Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 02:09 PM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I'm pissed at twitters monopoly and bias against conservatives.
Know how to fix it? Stop using their services.

Brilliant, eh?

Also free market, the cornerstone of conservatism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 02:17 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post

Brilliant, eh?

A true free market is pure libertarianism.

The new breed of conservatives are more nationalist/populist. The People cannot compete with billionaire corporate masters who want to cancel them.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:28 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
oh ya no one can talk bad about the vaccines. some might interpret the tweet as racist against jews. no matter how you interpret it its a violation against twitter services. they would easily censor someone on the right saying the same thing about another group.
I still don’t see his specific Tweet calling for genocide, post it.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:42 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Twitter has rules and Trump absolutely, consistently, repeatedly broke them. He was warned.

They have every right to ban him.

How and when they choose to enforce their rules is a separate issue and people have every right to call them out on that. I support calling them out on that. They may have a right to apply their rules however they see fit as a private business, but call them out on it, 100 percent. I am not a Twitter user and I'm not encouraged to start now. I was already turned off by how long they let Trump go on and seeing what else they allow doesn't help.

That still doesn't mean they didn't have a right to ban Trump.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:06 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
I'm pissed at twitters monopoly and bias against conservatives. they have too much power. in china which I don't condone if a company gets too big they make the leader disappear. I am not calling for that but the big techs are vertical monopolies meaning google facebook and twitter are colluding against companies that threaten their monopoly and free speech.

if they want to be a publisher with power to censor fine but they can not have immunity if that is the case. meaning people can sue them.

its disgusting on what happened parler. normally yes I would say a business can do what it wants but the very fact the Twitter and Facebook can digitally delete people is the exception to the rule and must be regulated. the people who started this country did not envision the internet.

if you believe they can do what they want fine but don't deny they don't have MORE power than the government. They can effect elections by deleting funding pages. some say facebook is the new public square. and if you think they have no ties to the goverment that is false they are given government funds. if you really investigated facebook id bet millions the government has taken them over.
Boo-hoo. Don't like how Twitter runs their business? Go elsewhere. Too easy.

Twitter and Facebook can "digitally delete" people? What does that even mean? So people didn't exist, online, before 2006? Drop the hyperbole, please.

The idea that Facebook or Twitter has "more power than the government" is patently ridiculous. Get outside for a bit, maybe take a walk, see if your perspective gets a little more sane.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:56 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post

Brilliant, eh?

ya I never used twitter

I don't do social media other than forums.

some think twitter is a monopoly and they only went further by proving it by having parler taken off of google play store and apple. if they wanted to be a big company that is fine but when they prevent other companies from growing that is not capitalism either. what they did was sqash parler in a dirty way.they do receive money from the government so if they wanted to do what ever they want then they should stop receiving money from the government. facebook gets government money too.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:38 AM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Boo-hoo. Don't like how Twitter runs their business? Go elsewhere. Too easy.
You mean to a competitor like Parler?

Old 01-13-2021, 12:17 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Its called a dog whistle. a dog whistle is the use of coded or suggestive language in political messaging.

He said go to the capital and show strength. This cult following is pathetic and incomprehensive.
By that measure Maxine Waters should be banned, since she openly called for her supporters to confront those with opposing views.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:32 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
By that measure Maxine Waters should be banned, since she openly called for her supporters to confront those with opposing views.
Exactly. This is all I am personally asking for. If you are going to ban some instigative people you must ban them all or you are a hypocrite. Twitter has proven they are such.

I'm looking forward to the day when all the liberals start crying because one of their's got banned from some form of media. Watch how quickly they turn the conversation around.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:41 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Exactly. This is all I am personally asking for. If you are going to ban some instigative people you must ban them all or you are a hypocrite. Twitter has proven they are such.

I'm looking forward to the day when all the liberals start crying because one of their's got banned from some form of media. Watch how quickly they turn the conversation around.
They are perfectly fine with letting Dorsey and Zuckerberg decide who can speak and who cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies