Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 12:39 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times

Advertisements

I shun a-holes. If you want to stereotype or pigeonhole me based on actions of others then you are an a-hole not worth my time. Your political affiliation is of no consequence to me. If you treat me with respect I will do likewise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 12:41 PM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Actually, the progressives do have power. And it will be absolute power in just a few days. You will either be assimilated into their insanity and injustice or you will be eliminated. Watch a few reruns of STNG and "The Borg." That is what you are dealing with now. Your wishes, aspirations, beliefs, opinions, and life are all irreverent. The collective is your future.

The only hope is a complete disconnect from the collective and maintaining the power to preserve that disconnect.
Come. Join us. Assimilate willingly. Our tent is big, and we have cookies.

Don't fight it. Resistance is futile.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:41 PM

579 posts, read 522,263 times
Please shun us.

Shun us from far far away ..

Preferably another continent.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:44 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Progressive nations seem to be doing just fine. Look at Canada. Ironically it seems that the progressive countries have less government intrusion and people have more freedom.
Canada's conservative party is moving right. Parties on the right in Europe are strengthening. We have Brexit.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:47 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,053,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
The left/progressives have held all the culture power for the last twenty years, and have weilded it ungraciously. With the rise of reddit, twitter, and other social media applications, they have radicalized a young generation into narrow minded sheep who wont think twice about silencing you, or even remotely consider an aposing view. Everything is broken down into Identity politics, and if you don't fit the mold, than you are enemy number one and need to be "cleansed".

What progressives dont have, is real world power. Besides their minority voter base which aren't progressive at all, they are often physically and emotionally weak people. Go to any crossfit/gym, rifle training facility, sporting facilities and often they are filled with right-wing mindset people. It makes sense then that these progressive people live their lives in a virtual world. They are arm chair bullies, trying to shape the world they see fit in the only way possible they can.

Perhaps we should shun them in real life. Shun them in the office, fire them if we can, like they want to do to us. Ignore their complaints, pretend they dont even exist. Look past them as we walk by. Form our own groups and ignore their pain and complaints. Stop trying to meet half way, don't even bother discussing. The discussions are done, and a waste of energy.

Stop giving energy to narcissistic parasites.
As a person with progressive politics, I find this post fascinating! Perhaps you are talking about different progressives, because these truly weird statements don't fit me. I do not devote any time or effort to "radicalizing" a young generation. I wouldn't even know how. I don't think opposing views should be silenced. I don't know what mold you mean that would make someone enemy number one, and "cleansing" is a terrifying word to use. Where are you getting these ideas?

As for being a physically or emotionally weak person, I and most of the (progressive) people I know are healthy, active and fit. We handle real-world problems just fine, and my emotions are quite stable, though it's sweet that you're concerned.

If you should like to "shun" me, please go ahead, and I can't begin to imagine how this would affect my life in any way.

I don't know what reality you live in, but it's a different one than mine. You do seem rather misinformed, but that's a you problem, not a me problem.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:49 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,053,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
I'm speaking of individual power. They are more often than not physically weak individuals. They are not self reliant men. The women are often extremely promiscuous and have high mental health problems.
OMG thank you for this! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Maybe I'm laughing so uncontrollably because of my mental health problems!!! lol lol lol

Old 01-10-2021, 12:50 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
After 4 years of being vilified for my vote it’s tempting to do what I can to not do business with someone that I know is a progressive, rabid Trump (and me) hater.

Also the vast majority of Trumpers are Police Officers, Military, farmers, and tradesmen, (you know, the people who make this country run). If they got together and organized and they did what they could to shun progressives, progressives would be in a world of hurt.
Bring it.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:51 PM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
After 4 years of being vilified for my vote it’s tempting to do what I can to not do business with someone that I know is a progressive, rabid Trump (and me) hater.

Also the vast majority of Trumpers are Police Officers, Military, farmers, and tradesmen, (you know, the people who make this country run). If they got together and organized and they did what they could to shun progressives, progressives would be in a world of hurt.
Like the one who got killed by the Trump Terrorists during the riot, protecting his country's interests, who Trump refused to lower the flag for and hasn't even opened his mouth to offer condolences to the officer's family?

"Law and Order" president*, my ass. It's obvious what anyone who still supports Trump thinks of our service people. We won't talk about his tariffs that bankrupted farmers at a greater rate than at any other time since the Great Depression.

Old 01-10-2021, 01:26 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I shun a-holes. If you want to stereotype or pigeonhole me based on actions of others then you are an a-hole not worth my time. Your political affiliation is of no consequence to me. If you treat me with respect I will do likewise.
Good post. I generally try to live my life like this. Despite my previous post, if you are a far left person as long as you aren't bombing me with your politics , I have a live and let live view of things.

Old 01-10-2021, 01:32 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
OP - Be honest, how many progressive friends do you even have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies