Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 09:16 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

No way! You know this was a liberal that did this trying to make cons look bad. (sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 09:17 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I've heard they can get very used to humans. I'm guessing someone was diving and decided to make this friendly manatee an art project. As you pointed out, it stayed contentedly in place. Note the letters are quite readable, would be much more difficult for them to be legible if the writer had a moving target.
So condoning this ?

Old 01-11-2021, 09:19 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
I've heard they can get very used to humans. I'm guessing someone was diving and decided to make this friendly manatee an art project. As you pointed out, it stayed contentedly in place. Note the letters are quite readable, would be much more difficult for them to be legible if the writer had a moving target.
Not diving. For the most part manatees stay near the surface as they are air breathers. This time of year they move up river for warmer water. They are fresh water drinkers so an easy way to lure them in is a garden hose. They are quite gentle and do not mind the human touch. It would be quite easy for someone to pull this inane stunt off.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:30 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not diving. For the most part manatees stay near the surface as they are air breathers. This time of year they move up river for warmer water. They are fresh water drinkers so an easy way to lure them in is a garden hose. They are quite gentle and do not mind the human touch. It would be quite easy for someone to pull this inane stunt off.
Well as they are Federally protected it definitely was not a smart move to pull this stunt. In fact, it was dumb.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:30 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
i hate all animal abusers! animals are the only TRUE innocents. they have no ugliness. except some primates, which are close to humans. chimps....eeek
Apparently youve never seen a domestic cat who doesnt need it for food, capture a bird or mouse.

If youre a sadistic **** who enjoys torturing small amimals you might be amused watching the ordeal.

What makes the cats actions especially cruel is how they maim their prey, then take a pause, and let the mouse or bird attempt a life saving escape... then hit it again. Rinse and repeat.

Some footage from africa and asia of what gangs of wild monkeys do to kittens and other small animals is pretty disturbing. They do seem to quite enjoy taunting and terrorizing their prey and their numbers make the skirmish seem unfair.

It was poetic justice to watch what the komodo dragon does to what appeared to be the same species of monkey. Being eaten alive is actually pretty disrespectful and the dragon takes its time. But theres nothing sadistic about the dragon so he gets a free pass.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:34 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So condoning this ?
Nope, I don't care for inaccurate reporting. It doesn't appear there was much, if any carving at all. But that's what goes for mainstream reporting these days, nothing you can do.

Looks like The Hill. It's to be expected from them.

19,775 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Going hy the law its likely no law was broken unless (unlikely)the manatee was annoyed by a back scratching.

So now that its all played out its the same old story. Liberal media manufactures outrageously dishonest story to make trump look bad. Liberals engage in feigned shock related finger pointing. Story is revealed a hoax. Liberals double down or scatter, waiting for their next hoax.

Many will repeat the hoax as truth for years.
I'm not so confident to make a firm ruling on whether a law was broken or not. Given the animal is on the protectedlList- I'd wager more money on the fact whomever did it is indeed in violation.

I'm still confused how you see the article as posted as 'liberal dishonesty'. What part of the article led you to believe that?

Last edited by Threerun; 01-11-2021 at 09:46 PM..

Quote:
Well as they are Federally protected it definitely was not a smart move to pull this stunt. In fact, it was dumb.
Agreed. It was despictable.

I boat in florida waters and most have a great respect for manatees and look out for their welfare. This is a big FU to everyone.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:21 PM

634 posts, read 328,000 times
"Probably a leftie trying to make Trump supporters look bad!" Because Trump supporters need help making themselves look bad?

I've seen a lot of people all day saying that it was likely not carved into the skin but just scraped into the algae though, so it likely didn't harm the animal. Still a pretty gross thing to do, like if you were to shave a politician's name into someone else's dog's fur or something, but not too harmful I guess.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
"Probably a leftie trying to make Trump supporters look bad!" Because Trump supporters need help making themselves look bad?

I've seen a lot of people all day saying that it was likely not carved into the skin but just scraped into the algae though, so it likely didn't harm the animal. Still a pretty gross thing to do, like if you were to shave a politician's name into someone else's dog's fur or something, but not too harmful I guess.
Citrus county Florida. Very GOP. Odds are it was a rightie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies