Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 11:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I said it is good for the economy. I never said it was good for you.

What would happen to the economy if the 20 million illegals were deported?
There's a big difference between deporting people and stopping them from coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 11:08 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
You're dependence on the government is on you.

I did well under Clinton, even better under Bush, great under Obama, and great under Trump. You need to consider looking in the mirror and taking personal responsibility. Stop blaming others and stop depending on the government for your finances.
I was in Highschool when Bush invaded Iraq . 08 09 10 were ruff in Chicago under Obama . I came from
A deep blue Democrat city and state and seen with my own eyes that their policies do no work in economic stressed times . Until after I fled that black hole . I grew out of it . Started my own company and depend 0 on the government for my finances . Hell I paid well over 60k in taxes last year so I do not know what you are talking about .I can spend and invest my hard earned money better than any government can . So I will continue to lean in that direction . Good Evening sir, I shall resume
Tmrw! Past bed for me!

Old 01-11-2021, 11:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
If you weren't able to adapt your small business, you aren't a very good business owner. My small business had a bit of a shock early on but we adapted and are thriving. Stop blaming others and take responsibility for your own actions.
Sorry but my business is entirely online so no adapting was needed ! Never was shutdown ! Did great, and even better than last year ! No complaints . Good evening

Old 01-11-2021, 11:12 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
That 500k is a straight up lie . He will tax the middle class and take them over. I do not fare better . Democrat policies ruined my healthcare that went from 400 a month to now 1200 a month . Their high taxation hindered my business for years until I finally left and moved to a more business friendly environment .

They do not care at all about middle or lower class . They throw breadcrumbs while they tax and hyper regulate businesses to death . They take millions from Corporations and people like Joe take many from corrupt governments to sell the country out . Just like when Joe insisted
In having China in the WTO 20 years ago .
Biden is pro union who look out for the middle class. Unions train you in a trade with good pay and benefits. The middle class has been dwindling under republicans because their focus is only on the wealthy. Republicans hate unions because they represent the middle class which they could care less about.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:26 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
There's a big difference between deporting people and stopping them from coming in.
I agree, but what does that have to do with what I said?

Illegal-immigration is good for the economy. If it wasn't we would have done something about it a long time ago.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:03 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Biden is pro union who look out for the middle class. Unions train you in a trade with good pay and benefits. The middle class has been dwindling under republicans because their focus is only on the wealthy. Republicans hate unions because they represent the middle class which they could care less about.
If Republicans focus only on the wealthy, why did the middle class receive (by percent) a larger (Trump) tax cut than the wealthy?

Old 01-12-2021, 12:12 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
The idea that republicans care and help out the middle/working class is hillarious

Old 01-12-2021, 12:14 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The idea that republicans care and help out the middle/working class is hillarious
^This x1,000

Old 01-12-2021, 12:38 AM

507 posts, read 187,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I Hope Everyone Is Ready For the Dem-Pression For the Next 4 Years ?

How are you prepared? Looking like the democrat political shutdowns are throwing the US economy into a free fall recession. Especially in the blue states!

Throw in more lockdowns, increased illegal immigration, fiat money printing for stimulus, hyper regulation, tax increase etc... we should be sinking faster than the Titanic by April.

Luckily the strong economy from the last few years bounced us back temporarily, but im predicting a lot of stagnation in the economy.

Biden will bring in a economic depression. Get ready folks . Its gonna get bumpy.

without the blue states many of the red states would be insolvent, nobody sucks on the government teet more than the likes of Mitch McConnell's Kentucky

After 4 years of a whiny baby tweeting like a child and a bunch of sycophants kissing his ass I am ready for a change.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:40 AM

507 posts, read 187,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
If Republicans focus only on the wealthy, why did the middle class receive (by percent) a larger (Trump) tax cut than the wealthy?
And Guess what bill has your taxes going up this year?

Why is it the overwhelming amount of the benefits went to a tiny group of people/entities?

Trickle down economics has never ever worked. That was a con sold by Reagan and unfortunately some people still believe it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies