Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 03:03 PM

1,301 posts, read 666,074 times

Advertisements

China's major cities are already more advanced than any cities in the U.S.
  • China has new high-speed "bullet trains" than can go 350 kilometers per hour, the U.S. has ZERO high-speed rail lines.
  • China has a new fleet of 400,000 electric buses for public transport in their cities, in contrast the U.S. has only a couple hundred electric buses in operation.
  • China is already coming close to having a "cashless" society, with much of the population using their cellphone to purchase goods. Cards and cash are a thing of the past.
  • Currently, China is better at Capitalism than the U.S. -- their Autocratic Capitalist society can quickly get things done fast, building infrastructure at a lightning pace, whereas in the U.S. building such projects as high-speed rail could take years or even decades to be approved before construction is even begun.
China already has the world's #1 Economy.
With the largest workforce on the entire planet, no other nation can compete.

China is #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaELQS5kTso

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 03:07 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
My thoughts on China: Love their food, glad I don’t have to live there.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:11 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Ha. You WILL be living under Chinese rule soon.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:17 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
#1. Given the option, I'd rather be official Dictator of the U.S. or Australia, or Japan, or South Korea during one of those days when Kim Jong whatever is threatening to blow up the world, during any of these nations worst years at any point in the last twenty years, than be the Official Dictator of China.

China has massive resource problems. They'll need to build massive number of de-sanilization plants to survive. Their citizens often drink polluted water, and unlike in the United States where we, at least somewhat, elect our public figures, they have less choice in that area, and I hear they don't get much out of protests, so along with all those other problems their politicians probably have to worry a lot more about attempts to blow up the government and such.

They're not exactly the ideal nation...so much as a nation in the process of dragging itself out of third world status, in a manner that hopefully doesn't lead to its implosion via water shortages and pollution.

Some places in China are neat. A lot of it's not though.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

#2.

Aside from that though, regarding China...except for Korea they seem a lot less likely to play international chess than some of the other nations the west isn't too friendly with...and they sent soldiers into Korea because they saw
America's entrance into the Korean war as a threat to them. They didn't want a western ally right up touching their border. They tend to mind their own business (unless we're talking about Taiwan).

I hope they do well. I don't see them as enemies of the west, so much as a nation that hopefully doesn't screw over its citizens too much and that we don't get into any military conflicts with, because that would be WW3.

China contains over a billion citizens. If we're concerned about humanity, we've got to at least want China to do okay as well.

I hope they develop lots of long term successes. I also hope they don't crush down Taiwan and force them to obey their rules.

I think it's a mistake to see which country does best as a competition.

I think if we ever have some kind of war with them that would be an extremely sad day. Either something involved with Taiwan or North Korea might have to do with that.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:17 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
I can't wait till they take over.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:19 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,458,081 times
That's what happens when your government isn't fighting about stupid crap.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:23 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
It's amazing what you can do....when you ignore CO2 emissions standards

..and have the highest CO2 emissions in the world

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png

Old 01-11-2021, 03:28 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
It's amazing what you can do....when you ignore CO2 emissions standards

..and have the highest CO2 emissions in the world

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png
It should be noted that graph doesn't take into account per person C02 emissions. China's much lower than the U.S. and Australia if we take that into account.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:30 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Unlike in the United States where we, at least somewhat, elect our public figures.
America is a plutocracy. Money rules here just like everywhere else. The #1 priority for all governments is economic growth. If democracy is getting in the way of economic-growth then democracy will cease to exist. We didn't defeat the Soviet Union with freedom and democracy, but with money. That is all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
They seem a lot less likely to play international chess than some of the other nations the west isn't too friendly with. They tend to mind their own business (unless we're talking about Taiwan).
China doesn't because it can't. The moment it can, it will. Which you are already beginning to see. Imagine if the United States imploded completely from Civil War. What would China do?

Old 01-11-2021, 03:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I effectively lived there for a while, it wasnt that bad. People were pretty friendly, lots to see and do where I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies