Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 05:35 PM

62,946 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow...completely delusional. There must be a mental block in some of you. Time and time again, with examples, people have stated what they mean by this. And yet the left just keeps rambling on, making it about racism. It's actually pretty sad.
I know, I have explained it over and over to. Wishing we could go back in time simply means the good things about it not the bad things that include racism. There must be something in psychiatry that explains why people behave that way to just completely ignore one's words. It's mind boggling!

I have some close black friends. Why would I want them to be slaves and to be discriminated against?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
You must be either very very young or failed to pay attention to the society you were living in during your younger days if you think the era that saying is referring to was so "great."

The saying is "make America great AGAIN." The time period it refers to is a time when anyone who wasn't a white Christian male was treated as a 2nd class citizen, men had the legal right to beat and rape their wives, and don't get me started on the state-sponsored discrimination against ALL minorities (not just blacks).
So there was nothing good about the past like better family values and morals, everyone had a job, there was civil disagreement not violence and hate over politics? I could go on and on but you seem to want to focus on the bad instead because it fits your hate conservatives agenda. Why do you assume that we want the bad things back like you are describing instead of just the good things? Most conservatives don't want racism, etc. back. What is wrong with you people?

Old 01-12-2021, 05:45 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
What you don't understand is that there are a lot of people on the right that think Trump is a total failure. He failed to deliver on almost every count.

There are no political solutions to the problems we face. Absolutely None.
What do you think the solutions to the problems we face are?

Old 01-12-2021, 07:39 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
When I see someone wearing a MAGA hat now, my first thought used to be, "He probably supports racism." or "He must feel very insecure.".

Now it's, "Why does he want to overthrow our government?".

Anyone feels the same way?

I feel that way about these discusting Hypocrites, after all, who empowers a man that despises your own mother because she is white

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/con...tographer-says

Old 01-12-2021, 07:44 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So there was nothing good about the past like better family values and morals, everyone had a job, there was civil disagreement not violence and hate over politics? I could go on and on but you seem to want to focus on the bad instead because it fits your hate conservatives agenda. Why do you assume that we want the bad things back like you are describing instead of just the good things? Most conservatives don't want racism, etc. back. What is wrong with you people?
They are brain washed by a Marxist leaning educational system. You hear them refer to times past as being all bad, when in fact we had more intact families, especially in black neighborhoods, we recycled almost everything, milk bottles, pop bottles, straws were biodegradable Just like all times, something's were bad, and some were good

Well, maybe not the straws, they sucked

Old 01-12-2021, 07:52 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Then again, the snowflakes think the American flag is racist and evil too...

Old 01-12-2021, 07:59 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
You must be either very very young or failed to pay attention to the society you were living in during your younger days if you think the era that saying is referring to was so "great."

The saying is "make America great AGAIN." The time period it refers to is a time when anyone who wasn't a white Christian male was treated as a 2nd class citizen, men had the legal right to beat and rape their wives, and don't get me started on the state-sponsored discrimination against ALL minorities (not just blacks).
Nobody wants that and that isn’t what the slogan means, it means bring American factories and jobs back to America, to put Americans first, to put our own citizens first and not just white citizens, not to send billions overseas that will be put in the pockets of greedy government and use the billions instead for American infrastructure. It means zero of what contra pagan said.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:02 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
true.

have you seen this article:

https://www.axios.com/barbara-boxer-...d50ffaca1.html

".....Sen. Barbara Boxer [former] California Democrat registered as a foreign agent for a Chinese surveillance firm accused of abetting the country’s mass internment of Uighur Muslims, officials tell Axios."

betcha a bundle no mainstream media picks this story up.
Saw it on Fox. Can't believe an 80 year old is so driven by money that she can't retire and live the rest of her days peacefully. She's a Communist asset. Pitiful

Old 01-12-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Nobody wants that and that isn’t what the slogan means, it means bring American factories and jobs back to America, to put Americans first, to put our own citizens first and not just white citizens, not to send billions overseas that will be put in the pockets of greedy government and use the billions instead for American infrastructure. It means zero of what contra pagan said.
No matter how many times you pound this into their "hate Trump" heads they still come back with the same ole crap. WTH?????

Old 01-12-2021, 08:12 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Personally, I thought we were greater than we are now, back in the 80s. But when I think of our "greatness", I don't even consider race, because it is not something that I ever had to think about back then. What I do think about is how much less globalism we had back then as compared to now. Everything was still made here, and the middle class was strong. My mother worked, but not because she had to. She worked to give us the extras in life. We could have got along just fine on my father's accountant's salary, alone. Everybody just seemed happy to me back then. I fully admit that I have no idea what it was like to be a black person in the 80's. My exposure to black people was limited to Eddie Murphy movies. As far as this white teenager was concerned, he was the funniest guy alive.

Now, nothing is made here anymore. People seem miserable, and at each other's throat. Families are 2 income families out of necessity. Back then, America was the only game in town. Nobody even came close. There was a lot of national pride, which is completely gone now. We just dont feel as great as we did back then, so when I hear Trump say "Make America Great Again", that is what I assume he is talking about.
Thank you for taking the time to write this post.
Agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies