Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 04:41 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Guns are such a stain on our nation. The only ones who should have access to guns should be military, law enforcement, personal security for our beloved celebrities and political figures. Everyone else should just call the police or social worker if they have an issue where de-escalation is needed
Says the statist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 04:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Guns? You mean the ones that fell off the back of my mountain bike last weekend in the middle of the desert? I do have a short sword, if Biden thinks he can handle that between injections of amphetamines and octuple doses of Prevagen.
That would be a felony.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:44 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Already the democrats have filed about ten anti-gun bills in congress. You can be assured that Biden and Beto O'Rourke will fulfill (or attempt to) Biden's promise to confiscate all semi-automatic weapons and will ram their mandates through a one party congress. Just this week Biden said he will crush the NRA.

The ATF has long illegally compiled a database of gun owners and they WILL go house to house at some point is my guess. Anyone who doesn't give the government your only effective means of defending self, family or nation, will become a federal felon subject to arrest at any time.

Ironically they will be using automatic "weapons of war" to force you to surrender your arms, while simutaneously allowing criminals free reign.

We think we just saw an "innsurrection" in last weeks Keystone Cops debacle at the Capitol. But I think we haven't seen anything yet. UNLESS the majority of the population caves in and gives up all vestiges of freedom to the authoritarian police state.

What do YOU think will happen in this regard? Will you turn in your guns? Will you turn in your neighbors / family who have guns? Will you harbor those who decide to stand against the police state?
People need guns more than ever now. With the increased rioting and defunding the police, censorship and possibly civil war, people won't be giving up their protection.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:45 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Already the democrats have filed about ten anti-gun bills in congress. You can be assured that Biden and Beto O'Rourke will fulfill (or attempt to) Biden's promise to confiscate all semi-automatic weapons and will ram their mandates through a one party congress. Just this week Biden said he will crush the NRA.

The ATF has long illegally compiled a database of gun owners and they WILL go house to house at some point is my guess. Anyone who doesn't give the government your only effective means of defending self, family or nation, will become a federal felon subject to arrest at any time.

Ironically they will be using automatic "weapons of war" to force you to surrender your arms, while simutaneously allowing criminals free reign.

We think we just saw an "innsurrection" in last weeks Keystone Cops debacle at the Capitol. But I think we haven't seen anything yet. UNLESS the majority of the population caves in and gives up all vestiges of freedom to the authoritarian police state.

What do YOU think will happen in this regard? Will you turn in your guns? Will you turn in your neighbors / family who have guns? Will you harbor those who decide to stand against the police state?
Just stop. Please, just stop. Nobody is going to take away your precious guns. Don't worry.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:46 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
If there had been a blue wave I could see it. But the Dems saw them lose many house seats & barely controlling the Senate. All while having a candidate like Trump represent the Republicans. How exactly do you think they would fair in an election with a half way decent candidate & guns being removed? That would result in a red wave.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:46 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Yeah just like Obama was according to right wing pundits.

Relax

Old 01-12-2021, 04:47 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
A few facts. I own guns and support the right that humans have to own them. I was born and raised in Hawaii and I stay here because I hate cold weather. In any event, Cali is far worse than Hawaii.

Every time a newly elected Dem enters the WH we have people talking just like you. At worse, the government will make it more expansive to acquire some firearms, or even getting new firearms. Expect theft from the citizens as government will tax the hell out people who acquire new guns.

I'm a peaceful Anarchist at heart, are you? I understand what freedom is and how valuable it is.

When we go to only allowing legitamite tax payers a vote then we can talk about taxing guns.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:48 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
People need guns more than ever now. With the increased rioting and defunding the police and possibly civil war, people won't be giving up their protection.
Yep, that's why gun purchases skyrocketed in 2020.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:48 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:

Can you give us something that makes sense?

Old 01-12-2021, 04:50 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
When we go to only allowing legitamite tax payers a vote then we can talk about taxing guns.
Hahaha! Given what's happening right now, that idea would never become a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies