Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 05:26 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
...most people don't care about the Capitol riots all that much...
I suspect you're misreading the situation rather badly. Most people don't want to be associated with those who rioted - nor with those who don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 05:26 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Moscow Mitch had to check on the opinions coming from Kentucky. Must be pretty large to remove.
No. McConnell just got re-elected and reportedly this was his last run. McConnell is undoubtedly furious at the senate loss and the precarious state that the House Republicans find themselves in. He is signaling to Republicans that they are free to vote yes on impeachment.

You’ll know what the Kentucky polls are saying based on how Rand Paul and the Kentucky representatives vote, not McConnell. I look for Comer, Massie, Guthrie, and Rogers to vote no. Yarmuth, out of Louisville, will vote yes and I wouldn’t be surprised if Barr, out of a Lexington, does also.

Trump will be impeached, and the odds just rose significantly that he’ll be convicted.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
LOL, ok what about the trauma Democrats caused rioting for months all summer of and on since 2012? Some these post read on here like they written by the Washing Post or NYT propagandists.
For those who were hiding in their homes or shops, or stuck in their vehicles with violent mobs circling them, yes. Especially if that went on for a long time. More than just a few minutes.

But no, people who witness it on their TVs don't suffer the trauma of being there.

And I can't imagine why any of that is funny. LOL.

And, unlike in this case, those who were traumatized and victimized by the summer riots aren't in a position to dispose of the leader of the riots like these lawmakers are. What a rich feeling of revenge that must be.

1,951 posts, read 700,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
To me it is believable..... Trump is in part the reason why he is no longer going to be the Senate Majority leader. I'd be pissed as well.
haha, Mitch lost the senate himself. Everyone with any brains at all would know no 2k check meaning no senate majority.

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The New York Times is reporting that Mitch McConnell is pleased with the impeachment and wants Trump gone. Certainly this will embolden others to come forward.
Yes, but the real point is that this shows what a hypocritical, self-serving, unethical SOB Mitch is, having enabled Trump for all this time.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:28 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Trump leaving office would help the party.

Trump is divisive and hurts the party.

If Trump cared about the party he would resign so Republicans don't have to run for reelection with the question of if the supported impeachment or not as a key issue alienating half their voters either way.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:30 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The New York Times is reporting that Mitch McConnell is pleased with the impeachment and wants Trump gone. Certainly this will embolden others to come forward.
Not much of a bombshell. Most of us knew McConnell was part of the Swamp. He is married to a Chinese woman. Not so surprising.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I suspect you're misreading the situation rather badly. Most people don't want to be associated with those who rioted - nor with those who don't care.
There is no association between Trump, Trump voters and those who rioted.. That is a democrat fiction. Republicans can't be that stupid to follow the Democrats narrative and vote for this sham impeachment and defy 75 million GOP voters.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:31 PM

37,182 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No. McConnell just got re-elected and reportedly this was his last run. McConnell is undoubtedly furious at the senate loss and the precarious state that the House Republicans find themselves in. He is signaling to Republicans that they are free to vote yes on impeachment.

You’ll know what the Kentucky polls are saying based on how Rand Paul and the Kentucky representatives vote, not McConnell. I look for Comer, Massie, Guthrie, and Rogers to vote no. Yarmuth, out of Louisville, will vote yes and I wouldn’t be surprised if Barr, out of a Lexington, does also.

Trump will be impeached, and the odds just rose significantly that he’ll be convicted.
I think you are reading the room correctly. Mitch doesn't do anything randomly. If this story hit NYT, which is one of his favorite places to "leak" information, he put it out himself. It's the equivalent of a mob boss putting out a contract.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:32 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think they just want Trump gone, without the possibility of ever being allowed to sully their party again. It's kind of shutting the barn door after the horse is out, but better late than never, I suppose.
Trump isn't the horse. People now realize that someone could actually put America's interest ahead of their own or other countries. It's hard to believe so many are against that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies