the 20th. They were already plotting on Twitter.

It's a much more peaceful place without him and his loony followers who left in protest, I'll tell you that. Ivanka has even started grifring on Parler since they can't get their solicitation emails out anymore.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Mass hysteria and purging has begun. It’s Trump today. It will be small businesses tomorrow, and Trump voters the day after that.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:12 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Because it's all BS. The Capitol Building protest is just a convenient excuse. How many lootings, arsons, rapes, and murders were the result of left wing protests planned on Twitter or Facebook?

They only care this time because it is conservatives, and they see this as a way to silence conservative voices.

It's so obvious, you would have to be an idiot to not see it.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:16 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post

They allow it because the left is extremely anti-Israel, fueled in part by the antisemites on the extreme left (like the BLM terrorist group and the Nation of Islam). So any hate speech from an antisemite accusing Israel of contaminating the world with the virus (when we all know it was China) will be allowed to keep his account.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Also what the hell is Kathy Griffin still doing on Twitter being that she incited violence against Trump by holding up a picture of a bloody Trump head a while back???

Old 01-10-2021, 07:27 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Mass hysteria and purging has begun. It’s Trump today. It will be small businesses tomorrow, and Trump voters the day after that.
They'll keep chipping away until everyone but the elites are devoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Because it's all BS. The Capitol Building protest is just a convenient excuse. How many lootings, arsons, rapes, and murders were the result of left wing protests planned on Twitter or Facebook?

They only care this time because it is conservatives, and they see this as a way to silence conservative voices.

It's so obvious, you would have to be an idiot to not see it.
I am hoping that Parler finds another platform. When they talk about "inciting" violence, what it looks like in an example I used with my husband:

Me: "The neighbor doesn't take good care of her cats." Then, if my husband goes and beats the crap out of the neighbor, they would say that my "hate" speech had incited violence. So, if I were planning a protest, and simply put details on a website, and the group meant and someone committed a violent act, then I would have been inciting violence. This does not compute.

I see that Amazon is taking down Parler at midnight. I rarely do business with Amazon, and will do less. Always compare prices with Wal-Mart, as there can be a big savings by shopping Wal-Mart, and for used items I shop GoodWillBooks or shop the online goodwill site for other items. "Choice" is good, and I'll always find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
They allow it because the left is extremely anti-Israel, fueled in part by the antisemites on the extreme left (like the BLM terrorist group and the Nation of Islam). So any hate speech from an antisemite accusing Israel of contaminating the world with the virus (when we all know it was China) will be allowed to keep his account.
There is a war against God and/or Christianity. That is one of the things that bothered them about Trump.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:29 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Parroting Don Jr..so sweet. Why is he comparing his father to the ayatollah?

I don't follow that account, but if the call for violence was via Twitter, he absolutely should be banned. I don't know their policy for people who are just known to be violent in general- are they allowed to have accounts?

twitter did it because people listened to trump's tweets and went to tthe Capitol to kill elected officials. They noticed that trump never used Biden's name when he talked about a new administration and that he said he would not be in DC on the 20th. They were already plotting on Twitter.

It's a much more peaceful place without him and his loony followers who left in protest, I'll tell you that. Ivanka has even started grifring on Parler since they can't get their solicitation emails out anymore.
That's a whole lot of handwaving but the question is why hasn't he been banned? (i mean seriously, this isn't the first time from Iran)

Nation of Islam and Farrakhan are on Twitter too.

If Twitter is going to apply inconsistent criteria for banning then they are on a really slippery slope.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:34 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
I've found myself in the Twilight Zone; an echo chamber of people who are the quintessential definition of the "double standard" all seemingly confused by it's very existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies