Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 03:46 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,579,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
The BIGGEST reason he lost the election was that he wouldn't keep his mouth shut! I'm a Republican and give him credit for doing many great things. He very wrongly believed that doing a great job would get him reelected, despite being a JERK!. I voted for him despite hating his personality! He lost because he couldn't keep his mouth shut! Plain & simple!
I'm glad you said that because I have gone from 100% Trump fan to now not so much. The events that have happened in the past few weeks since maybe Nov 3 have turned me away. I dont know what it is, but seems like you and me might be seeing a horrid side of politics and i have been also disappointed in some things. i was a big fan. now not so much. not sure if its everything, or just President Trump. maybe i was looking for some different attitude or something, i dont know.

i saw a video on Gateway Pundit that videod him talking like a mafia boss. i could not even watch it. that turned me totally off. it was in 1995 or so, and he said how he loves loyalty and when he doesn't find loyalty, he enjoys crushing the opponent if he has been playing games with us, i hate that my fandom for him was for nothing. but im not ready to be a Biden lover, i hate Biden and what he is about to do and has done. I just cant stand politics i guess. im now soured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 03:56 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
By taking Covid seriously from the very beginning and not f'ing up the response. That was all he had to do to get a second term and he blew it.

remember when he banned people from islamic terrorist supporting countries and he was called a racist for months on end? Should he have ordered the national guard to stomp out the actual riots and then forced all attendees into quarantine camps?

Old 01-12-2021, 03:59 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
In early 2020, I was resigned to the fact that Trump would probably be reelected. Remember, "it's the economy, stupid", and the economy was doing well. The democrats failed impeachment effort had probably helped Trump more than hurt him.

Then God sent Covid-19. (just kidding, but if I was religious i might claim that God sent the pandemic to punish Trump, or to save us from Trump). His downplaying of the virus, while the death toll grew and grew, is probably what hurt him the most. This led to Biden's lead in early polls. Trump, as usual, reacted with denial, refusing to believe he was actually losing.

the chinese sent it and they will be your xi jinping will be your new god.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:13 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think this election was baked in 2-3 years ago. I am coming to realize that Covid probably helped Trump. It gave his supporters a line in the sand and huge numbers of small business owners/contract workers/people who were not declared essential went for him in droves because of shut downs.
Then there were the small business owners/contract workers/people who realized that Trump's denial and obstruction were the reason the "shutdowns" had to be so widespread and go on so long.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I really think the failure of passing the $2k stimulus plan helped sink his re-election.

But he could have catered to the Bernie Sanders crowd, who reluctantly voted for Biden, by slashing or eliminating Student debt (providing a big boost to the economy) which he could have done without the consent of Congress or the Senate. Cancelling of student debt, along with free college, is big on the agenda of the Sanders followers. How many votes would that have translated to? 5 million?

Before the Bernie crowd storms the Capital, they're going to wait and see what gifts Biden is going to give them in return for their votes. I hear the $10k figure of slashing student debt, with restrictions. I don't think this is going to sail with the Bernie crowd, which are going to be even powerful in the next election as they're not going away anytime soon.

So what do you think? Canceling/Slashing Student Debt would have helped save him?

And please, let's leave conspiracy theories and voter fraud out of this thread!
He should have stopped tweeting about 60 days prior to the election; he should not have downplayed Covid and then tell a world class writer than he knew how dangerous it was all along. He should have done a FAR better job with Covid.

He should not have demonized blue states; threatening to withhold aid if their governor's weren't "nice" to him.

Normal people don't like that kind of thing in their leader.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:15 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
No Covid and Trump wins easily.
Where ? Tell Us Please, because He IS done and Out in the USA ....

Old 01-12-2021, 05:25 PM

9,873 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

But he could have catered to the Bernie Sanders crowd, who reluctantly voted for Biden, by slashing or eliminating Student debt (providing a big boost to the economy) which he could have done without the consent of Congress or the Senate. Cancelling of student debt, along with free college, is big on the agenda of the Sanders followers. How many votes would that have translated to? 5 million?

Let's be very clear here..there is NO such thing as canceling,slashing, or eliminating student debt. It only means transferring that cost to other taxpayers. Costs don't disappear, so if the students aren't paying; someone else is.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:29 PM

6,089 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Democrats finally figured out that they have more registered voters, and then they went to work changing laws like mass mail in voting and revoking signature matching. They then went door to door and collected ballots and in others cases, filled out thousands of empty ballots since signatures didn’t matter anymore.

Trump lost when Justice Roberts sided with the Democrats on their new voting laws, we just didn’t realize it at the time.

So what could have Trump did differently? Nothing.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:33 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Bought his own Dominion machines and replaced the existing ones?

Old 01-12-2021, 06:33 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Let's be very clear here..there is NO such thing as canceling,slashing, or eliminating student debt. It only means transferring that cost to other taxpayers. Costs don't disappear, so if the students aren't paying; someone else is.
And don't we all know that by cancelling student debt, all that money they're paying to reduce their student debts, could be channeled into the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies