Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2021, 10:42 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times

Advertisements

I'd also suggest that instead of taking that one phrase from the tweet and assigning all sorts of meaning to it, it's best to listen or read the approximately 2 minute transcript of the entire statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 10:57 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'd also suggest that instead of taking that one phrase from the tweet and assigning all sorts of meaning to it, it's best to listen or read the approximately 2 minute transcript of the entire statement.
The problem is that Biden will direct the Fed Gov to give some race and gender groups priority over others, as he clearly stated. He actually used that word to describe it: priority. Given to some groups but not others.

Biden very clearly announced that under his leadership, the Fed Gov would commit race-based and gender-based discrimination.

His transition team clearly sees no problem in announcing the pre-planned illegal and unconstitutional discrimination, and neither does Biden.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:07 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
that's not the way politics work, and the people putting this statement together are well aware of that. they can't possibly be stupid enough to know it wouldn't have come across this way, so one can only assume it was intentional and they are basically saying "f you" to a lot of people. I would not be surprised if the younger and/or more "woke" contingent of Biden's team is doing exactly that on purpose. You are far more of a hero in the woke quasi-religion if you get in the faces of those you JUST KNOW are closet racists, which is basically any white male who doesn't bend the knee.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:07 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The problem is that Biden will direct the Fed Gov to give some race and gender groups priority over others, as he clearly stated. He actually used that word to describe it: priority. Given to some groups but not others.

Biden very clearly announced that under his leadership, the Fed Gov would commit race-based and gender-based discrimination.

His transition team clearly sees no problem in announcing the pre-planned illegal and unconstitutional discrimination, and neither does Biden.
Look, I can't tell you how to "hear" things. I disagree that he is saying loans and funds will be given to everyone else before given to white people.

I choose to listen to the whole context (of which not even the whole speech was shown in the Twitter post). From that, I can clearly see that the focus and priority of the next COVID relief bill will be to ensure that these small, minority businesses are provided more assistance and help in accessing the funds that they should have gotten on the first round that they could get for various reasons. Other businesses, with more clout, savvy, accountants etc quickly siphoned off what the small business didn't have the savvy to do.

You won't convince me, at least on this subject, that there's some sinister, evil racist plot going on here and I won't argue with you that you get to infer things they way your worldview wants you to.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:39 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Look, I can't tell you how to "hear" things. I disagree that he is saying loans and funds will be given to everyone else before given to white people.
That's exactly what "priority" given to some groups but not others means. Biden did indeed say loans and funds will be given to everyone else before given to white people. "Priority."

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-13-2021 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-13-2021, 01:43 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Quote:

I choose to listen to the whole context (of which not even the whole speech was shown in the Twitter post). From that, I can clearly see that the focus and priority of the next COVID relief bill will be to ensure that these small, minority businesses are provided more assistance and help in accessing the funds that they should have gotten on the first round that they could get for various reasons. Other businesses, with more clout, savvy, accountants etc quickly siphoned off what the small business didn't have the savvy to do.

You won't convince me, at least on this subject, that there's some sinister, evil racist plot going on here and I won't argue with you that you get to infer things they way your worldview wants you to.
Can you imagine if Donald Trump came out and said loans will be given to every group other than black women. Even mentioning fringe groups like Natives. It’s almost comical to think about. He would be impeached just for those remarks.

As far as nuance in policy you’re right everything regarding the US is very nuanced because we are a large large country. It makes no sense to have some federal policy that encompasses both Montana and New York City. They require polar opposite policy on just about every issue. That is why historically we have governed bottom up where important decisions are made on the local level by the people they effect. This is also known as conservative governance. Having some left wing nutcase who wants to centralize all power in the federal government makes absolutely no sense for our country. People will become disgruntled.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:45 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
that's not the way politics work, and the people putting this statement together are well aware of that. they can't possibly be stupid enough to know it wouldn't have come across this way, so one can only assume it was intentional and they are basically saying "f you" to a lot of people. I would not be surprised if the younger and/or more "woke" contingent of Biden's team is doing exactly that on purpose. You are far more of a hero in the woke quasi-religion if you get in the faces of those you JUST KNOW are closet racists, which is basically any white male who doesn't bend the knee.
Yes. Businesses have suffered greatly during the pandemic, many beyond rescue, and Biden has said that the priority would be to help non-white owners get back on their feet. Racist pure and simple.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:50 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
That's exactly what "priority" given to some groups but not others means. Biden did indeed say loans and funds will be given to everyone else before given to white people. "Priority."
Precisely. Just as states have said they will give priority to first responders and elderly over 75 in distributing the vaccine (rightly so). It means them first.

With all the racial division and the president-elect’s promise to “unify,” he should not be driving it further by saying that blacks’ needs come before those of whites. Why not just say that priority will be given to those most in need?

Old 01-13-2021, 04:58 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
So did the First Nations people before that. I'm not seeing a difference.
Wrong. It was a government driven genocide.

Old 01-13-2021, 05:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Wrong. It was a government driven genocide.
The first nations committed genocide against each other long before the evil whites arrived.

Tell us about the commanche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies